ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Your visa application @ Abu Dhabi (Ref:1234567)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

atharabbas11
Newly Registered

Re: Your visa application @ Abu Dhabi (Ref:1234567)

Post by atharabbas11 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:01 am

Hi,

I am a Pakistani national, working in Dubai as Software Engineer in UK based company. I have to attend a training in our head office in London by mid of July.The company has provided me invitation letter which states that they will bear the cost of my whole trip. It's straight forward that I should apply Business Visa.

However, I want to take my family (wife and 9 months son) with me. Please guide how should I proceed for this? Should I separately apply their tourist visa? or when I am filling the online application for my business visa, I select YES for questions "Will your spouse/partner be travelling with you?" and "Is this child travelling with you?" - means no need for separate visa?

Also, will it make any issue that company issued invitation letter for me while I am taking family with me (off course I will bear their travelling cost)? Will it confuse Visa Officer when reviewing my application? What sort of documents should I provide to make the case stronger?

Please help me.

TangoMike
United Kingdom

Post by TangoMike » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:25 am

The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWF03156your3752  was  received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 6/2/2014 9:51 AM .   The documents should be collected as soon as possible during the designated passport collection times.

My czn only got this email from vfs... Didn't receive from ukvi

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:58 am

@emranmalick you should receive call to collect passport within week of that email and most likely chances are that it will be visa grated successfully, please do post outcome when you get it

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:01 pm

Hi Guys & @uk7862014

second application of three (third among them) has been successful for which email came on 28th and call was received on 30th to come and collect passport and today it was collected and visa was stamped

I was thinking that because it is so close i.e. email on 28 and call on 30 so may be it is not granted visa because previous one was email on 21 and call on 28 but to my surprise it is granted

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:05 pm

@TangoMike can you please tell which is your visa application centre? I mean which city/country?

generally (in this thread/topic) email saying something along the lines 'your application has been resolved' for applications in pakistan's VAC means visa has been granted

But it look like that if you have applied in Pakistan then according to my guess it may have been refused

Anyway, good luck and best wishes, please do post an update when you get it as we are trying to get update style for refused visa (grated visa is getting application has been resolved)

TangoMike
United Kingdom

Post by TangoMike » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:23 pm

He applied from lahore for uk family visit visa. He did not receive any emails until today to say that his passport is ready for collection...
are you certain that an email saying your application has been resolved means that it is granted?

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:55 pm

So far, my personal experience (experience of my two close friends whom I am treating just like me) of two applications and experience of some other members who posted in same topic, after all these combined, I can conclude that application resolved means visa granted (so far) as we have yet to come across anyone who reports if such email results in refusal or there is any other indication of refusal as you have come forward so we can only learn from it

aqsa.mansoor
Newly Registered

Post by aqsa.mansoor » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:18 pm

got the visaaa :DDD

emranmalick
Newly Registered

Post by emranmalick » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:17 pm

Still waiting for Passport call.... it has been 4 days already since I rcvd email from Abudhabi...any idea how long it takes..thanks

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:50 am

Good to see the thread is having a lot more informations now.
I just read all the unread posts since last visit and want to share few other things which are still under discussion.
There is still one question that what is the email if refused. From my experience:
You will not get any email at all, as this happened to my relative when she was refused first time few months before.
Also just processed application might also mean that it might not be granted. Please share if anyone received processed and been granted, but we have pretty much concluded that resolved mean is granted, please share if anybody refused after getting resolved email.
Also congratulations to the members who are successfully getting visas and best of luck for those who r still struggling.

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:08 am

TangoMike wrote:He applied from lahore for uk family visit visa. He did not receive any emails until today to say that his passport is ready for collection...
are you certain that an email saying your application has been resolved means that it is granted?
Hi TangoMike

Can you please tell what was the outcome?

Regards

sakib123
Newly Registered

Post by sakib123 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:08 am

saeedusman wrote:Good to see the thread is having a lot more informations now.
I just read all the unread posts since last visit and want to share few other things which are still under discussion.
There is still one question that what is the email if refused. From my experience:
You will not get any email at all, as this happened to my relative when she was refused first time few months before.
Also just processed application might also mean that it might not be granted. Please share if anyone received processed and been granted, but we have pretty much concluded that resolved mean is granted, please share if anybody refused after getting resolved email.
Also congratulations to the members who are successfully getting visas and best of luck for those who r still struggling.
When my aunts Visa was refused back in April this year they did not receive an email instead they got a text message stating that their passport is ready for collection.

emranmalick
Newly Registered

Post by emranmalick » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:10 am

My parents got 5 yrs family visa. It is nearly confirmed that if you get email " resolved" it means Visa granted in most of the cases. As the visa is stamped from the same date as email..thanks for all your help.

