ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for British Citizenship | Masters Degree Laminated

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

orange01

Applying for British Citizenship | Masters Degree Laminated

Post by orange01 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:47 am

Hello Guys,

I am applying for citzenship by sending my original documents thought post. I am not using NCS.

I have a UK masters degree, which is laminated, that I am going to send to cover English requirement with LIUK.

Is laminated degree acceptable by UKBA?
Has anyone on the forum recently got their approval by sending laminated document..please advice.

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for British Citizenship | Masters Degree Lamina

Post by Amber » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:45 pm

I would also include an official letter from the University stating that your did your degree there and passed. Most Universities will give such a letter for free and promptly.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

akash08

Post by akash08 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:17 pm

I have used my laminated degree 4 times, 2 times tier 1, ILR and then citizenship. Why you having this doubt?

orange01

Post by orange01 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:15 pm

akash08 wrote:Why you having this doubt?
Thanks for confirming that you have sent laminated degree for your citizenship.
I have read on this forum that laminated documents are not acceptable by UKBA, so I posted my query.

See this link below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 66-20.html

akash08

Post by akash08 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:15 am

orange01 wrote:
akash08 wrote:Why you having this doubt?
Thanks for confirming that you have sent laminated degree for your citizenship.
I have read on this forum that laminated documents are not acceptable by UKBA, so I posted my query.

See this link below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 66-20.html

I do not understand what you are referring to. There are posts where people have said their laminated documents were accepted, i am saying mine was expected, my NCS asked me to specifically laminate citizenship certificate so that they are not damaged.

Yes there are 2 guys in this thread who are day dreaming that lamination would invalidate the document but they have no reference, no facts to substantiate their claim, i call that a noise. Do not destroy your peace of mind by listening to these.

Over 6 years of my immigration journey i have been similarly tensed over trivial things by reading imaginary rules here and so thought i will try to assure you. Note this is not to undermine this forum, this forum has saved thousands of pounds of solicitor fee for me, without this i could not have handled all my immigration application alone but sometimes people make irresponsible statements without facts and that creates unnecessary confusion.

My university gave the degree in laminated form, i had no other option, my marriage certificate is also laminated, just trust me and forget this lamination theory.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:59 am

Home office accept laminated documents it's confirm but passport department never accept it .i read this while applying for my kids British passport you can read in guidance book .also suggest don't laminated your certificate till you get passport .hope this helps
ss