ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on AN form (British Citizenship)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Query on AN form (British Citizenship)

Post by pgaitonde » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:46 pm

I have done my Bachelors degree in Engineering from University of Mumbai, India and i would like to know which option do i need to select while applying for my British Citizenship using the form AN. I have got my ILR in July 2013 when there was no such rule of B1 CEFR as it came into effect on 23 Oct 2013. Can someone please help?

1.22 How do you intend to satisfy the requirement to have sufficient knowledge of language and life in the UK? See page
11–17 in the accompanying Booklet AN
✔ I have passed the Life in the UK test and attach confirmation.
The test number is:
AND EITHER
✔ I have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent
level qualification; OR
✔ I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised
standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
(i) UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
(ii) the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country
(other than Canada); OR
✔ I am a national of a majority English speaking country; OR
✔ I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013;
OR
✔ I wish to claim exemption on the basis of my physical or mental condition (physical and/or mental illness
may not lead automatically to exemption. You should provide reasons on page 15. Your application may fail
and the fee retained if insufficient reasons for exemption are provided).

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Re: Query on AN form (British Citizenship)

Post by pgaitonde » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:34 pm

HELPpppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:40 pm

Unless you have done the B1 English test, you will need to prove this
I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised
(i) UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
NARIC website link below

http://ecctis.co.uk/NARIC/

Or, some people have had success using the PBS calculator if awarded points for English.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:45 pm

CR001 wrote:Unless you have done the B1 English test, you will need to prove this
I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised
NARIC website link below

http://ecctis.co.uk/NARIC/

Or, some people have had success using the PBS calculator if awarded points for English.

I have checked PBS calculator and it does award me 10 points for my university but which option should i select?

RockON

Post by RockON » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:47 pm

You also need minimum 20 points for your bachelor's degree
All the best

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:15 pm

RockON wrote:You also need minimum 20 points for your bachelor's degree
All the best

i get 30 points on my degree...that is not an issue..i need to know what do i do with question 1.22..can someone please reply?

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:43 pm

can someone please help?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:40 pm

✔ I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised
Include a copy of the PBS calculator print out with the degree certificate in addition to LIUK. You really need to clam yourself down and be more patient.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.