TangoMike
United Kingdom

Post by TangoMike » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:35 am

Unfortunately his application was refused.

TangoMike
United Kingdom

Post by TangoMike » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:01 pm

ali_asad_pk wrote:
TangoMike wrote:He applied from lahore for uk family visit visa. He did not receive any emails until today to say that his passport is ready for collection...
Hi TangoMike

Can you please tell what was the outcome?

Regards
Unfortunately it was refused. He had applied for 5 yrs family visit but they refused it on a couple of grounds such as not providing education course details and his fathers pension etc. He has been granted visa in the past 3 times with the last application being 2yrs. is it worth applying again for 2yrs and providing the documents that the eco based his decision on? Or should he wait a while?

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:26 pm

TangoMike wrote: Unfortunately it was refused. He had applied for 5 yrs family visit but they refused it on a couple of grounds such as not providing education course details and his fathers pension etc. He has been granted visa in the past 3 times with the last application being 2yrs. is it worth applying again for 2yrs and providing the documents that the eco based his decision on? Or should he wait a while?
Sorry to hear about this, there is no restriction about applying or waiting so if they like, they can re-apply straight forward, main thing is that they should be able to address the concerns of ECO, if they address them and provide enough satisfactory evidence then they will get through

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:29 pm

Hi Guys

Trend seems to be resolved email from 3g unclear if visa is successful and an email from vfs otherwise

Thread has got quite healthier, thank you for all those who have reported and shared their experience

Regards

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:05 am

Need some kind information please.
My parents will be applying for visit later this month, and I have collected all the required documents from here need to sent them for sponsorship which include business and personal bank statements along with Tax documentation, housing letter, passport copies, utility bills, land registry and sponsorship affidavit.
I'm confused how one set of these documents will be used by two applicants, I mean my mother and father both?
I am assuming, although they will be applying same time, they need to have two different forms hence need two different FULL set of documents from Pak and here?
But I have been told by someone also that they need only one set of sponsorship documents which will be used for both, as my father is main applicant from there and will be bearing all cost and mother will be his dependant as only father has all the documentation on his name, mean bank account, land and properties income.
And from here I will be fully sponsoring them as mentioned in my letter.
Please clarify how the things will work? I have seen few members who have sponsored few family members same time, kindly update what documentation you used and how?

Also is it must to have return confirm ticket attached with the application?

Regards,
Saeed

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:25 am

There will be separate set of documents for your dad's application and separate one for your mother (set of documents = supporting documents)

The one which you will send from UK, your parents will make one copy set each for their application, on the day, they will check original and return back and submit photocopy, so both can use same originals which you will send

the one which they will have with their application, they will also take copy and return original, please make sure that you take photo copy of each original supporting document, if you will not take photocopy, they will submit original and it will not be returned

all the documents which will be attached with your father's application, will be used for your mother and in addition a letter or affidavit from your father that your mother is his dependent and he will bear expenses etc

If you need any more further details then you can PM me as I have experience of sponsoring multiple people in past on general and family visitor visa

It was better if you had open new thread for this information and would have left this thread informative about just application status email discussion

Good Luck

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:03 pm

Thanks

Making new thread for supporting documents and procedures for sponsoring visitor visa so that we can stay focused on the original topic on this thread and share the experiences of outcomes of applications, also how they get back with granted and refused visas, meaning the emails and he text in the email.
Contribution of all members is appreciated.

Regards,
Saeed

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:22 pm

New thread generated for documents and procedures discussion for visit visa.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 66199.html

Please contribute to both threads so that maximum members can benefit from experiences.

Regards,
Saeed

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:50 am

Hi Guys

as I mentioned earlier in this thread that there were three visit visa application on which response was expected second's response was received first of all then third's and now first's repose has come, it has taken 6 weeks for processing probably because visitor was returned in october last year and has applied again after 7 months but today got 'resolved' email, waiting for outcome and will update all of you

Regards

ramis_ali85
Newly Registered

Post by ramis_ali85 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:22 am

Hey guys,

Applied for family visitor on 16th May 2014 and received 'resolve' email on 10th June 2014 and still waiting for the call from visa center. will update you guys as soon I get the response.

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:04 pm

collected passport today and it got visa so after these 3 cases which i knew, i can now very sure that 'resolved' means visa is granted

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:05 pm

ali_asad_pk wrote:collected passport today and it got visa so after these 3 cases which i knew, i can now very sure that 'resolved' means visa is granted
Congratulations

What is the average time for decision on normal visit application and what's on priority based applications?

Regards,
Saeed