ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Driving Offence Naturalisation Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shafikhan
Newly Registered

Driving Offence Naturalisation Application

Post by shafikhan » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:39 pm

Hi,

My cousin was charged for drving without insurance and fine £200 at magistrate court about a year ago. we were worried that this will affect his ILR application (spouse to ILR) but all went fine and he got his ILR without further questions from home office.

He drove a VAN for business purposes which ony had personal insurance so the court charged him as having no insurance!..

i wanted to know if naturalisation team can refuse him becuae the conviction is unspent? will they know that his ILR was approved by home office even conviction was not spent! won't risk the money if chance are low.

thanks

SouthWest1

Re: Driving Offence Naturalisation Application

Post by SouthWest1 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:31 pm

I came across few examples where applicants were granted ILR although they have unconditional conviction. may be the criteria are more relaxed , not sure !

As far i am aware, his chances for BC are remote as the conviction is unconditional and he needs to wait for 3 years from the court date to apply.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Driving Offence Naturalisation Application

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:07 pm

ILR and citizenship are different when considering criminality. He should wait until 3 years has lapsed since he was convicted. Otherwise, he'll be refused.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.