ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long residence Help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AMirAbbasi
Mood:
Palestine

Long residence Help

Post by AMirAbbasi » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:42 pm

Hi everyone
i applied as tier 4 and after 2 months my 10yr long residence is due.
im planning to submit my LR application 28 days before my 10yrs due as i dont want to risk the decision on my tier 4 application
so before it gets decided ill put my indeffinate application. will i be ok and how would i withdraw my tier 4 application and what should i do to be on safe side.
thanks for reading.
Amir Abbasi

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Long residence Help

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:54 pm

You need to vary the application. Read page 35-37
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _0_EXT.pdf
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

AMirAbbasi
Mood:
Palestine

Post by AMirAbbasi » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:04 am

i dont understand the link. and information there
kindly if you can explain when ever u can thanks.

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Post by prem_singh123 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:17 am

Hi
Before HO takes decision on your case you can certainly vary your application. All you need to do once u qualify for ILR you need to submit Set (LR) for 10 years long residence alongwith the covering letter that you are varying your original application to Set (LR) application, in the covering letter you need to explain about your initial application n that all passports n degrees are with HO, you need to submit also your life in the uk certificate.
I will advice you to if u have copies of your passport and visa and other documents which are with HO at the time if initial application.
You don't need to withdraw your initial application, once HO receive it they will write to you which application would you like to deal with.
Also you have to pay the fees of ILR and after a months or so u will get the refund for your original application .

I hope this helps u
Any question please ask me

AMirAbbasi
Mood:
Palestine

Post by AMirAbbasi » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:43 am

thank you for ur Reply.
i was filling the form Set LR. and in there when they ask are you including ur passports. if No then they giving only options like
1. lost. 2.stolen. 3 expired. thats it they don't give any other option.
two of the lawyers of a friend told me that i cannot apply for Set LR until the decision made by HO on my student applitcation.
i sent my Tier 4 application on 6th june and my exact 10 yrs is on 8th aug. which is about 2 month gap.
if i apply 28 days before it will be 11th july i can stretch that by giving my bio matric late.
but in my situation can i apply 28 days before exact 10yrs while my application is still with HO. some people say i cant.
im so confused.

c4551m
Pakistan

Post by c4551m » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:59 pm

HI i am in the same situation, i was shirt of few days so applied FLRO and varied the application to set LR, i gave biometrics initially and received letter that your set LR application is in consideration. its been 2 months now I havent heard any thing yet, do I need to give biometrics again or will they consider my first biometrics ?
Flro applied 23.02.14
Varied application to SET LR 3.3.14
Biometrics done 24.3.14
Approval 24.7.14
Docs received 28.7,14

khan_81
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by khan_81 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:38 am

Hi when did you submit your ILR application and when was the payment taken from your account?

c4551m wrote:HI i am in the same situation, i was shirt of few days so applied FLRO and varied the application to set LR, i gave biometrics initially and received letter that your set LR application is in consideration. its been 2 months now I havent heard any thing yet, do I need to give biometrics again or will they consider my first biometrics ?