ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Second Businesses!!!

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahvirgo
Newly Registered

Second Businesses!!!

Post by shahvirgo » Tue May 27, 2014 3:46 pm

Hope you all doing well, My question to respectable gurus is can i start 2nd Businesses along with my original businesses, if its not NVQ Level 4, but my designation will be on Operational Level.

I appreciate your replies and thanks very much in advance.

Best

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Re: Second Businesses!!!

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Tue May 27, 2014 3:55 pm

Yes. You can open as many businesses as you may wish to.

however, you must do everything which is required for the company on which you got your visa ... by the book. HO will only be concerned about that business.

shahvirgo
Newly Registered

Post by shahvirgo » Tue May 27, 2014 4:08 pm

@ BlackBirdSSG, Thank you very much for your prompt relply,my second part of the question is : CAN YOU TAKE WAGES VIA SELF EMPLOYED OR LTD COMPANY.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

alpharomeo
Mood:
Iran

Post by alpharomeo » Tue May 27, 2014 6:44 pm

@BlackBirdSSG Thank you for letting us about this information, but can you please elaborate on what you said "you must do everything which is required for the company on which you got your visa ... by the book"

Can you please shed some light on this if somebody has other business or limited company and providing the same services then??

BlackBirdSSG wrote:Yes. You can open as many businesses as you may wish to.

however, you must do everything which is required for the company on which you got your visa ... by the book. HO will only be concerned about that business.

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Wed May 28, 2014 9:41 am

yes its fine in both cases. You can take wages as self employed or as director in case of ltd company.

shahvirgo wrote:@ BlackBirdSSG, Thank you very much for your prompt relply,my second part of the question is : CAN YOU TAKE WAGES VIA SELF EMPLOYED OR LTD COMPANY.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Wed May 28, 2014 4:00 pm

Yes, you can open, however, you shouldn't be working for that company if its NVQ level is lower than 4. As it will be taken completely a separate entity and T1 visa restricts T1 entrepreneurs to work in any other organizations other than his own company (that HO has approved for).

alpharomeo
Mood:
Iran

Post by alpharomeo » Thu May 29, 2014 7:23 pm

Hi everyone,

What if some entrepreneurs have two or more businesses and all are working over NVQ level 4.

Regards
samaygrg wrote:Yes, you can open, however, you shouldn't be working for that company if its NVQ level is lower than 4. As it will be taken completely a separate entity and T1 visa restricts T1 entrepreneurs to work in any other organizations other than his own company (that HO has approved for).

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Fri May 30, 2014 2:55 pm

I reckon you can bring all of them under one parent company and rest of the businesses can come as its subsidiaries or as diversified diff departments (revenue streams).

However, its always good to verify with some good immi solicitor if ur case looks complicated. I have done mine 2 businesses both are of NQF levl 6 and they come inside 1 company but as 2 departments.

Hope it rings any bell.

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Fri May 30, 2014 3:04 pm

yes you can.

alpharomeo wrote:Hi everyone,

What if some entrepreneurs have two or more businesses and all are working over NVQ level 4.

Regards
samaygrg wrote:Yes, you can open, however, you shouldn't be working for that company if its NVQ level is lower than 4. As it will be taken completely a separate entity and T1 visa restricts T1 entrepreneurs to work in any other organizations other than his own company (that HO has approved for).

shahvirgo
Newly Registered

Post by shahvirgo » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:39 pm

Hello,

It might be stupid of me asking this, because its been discussed so many times, but can i work on self employed basis for another company. The job is below NVQ level 4.

If employer asked to HO about work, what would they come up with.

Please share your experiences.

Thanks in advance and a apologise for my ignorance.