ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (M) Cohabitation Documents ??

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

solospy
Member of Standing

Set (M) Cohabitation Documents ??

Post by solospy » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:57 pm

Hi Experts,

I will be applying for my wife's ILR on form Set (M) on the basis of completing 2 years as a spouse of a British national. I have a query about cohabitation documents. I have bills for almost every month for the last 2 years and if I attach those with the application it will become a huge file. So my question is do I have to show those bills for every month or should I just show them bills every quarter with my and my wife's name on them from different sources ?

Thanks

WR1

Re: Set (M) Cohabitation Documents ??

Post by WR1 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:01 pm

The requirement is to show a minimum of 6 documents from at least 3 sources spread over 2 years. So one document in joint names (or one document in each name) for every 4 months from 3 sources.

You do not need to submit documents for every month. Every quarterly will do fine from at least 3 different sources.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:17 pm

Thanks WR1

ms_singh

Post by ms_singh » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:52 pm

Is it 6 documents for each source spread over 2 years which will be 18 documents in total or is it 6 documents with a mix of 3 different sources for the 2 years ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:57 pm

6 documents from 3 different sources if in joint names. Double that if in single names.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.