ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

join to existing business (any senior person to respond)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

get2skills
Newly Registered

join to existing business (any senior person to respond)

Post by get2skills » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:21 pm

hi
just need to ask is, can i invest my money on existing business on already running in uk last two years. i am on psw rout,
please respond any senior person on board
thanks

entrepreneur123

Re: join to existing business (any senior person to respond)

Post by entrepreneur123 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:49 pm

Assuming you are new applicant. No you cannot invest in someone else business, however you can invest in business which you own(100%shareholder). Also you can takeover old business (goodwill paid to old owner will not count towards investment) for reference read new guidance policy

get2skills wrote:hi
just need to ask is, can i invest my money on existing business on already running in uk last two years. i am on psw rout,
thanks

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Post by MTZ510 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:57 pm

@ entrepreneur123

Can you share the link where its mentioned that goodwill paid to previous owner is not an investment.
If we get a shop on lease from the existing lease holder and pay him the goodwill for the lease will it not count as cost of acquiring a lease?

Thanks
entrepreneur123 wrote:Assuming you are new applicant. No you cannot invest in someone else business, however you can invest in business which you own(100%shareholder). Also you can takeover old business (goodwill paid to old owner will not count towards investment) for reference read new guidance policy

thanks
Always help others..... it always come back to you.
Even if i know the answer ... i have this habit of confirming from others..

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Post by MTZ510 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:57 pm

@ entrepreneur123

Can you share the link where its mentioned that goodwill paid to previous owner is not an investment.
If we get a shop on lease from the existing lease holder and pay him the goodwill for the lease will it not count as cost of acquiring a lease?

Thanks
entrepreneur123 wrote:Assuming you are new applicant. No you cannot invest in someone else business, however you can invest in business which you own(100%shareholder). Also you can takeover old business (goodwill paid to old owner will not count towards investment) for reference read new guidance policy

thanks
Always help others..... it always come back to you.
Even if i know the answer ... i have this habit of confirming from others..