ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (M) Success - PEO Liverpool

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fahsag
Newly Registered

SET (M) Success - PEO Liverpool

Post by fahsag » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:12 pm

Hi Members,

Thanks to all the members who help / advice on this forum.

I went for my wife's SET (M) application to liverpool PEO on Friday and it was approved in 2 hours. For Cohab documents I took joint bank statements, NHS registration letter, mobile bills, sky bills, pay slips, letter from employer confirming employment, letter from landlord to confirm that he pays all the utility bills, birth certificate of my daughter.

It was at PEO at 10am and the whole process was really quick as payment was already made online and printed the payment sheet. I was initally asked basic questions around LIUK and English test certificates and then gave all the originals and photocopies to another case worker. at 12 am they called us and said the application for ILR is approved.

I took photocopies of all cohab documents and bank statements and payslips but they only retained 3-4 letters. Might be an idea to not photocopy the bank statements and payslips specially for last 12 months rather just do it for 3 months (senior members can advice better).

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SET (M) Success - PEO Liverpool

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:26 am

Congratulations!
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

fahsag
Newly Registered

Post by fahsag » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:58 pm

Thanks Amber_

khaledadda

Post by khaledadda » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:51 pm

Hi Congrats,
That's really good news,
I have appointment at croydon next Tuesday the 10 June
Can you share your experience
How many kids have you got? How much finance did you show them monthly after paying rent and council tax?
Many thanks

fahsag
Newly Registered

Post by fahsag » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:35 am

Thanks khaledadda.

I have one daughter. My earnings are quite a bit over the threshold required so I did not really worry about finances. I only showed what I actually earn (they had my payslips, bank statements for one year and letter for employer confirming this) and what I paid in rent (is all inclusive of bills and council tax so I took a letter from landlord confirming this). For the relationship to be geniune I include a mixture of letters including bank statements, credit card statements, NHS letters, Child birth certificate, mobile bills, HMRC letters, MOT reminders, etc. For every six months, I included atleast 1 joint letter and 2 individual letters.

In terms of experience there was absolutely nothing they asked me about the application apart from the basic questions confirming that I have the LIUK and English Exam certificates for my wife.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

vinILR
Newly Registered

Post by vinILR » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:20 am

Congrats Fahad !

I have a question regarding the which form to be used ? I got my ILR done in Feb'14 & I'm planning to apply for my wife's ILR. She has Tier(1) dependent at the moment. Which form to be used SET(O) or Set(M) ? Could you please clarify on this.

Thanks,
Vinay

khaledadda

Post by khaledadda » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:18 pm

Hi Fahad
Thanks for your reply

My appointment is next Tuesday the 10 June
I let you know the outcome of my application

HABARWAA
Newly Registered

Post by HABARWAA » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:58 pm

I would appretiate if you advice me...........
I was brought into UK by my wife who is a refugee and was given 2 years leave to remain as spouse (outside immigration rule).
I married her post her asylum in UK and within the 28 days of my leave to remain expires, I filled SET M application and submitted with a fee and all relevant documents.

Is this the right form? or it was SET O application form

Thanks in advance

rakib
Newly Registered

Post by rakib » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:32 am

hi
congrates, is there any financial req for set m? thanks

fahsag
Newly Registered

Post by fahsag » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:53 am

Hi Rakib

Yes there are financial requirements. If you browse the forum you can see a detailed explanation by the senior members.

Vinay / HABARWAA - Senior members will be in a better position to advice you.

Thanks
fahad

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:07 pm

Hi Fahab,

did you photocopy all the documents ? Also can you provide me with a list of docs to submit as I am not sure where to start from ?

Thanks