ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Search on Personal Information Based on NIC

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:11 pm

I can't possibly say without seeing the documents, sorry. As I said, it will depend really on how much you were paid.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

raniwza

Post by raniwza » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:59 am

Hi Victoria

I have made enquiries with my previous 2 employers and only one can confirm pay (£100 a day-7 hours daily) - but both can confirm hours. This is because one of them (the previous/first one) does not pay by hour; they pay monthly and I attend classes during my term time (they let me go - 100% attendances) but they can confirm I work no longer than 20 hours a week during term/college time- i can bring the payslips to the PEO just in case if they ask to see.

Is this sufficient? But I am fully prepared now with all other colleges,universities,payslips and employers' letters just in case if the Home Office wants to see them.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:08 pm

As I have said, I can't say if this is okay without having seen the documents. It sounds as though it should be enough, but I can't be 100 per cent sure.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

William Blake
Member of Standing

Post by William Blake » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:49 pm

I don't get it mate. Why are you collecting these documents ? There is nothing on the form asking about work for the indefinite leave visa under the ten year rule.
Every night and every morn
Some to misery are born.
Every morn and every night
Some are born to sweet delight.
Some are born to sweet delight,
Some are born to endless night

William Blake
Member of Standing

Post by William Blake » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:00 pm

So from what I have read are we saying that if someone goes to apply for a visa, say an indefinite leave visa, that the Home Office is going to check whether they have conformed to the conditions of their stay before granting the new visa - and this check based on the NI number ?

Are we sure this is the reason for the new collecting of the national insurance number. Are they going to check tax contributions as a default situation or is it that they are collecting the NI numbers should someone need to be tracked down in the future ?
Last edited by William Blake on Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some to misery are born.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:04 pm

William Blake wrote:So from what I have read are we saying that if someone goes to apply for a visa, say an indefinite leave visa, that the Home Office is going to check whether they have conformed to the conditions of their stay before granting the new visa - and this check based on the NI number ?

So is it the case then - just playing this scenario through in my mind - one could submit an application, the BIA caseworker check with inland revenue as a default, sees a large salary, he/she may investigate which includes speaking to the employer and then refuse the application.

Well then if that is the case what hope is there for all the students who have broken these conditions. What can they do about that ?

Are we sure this is the reason for the new collecting of the national insurance number. Are they going to check tax contributions as a default situation or is it that they are collecting the NI numbers should someone need to be tracked down in the future ?
The guidance discusses what things they are interested in when contact HMRC, suggest you read it.
In any case, I don't see the point of hypothesizing what can you doif you broken the conditions of the visa, either they catch you or they don't so you are playing russion roulette but remember you broke the rules so there may be consquences, there is no fix for bad behaviour.

William Blake
Member of Standing

Post by William Blake » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:24 pm

Last edited by William Blake on Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Some to misery are born.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:30 pm

Why are you repeating your post?

William Blake
Member of Standing

Post by William Blake » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:31 pm

The guidance discusses what things they are interested in when contact HMRC, suggest you read it.
In any case, I don't see the point of hypothesizing what can you doif you broken the conditions of the visa, either they catch you or they don't so you are playing russion roulette but remember you broke the rules so there may be consquences, there is no fix for bad behaviour.
Take some of your own advice SYH:

no point in getting righteous ...There is no such thing as a mere technicality to the HO if you want to believe in fantasy then go for it but don't be surprised by the HO's none than pleasant attitude.

Remember that on your judgement day - "no fix for bad behaviour"
Some to misery are born.

