ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DL Form Application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mimi21
Newly Registered

DL Form Application

Post by Mimi21 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:19 pm

I have a question with DL forms that have the before or on 8 July 2012 refused asylum but given exceptional circumstances for leave. If i want to vary my leave perhaps change it to settlement can i send the application in early ie even 1 and a half years early etc if there where some sort of compelling reasons such as children joining you because or reasons i would rather not say or mother being unable to travel. the Children in this case where actually born here in the UK details would be too much to explain here...
I know it says 28 days before leave expires
My questions are more on trying to understand what can be allowed to make an application for variation of leave
Also when its application for settlement does one have to wait till the 28 days or can they apply at any time if ie they meet the 6 year terms eg child maybe.
In any case i have been in the UK since 2003
All my Children born here eldest 7.

Any opinions will be greatly appreciated

odat
Jordan

Re: DL Form Application

Post by odat » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:45 pm

if you have complete 6 years DLR you can use SET(O) for ILR

Mimi21
Newly Registered

Post by Mimi21 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:54 pm

odat wrote:if you have complete 6 years DLR you can use SET(O) for ILR
Hi thank you for the response just one more thing on the new form DL 6 April 2014 it says is you where refused asylum but given DL and it was less than 4 years

"Use this form to apply for an extension of your stay or for settlement if you were refused asylum but were given ‘discretionary leave’ to stay in the UK, or ‘exceptional leave’ to stay in the UK for less than 4 years."

Does that 4 year only apply to extension or both
My DL specifically mentions due to exceptional circumstances
Am just looking for clarification and also based on a most resent court case where the judge made it clear the rules should also be made in such a way that we can clearly understand them. And i think part 8 of the rules might have been mentioned or somehow was part of it

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:24 pm

Mimi21 wrote:
Hi thank you for the response just one more thing on the new form DL 6 April 2014 it says is you where refused asylum but given DL and it was less than 4 years

"Use this form to apply for an extension of your stay or for settlement if you were refused asylum but were given ‘discretionary leave’ to stay in the UK, or ‘exceptional leave’ to stay in the UK for less than 4 years."

Am just looking for clarification and also based on a most resent court case where the judge made it clear the rules should also be made in such a way that we can clearly understand them. And i think part 8 of the rules might have been mentioned or somehow was part of it
dl form is for people on article 8 and people refused asylum but given DL
before 8 July 2012 home office was granted 3 years DLR and you need to complete 6 years to apply for ILR
after 8 July 2012 rules changes home office start granted 2.5 years and you need to complete 10 years for ILR (2.5 years x 4 time extension )
you can use dl form for ILR if you complete 6 years and you need to attach letter with form and remind them you have completed 6 years but dl form its take long time maybe more then one years most people use SET(O) because is quicker

Does that 4 year only apply to extension or both ?
they saying less than 4 years and its apply for both

what is your story ?

Mimi21
Newly Registered

Post by Mimi21 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:56 pm

Its a complicated one but my application was in 2011 and decided after the rule changes i am particularly trying to understand the less than 4 year part because original you would get 3 years anyways then now its 2 and half which means by the time you do your next term its either 5 years or 6 years so under 4 years means the first application before finishing 6 years right?
Just asking
odat wrote:
Mimi21 wrote:

dl form is for people on article 8 and people refused asylum but given DL
before 8 July 2012 home office was granted 3 years DLR and you need to complete 6 years to apply for ILR
after 8 July 2012 rules changes home office start granted 2.5 years and you need to complete 10 years for ILR (2.5 years x 4 time extension )
you can use dl form for ILR if you complete 6 years and you need to attach letter with form and remind them you have completed 6 years but dl form its take long time maybe more then one years most people use SET(O) because is quicker

Does that 4 year only apply to extension or both ?
they saying less than 4 years and its apply for both

what is your story ?

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:42 pm

new rules don't apply for old application
if you have been granted 3 years DLR in 2011 that mean next extension 2014 you will get another 3 years because you are on the old rules the change don't apply on you
the new rules is only apply for people who get there Decision on or after 9 July 2012
that mean people who granted 2.5 years after 9 July 2012 they are in new rules (10 years for ilr)

Mimi21
Newly Registered

Post by Mimi21 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:17 pm

Ok thank you for your time
odat wrote:new rules don't apply for old application
if you have been granted 3 years DLR in 2011 that mean next extension 2014 you will get another 3 years because you are on the old rules the change don't apply on you
the new rules is only apply for people who get there Decision on or after 9 July 2012
that mean people who granted 2.5 years after 9 July 2012 they are in new rules (10 years for ilr)