ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success June 5 Croydon - Tier 1 (G)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mhkhan

ILR success June 5 Croydon - Tier 1 (G)

Post by mhkhan » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:34 pm

Hello All,

I got the ILR today at Croydon. Was with my three dependents. A very pleasant and completely different experience than the one I had there at the time of my Tier 1 extension. Will not go into any experience or documents details as those were all the usual ones explained many times on the forum already.

I had three major concerns before the application. Would like to share them incase it is of any interest to someone.

1) Was unemployed for more than 5 months after arriving in the UK on Tier 1. There is not a single question on continuous employed in the application or the guidance- yet was fretting about it.

2) I work for four employers on contract basis ( hence 30 payslips enclosed) and despite scoring the maximum points for earnings, my income was quite low in couple of months. My concern was related to the question in Section 5 where they ask, how much and how regularly I get my salary. I had put my net average salary there and mentioned that in one line on the application form.

3) At one of the employers, I work in two capacities simultaneously but the payslips only show combined salary from both. I went on a business trip for one of the two posts. My letter from that employer about my trip was very straight forward.

Should anyone has any specific queries, please feel free to ask. By the way, I used the Set (O) June 2nd form.

Good luck.

Hamad

hsr1972

Re: ILR success June 5 Croydon - Tier 1 (G)

Post by hsr1972 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:25 pm

Congratulations ! Did you had any absence in 5 years, If yes did you provide any Absence letter ? Is it mandatory to provide absence letter if you are within 180 days ?

hsr72

mhkhan

Post by mhkhan » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:54 pm

My holidays were as few as as 20 days each year. I did provide letters from the employers- both current and former . The guidance says they want evidence of even a weekend spent outside the UK so I didn't want to risk it.

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:14 pm

well done Hamad, Congratulations.

What did you submit for 5 yrs residency period, did they ask for any P60s of the first 5 years. What did you mention in covering letter about the unemployment in the first year?

mhkhan

Post by mhkhan » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:54 pm

Hi argus7,

Thanks.

I kept my documents related to only the last 12 months and there is no need to talk about something like unemployment when they haven't asked anywhere in the application or the guidance. I was carrying my P60s incase they asked but those too were only for the last year only.

I completed 4 years 10 months today. My first entry was after 40 days.

Hope this helps. Just focus on the stuff they have asked.