ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Question

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pavitrad
Newly Registered

Visa Question

Post by pavitrad » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:22 am

Hi,

Am from India & have an unconditional offer from a University in the UK,got my CAS mail & now am getting ready for the visa process. my question is:

For the money that need to be shown for the visa interview, can we show it in the form of fixed deposits and public provident funds?I dont know if the bank terminology is the same in the UK but i need help here. I can get bank statements for them but will they be accepted as FD's?am not sure if i make sense but pls help a confused girl here. :?

shaq1

Re: Visa Question

Post by shaq1 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:26 am

You can't show the money on fixed deposit or provident fund. The money need to be in your account for 28 days. You can show the money on your parents account, in that case you need to show proof of the relationship and they will give you a consent letter that you can use that money for your educational expense purposes.

You can send your bank statement to your university they can check if everything is in right order.

pavitrad
Newly Registered

Post by pavitrad » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:55 am

Thank you.All the money in my name and my mom's name is in the form of fixed deposits & provident funds. I can use it any time i want.

Yes its being funded by my mother.so i can show my birth certificate.Is there anything else that needs to be shown to prove that she's my parent?

shaq1

Post by shaq1 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:50 pm

Please see the regulation from the policy guidance
The evidence of money that you use must be of cash funds in the bank (this includes
savings accounts and current accounts even when notice must be given), as a loan letter
or official financial or government sponsorship available to you. Other accounts or financial
instruments such as shares, bonds, overdrafts, credit cards and pension funds are not
acceptable, regardless of notice period.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -4-student

As I have said before you have to show that amount on your account or your parents account as cash funds.

pavitrad
Newly Registered

Post by pavitrad » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:28 am

Can i show my bank passbook to them? I can take the original passbook for the visa interview..I read in Appendix C document that
(b) A building society pass book which satisfies the following requirements:
(i) The building society pass book must cover:
(1) a consecutive 90-day period of time, if the applicant is applying as a Tier 1 Migrant, a Tier 2 Migrant a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Migrant, or the Partner or Child of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant in any of these categories,
(2) a single date within 31 days of the date of the application, if the applicant is applying as a Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) Migrant, or
(3) a consecutive 28-day period of time, if the applicant is applying as a Tier 4 Migrant or the Partner or Child of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant who is a Tier 4 Migrant
(ii) The period covered by the building society pass book must end no earlier than 31 days before the date of the application;
(iii) The building society pass book must clearly show:
(1) the name of: _i. the applicant, _ii the applicant’s parent(s) or legal guardian’s name, if the applicant is applying as Tier 4 Migrant, _iii. the name of the Relevant Points-Based System Migrant, if the applicant is applying as a Partner or Child of a Relevant Points-Based System Migrant, or _iv. the name of the applicant’s other parent who is legally present in the UK, if the applicant is applying as a Child of a Relevant Points-Based System Migrant
Pls clear this to me. :)

shaq1

Post by shaq1 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:53 am

So the passbook you have it is for your Building society's account?

If it is then yes you may show that one. But if it's not then No

pavitrad
Newly Registered

Post by pavitrad » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:44 pm

could u define what a building society passbook is?i may have overlooked that word... :oops:

shaq1

Post by shaq1 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:32 am

Building society is a kind of a cooperative bank which you will found in UK.

As I have told you before you should have the maintenance fund on your account and not in some funds.

pavitrad
Newly Registered

Post by pavitrad » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:21 am

shaq1, thanks for the reply. this problem is sorted.

I want to go for the visa interview on 25th July..My funds will be more than a month old on 25th july..is that okay?when should i take my bank statement? am planning to take it on 25th of this month.

shaq1

Post by shaq1 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:30 am

So your fund will be in your account for 28 days by 25th July? If yes then you have to take your bank statement after the day when it will be in your account more than 28 days not in 25th June.

pavitrad
Newly Registered

Post by pavitrad » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:32 am

Thanks shaq1.

My funds will be 33 days old on july 25th...I have deposited it yesterday [monday] IST...is that okay?or should it be exactly 28 days old?

pavitrad
Newly Registered

Post by pavitrad » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:05 am

Even if am filling the application form online & paying online, I need to fill the vaf 9 & appendix 8 forms.right? pls clarify.

shaq1

Post by shaq1 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:24 am

As long as your money is on your account for 28 days it will be fine.

If your are making online application you do not need to fill VAF9 and Appendix 8 Form. Please see the link > https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... appendix-8

pavitrad
Newly Registered

Post by pavitrad » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:29 pm

Thanks.

It will be 28 days on 21st july. so should i take my bank statement on 22nd july or did i understand it wrong? :oops: i know am being thick regarding this issue but the time period has completely confused me. :(

Also, I will have 2 bank statements. one in the name of my mother and one in my name. Is it okay?

shaq1

Post by shaq1 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:27 pm

You can take it anyday after 21 July. If you are using your mother's account as well then you have to submit yourbirth certificate with your parents name on the birth certiifcate plus a consent letter from your parents that you can use that amount

pavitrad
Newly Registered

Post by pavitrad » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:13 am

Thanks shaq1. you're an angel. :)