ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport With Out Naturalization :

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wam_khan

British Passport With Out Naturalization :

Post by wam_khan » Fri May 30, 2014 4:18 pm

Hi All,

I am granted with ILR in April. I have a new born baby. I am slightly confused as if I need to apply for her Naturalization or we Can go for her passport with out naturalization as she has Birth Certificate given in Uk.

kindly participate and respond to query.

Warm Regards
M Vamiq Khan

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: British Passport With Out Naturalization :

Post by Casa » Fri May 30, 2014 4:28 pm

You were given an answer last month in this thread:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1023163
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

wam_khan

Re: British Passport With Out Naturalization(Amber plz respo

Post by wam_khan » Fri May 30, 2014 4:41 pm

Confusion arose as a friend of mine took a British Passport directly with out naturalisation. Kindly clarify again I will be grate full.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri May 30, 2014 5:00 pm

The information already given hasn't changed.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

wam_khan

Post by wam_khan » Fri May 30, 2014 5:12 pm

Dear Casa,

Why not in one word you just respond rather than referring to my older post. if older post can be only assistance, there is numerous posts that may respond to my query. the one simple objective is to get response in a sentence. I hope you understand

Regards
Vamiq Khan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 30, 2014 10:07 pm

As I mentioned in your other post that Casa has highlighted, you need to register the baby on form MN1 under Section 1(3) of the BNA, which is an entitlement to register as a British Citizen.

Only a British Citizen can apply for a British passport. Your baby is not British as the baby was born BEFORE you received ILR. So the answer is no, you cannot apply directly for a British passport, you will have to register baby as British first.

You could only apply for a passport if the baby was born AFTER you received ILR (settled).

For info - Naturalisation is for adults. Registration is for children. Also, having a UK birth certificate does not make a child British if the parents were not settled (ILR) or British at the time of the childs birth.

You are in the unfortunate position that the birth happened 5 days before your received your ILR, but the rules are the rules and there is no easy way, except the steps I have already explained.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wam_khan

Post by wam_khan » Sat May 31, 2014 5:00 pm

CR001 and Case Many Thank you.

This is comprehensive enough.

Warm Regards
M Vamiq Khan

wam_khan

List of Documents with MN1 : Amber Please respond.

Post by wam_khan » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:53 am

Dear All,

I am applying my daughter's Citizenship. I am granted with ILR on 11/04 and Child born on 06/04 . Kindly provide a list of documents that I need to attach along with MN1 application form under Section 3(1). Her mother is not on ILR and she continuing her stay on dependent Tier 1 scheme previously granted.

Warm Regards
M Vamiq Khan

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: List of Documents with MN1 : Amber Please respond.

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:47 am

Is this not a section 1(3) application?

You seriously need to stop opening new threads!
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

wam_khan

Post by wam_khan » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:12 am

Amber ,

I am talking about same MN1 related issues but question is diferent. I need to know the list of documents required with my MN1 application form. If I am not wrong you meant to say I must raise my additional questions on the old related threads. Which I will in future raise. Kindly now list the documents required with MN1 application under section 3(1) applicant.

Warm Regards
M Vamiq khan

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:31 am

But the application is 1(3) is it not?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:45 am

mate you need to start paying attention to people who are making an effort to help you. Amber is asking the right question because based on your case it is a section 1(3) application but you are asking about the documents for section 3(1) .............. 1(3) vs 3(1) .... get it?

Please spend some time to read through the MN1 form and the guide and you wont even have to ask this trivial question which has been answered numerous times in other posts.