ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview and Finger Prints at ISB

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tazidle
Newly Registered

Interview and Finger Prints at ISB

Post by tazidle » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:41 am

Hi all,

After 9 weeks, my wife has been called for an Interview/fingerprints at the Islamabad embassy.

As she prepares for this, are there any tips you can share on making things go as smooth as possible ?

She'll take copies of the application form and supporting documentation.

Do you think they would issue the visa on the same day ?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by tazidle on Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cloudysky99

Post by cloudysky99 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:21 pm

Hi if you applied at islamabad then check this link out
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#101514

i don't know about others but my issue was issued on the same day though they don;t tell you that.. i suppose if there is no need to refer to the home office they give you the visa straight away

Cheers
Cloudy sky

MSS

Post by MSS » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:50 pm

Hi, can someone tell me if youre sent a letter a week before your fingerscans are due, to ask you to come in?

My husbands application is in week 10 now, and so I would be expecting him to have his fingerscans next week, but he hasnt got a letter yet or a phone call asking him to come in.

Would it be wise to wait, or should we get in conrtact with them about it?

tazidle
Newly Registered

Post by tazidle » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:05 pm

In week 10, my wife has just had her "interview" and finger print scan. The interview was simply a few questions ( date of birth, name, address) during the scan.

cloudysky99

Post by cloudysky99 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:38 am

hi
i got a call from fedex for my fingerscans after my 11 weeks are over so i guess its best to wait till then

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:56 am

My nephew who recently applied had his fingerprints done at ISB one week after he applied for visa.

Also someone says you can find out the progress of an application by typing your passport number on Gerry Fedex Visa website. Is this true?

cloudysky99

Post by cloudysky99 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:35 pm

well to tell u the truth it doesnt really work cuz the fedex ppl hardly ever update the website so even after you get the visa the site says 'your appliction is currently under process'

tazidle
Newly Registered

Post by tazidle » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:28 am

My wife got a call 3 days later from gerrys to collect the passport...

But, to our shock when she went to collect the passport, the visa was refused because the embassy could not see the divorce certificate from my previous marriage in the uk. We did sent my decree absolute, and this was in the original application forms and documentation which was also returned.

Now we have to appeal within 28 days...any advice ?

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:27 pm

Get the appeal form in as soon as possible, and also send a fax or e-mail to the consulate, pointing out their error. Did you send the original?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

tazidle
Newly Registered

Post by tazidle » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:49 pm

I have called the embassy in islamabad, and emailed them stating that an atested copy of the decree absoute was sent with the orginal visa application..I also sent them a scanned in copy of the absolute.

They have ignored the email and said you have to appeal within 28 days.

They seem to think that my marriage in polygamous !!!

What supporting documentation do we need to send with the appeal form ?

nom_anwa
Newly Registered

Post by nom_anwa » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:27 am

Hi guys can any one tell me please if any one here applied for an EEA FAMILY PERMIT FROM ISLAMABAD. and how long does it take thanks.
cloudysky99 wrote:Hi if you applied at islamabad then check this link out
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#101514

i don't know about others but my issue was issued on the same day though they don;t tell you that.. i suppose if there is no need to refer to the home office they give you the visa straight away

Cheers
Cloudy sky