ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can i apply for mba or msc?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

easyindian
Newly Registered

can i apply for mba or msc?

Post by easyindian » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:27 am

hello, i came into the uk in feb 2010 on an unconditional offer letter from a college, my course duration was from feb 2010 to june 2013, it was Bsc computer science and the level was NQF Level 4, i completed that course in june 2013 and applied for a level 7 diploma in strategic management in july 2013 and the course is going to end in july this year, have i completed almost 5 years according to this? can i apply for msc or mba when my visa is about to end? thanks a lot

shaq1

Re: can i apply for mba or msc?

Post by shaq1 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:21 am

It depends on your course duration. So if your BSc course start date was Feb 2010 and end date June 2013 then you have spent 3 years 4 months for a level 6 course. After that you have enrolled for one year level 7 course. So that means you have already spent more than 4 years for your level 6 and 7 course. So no you can't go for MBA and MSc. because you have only 8 months to complete any level 7 course.

I hope it helps

easyindian
Newly Registered

Post by easyindian » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:06 pm

what other options do i have? someone also told me that acca is not counted in the 5 year cap and that its professional course not academic or something? is that right? can i go for acca?

easyindian
Newly Registered

Post by easyindian » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:21 pm

anyone?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:58 pm

i think based on your previous qualification (if awarded by competent uk awarding body) then you might get exemption for MBA which may shortens the course for example by mature entry route they take you to dissertation phase which depends on individual university. Otherwise applying for PHD via M Phil maybe safer under these circumstances because ACCA professional course is a mixture of level 6 & 7.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

easyindian
Newly Registered

Post by easyindian » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:51 am

the thing is i haven't completed my bsc all i have is a progress report, sorry should've mentioned in the main post, does this change everything?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:47 am

A Bsc is not nqf level 4. It is nqf level 6 and therefore even if you did not end up being awarded the Bsc, the whole time on the course counts as degree level study. You don't have sufficient time under the rules to undertake a masters or an MBA. I would be very surprised if you managed to get an offer on a phd given that you don't have any degree.
Acca is degree level study so you don't have enough time to do that either.

easyindian
Newly Registered

Post by easyindian » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:38 am

i think thats it for me on student visa then, what other options do i have if i want to switch the visa category?