ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming ad a joint couple help please!

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LoveMyBaby786

Claiming ad a joint couple help please!

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:51 am

I will make this simple.
My husband came here early march 2014 on a spouse visa for 2 years.
I am a uk british citizen.
He started work so I applied for a joint claim on tax credits. We also have 1 child together and another on the way which is why I am not working.
Recieved a letter from tax office today stating we are entitled to child tax credit and working tax credit. The letter came in both mine and my husbands name. His name was written next to the working tax credit bit as he is working and my name next to the child tax credit. Payments will go into my account as at the time I applied for a joint claim he didnt have a bank account.
Okay so what I want to ask is if this is okay? Will it be a problem for when we apply for him again after the 2 years? Wr did tick the subject to immigration control box on the form so didnt lie about anything but im so confused because his passport states no recourse to public funds??
Can someone help me as soon as possible please as I dont want to be claiming something and then it be a problem 2 yeara down the line and I will have to pay it all back. Thank you

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Claiming ad a joint couple help please!

Post by Amber » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:57 pm

No, what you've got is fine.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:14 pm

Thank you!
I also forgot to write I get child benefit for my son does this affect anything? Its in my name

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:49 pm

No.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

apolo654
Newly Registered

Post by apolo654 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:44 pm

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if someone can help me as well, I am a refugee with 5 years permit, recently I marry my wife who was on Tier 4, I used to claim Working Tax Credit when I was single and since we got married I change the claim to Joint. (both of our names appear in the tax credit award letter).

I April we applied for Spouse permit for my wife and she got the permit which allows her to stay for 30months for now. However I noticed in the letters received with the permit from HomeOffice there some benefits which my wife is exempt from, Tax credit was one of them.

My question is do I need to let HMRC know that I am married but my wife is not allowed to claim?
Tax Credit Award is in the name of both of us at the moment and I am the only one who receive it in my bank account.

Thank you for your advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:35 pm

So long as you can access public funds, a joint claim would be ok.

apolo654
Newly Registered

Post by apolo654 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:59 pm

Thanks Amber.