ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

showing original title deeds or copies

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abdulraheem123

showing original title deeds or copies

Post by abdulraheem123 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:03 am

HI

does anybody know if i need to just show copies of the title deeds? or do i need to send the original title deeds?
my parents fully own the house which i live in, and this is the house i will be using to call my wife over on a spouse visa

Thanks

WR1

Re: showing original title deeds or copies

Post by WR1 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:40 pm

I very much doubt you even need to show title deeds at all. Have your parents write a letter confirming your residence in their house and welcoming your spouse when she arrives in the UK. Any details of any contributions to the residence should also be included.

What you will need is some form of a house residence report from either the local council or your local estate agents that will confirm that there will be no overcrowding with the addition of your spouse with regards to the Housing Act 1985.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:42 pm

with just the property survey, how would the visa officer know that the property is owned by someone to then give someone else permission to stay there?

AA1
Newly Registered

Post by AA1 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:38 pm

I recommend you go on line to the land registry website and pay £3.00 and get a electronic copy downloaded and printed off to show your parents own the property and include it in the application. It would also be a good idea to get a property inspection report from an official source such as a estate agency or surveyor to show the property is adequate and not overcrowded. Also a letter from your parents supporting your spouse would be good to have also.

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:04 pm

AA1 wrote:I recommend you go on line to the land registry website and pay £3.00 and get a electronic copy downloaded and printed off to show your parents own the property and include it in the application. It would also be a good idea to get a property inspection report from an official source such as a estate agency or surveyor to show the property is adequate and not overcrowded. Also a letter from your parents supporting your spouse would be good to have also.
yes i was trying to do get the copy online, but it asked me to fill in a form and post it to them, which would take a few days, so i was hoping that if i just copy my dads deeds and send them that would be quicker