William Blake
Member of Standing

Post by William Blake » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:33 pm

Why are you repeating your post?
Well, SYH I did not mean to repeat my post it was a mistake. I hope there is a fix for this bad behaviour. Please don't punish me. So sorry.
Some to misery are born.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:36 pm

William Blake wrote: Take some of your own advice SYH:
Remember that on your judgement day - "no fix for bad behaviour"
What in the world are you talking about? Why are you quoting me? to make some unintelligible point.
Here we go again, someone who doesn't want to face the facts, getting all pissy because he doesn't like the answer

William Blake
Member of Standing

Post by William Blake » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:41 pm

Well, I quote you because I have read alot of your posts. There is a strong theme to them. Rule breakers deserve to be punished. Fine if that is your view you are entitled to it of course but by definition advice is "an opinion or recommendation offered as a guide to action, conduct"

That's what this site is about. Isn't it ? I mean if you do something wrong and you ask for advice would you want to hear - well you deserve what you are going to get. Well, why put things that way. You say things of that nature a lot. Check your posts on here. You will see I ain't lying.
Some to misery are born.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:46 pm

William Blake wrote:Well, I quote you because I have read alot of your posts. There is a strong theme to them. Rule breakers deserve to be punished. Fine if that is your view you are entitled to it of course but by definition advice is "an opinion or recommendation offered as a guide to action, conduct"

That's what this site is about. Isn't it ? I mean if you do something wrong and you ask for advice would you want to hear - well you deserve what you are going to get. Well, why put things that way. You say things of that nature a lot. Check your posts on here. You will see I ain't lying.
No William you have me wrong. I am going by the reactions of the HO and I see very few cases work out by breaking any kind of infringement. And I am being practical, I see no point in freaking out when there is nothing to be done. In this case, it is just bite the bullet. if there was some out, I think someone would have provided it by now but there is no benefit to sugar coating it.

William Blake
Member of Standing

Post by William Blake » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:26 pm

I am going by the reactions of the HO and I see very few cases work out by breaking any kind of infringement.
Yes well of course I got you that's a fair point.
Last edited by William Blake on Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Some to misery are born.

raniwza

Post by raniwza » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:04 am

Thanks guys for the posts-it has been entertaining read before working clock starts.

Well, like Victoria had said in the first place; somebody has won his appeal because he could prove he is paid high hourly rate hence the reason of the inflated salary on his P60.

I am just making sure I have all of the evidences so that I won't have to go through an appeal process. To be honest, I am tired having to work on temporary contract therefore hoping to get my stamp on the one day processing (premium service) in 2 weeks time when I will be eligible.

From there onwards, I could apply for a permanent job without the need for a work permit. Pray for me?

Hopeful, raniwza

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:51 am

William Blake wrote:
I am not advocating deliberate violations but if it has happened one hopes to be able to move on. ... but rather somewhat like a risk assessment.
Ok but the problem with the risk assessment is that they may check randomly. Otherwise, if you worked more hours than you should have, I would think you would know what might stick out as a sore thumb in an extensions such as your payslip showing the number of hours worked or making too much money.
The only other thing is to get a SAR and see if perhaps there were red flags in previous LTR extensions for instance.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:37 pm

William Blake wrote:
they check to see if you have paid taxes, that you are up to date.

As a default ? Or are you saying - if they check - they check that one is up to date with taxes? So what if one isn't up to date ? An individual can always sort that out with inland revenue..
Thank you for sending me a private message, I believe it should be posted on the board.

It is very easy to continually debunk and basically negate all hypothesis by saying so what? I suggest you consider why are they asking for it at all.
The person who began the thread was really focused on can it be used to determine if a student has worked more than 20 hours. So far, the students who have reported getting caught have been stopped at the border by immigration when they have returned from being out of the country so there is some evidence to support it is not being used in this manner or at least it is probably not the primary method of sussing out the over hour achievers. Second, there is no point for the HO to allow people to continue to availing themselves of UK benefits, if they are not contributing to it. It is a very basic premise. Usually the most simple reason is the right one. Third you seem to think it is something the HMRC should and can sort it. I am sure that is true but that's not really the point.
Finally, I read and reread guidance and notes and announcements, etc all the information I can find and then synthesize and summarize what I have read and that's is my take on why they ask for the NI number and what they use it for.
Unless you are willing to peruse all the information, it is a lot of work for me to go back and point out to the different locations of all the pieces of the puzzle to get you to the same point of my conclusion
All I can tell you is that the annex and guidance notes are a great source of information and people really should give it a gander to assuage the fears.
I hope that helps.