ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

KOLL - English Language Requirement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aashan
Newly Registered

KOLL - English Language Requirement

Post by aashan » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:22 pm

Hello,

My wife and I (along with our two kids) will be applying for ILR by the end of June having spent more than 5 years in the UK under the Tier 1 (General) category. I have a master's degree from a university in the UK and both of us have passed the LIUK test.

My question is regarding the English Language Requirement for my wife. She is a qualified doctor and is practicing in the UK. She has a letter from her university in Pakistan that the degree was taught in English but as she is applying as my dependent her education qualifications have not been submitted to the Home Office before. She sat her IELTS test back in 2009 in the UK with a minimum score of 7. The following document on the GOV site says that it is only valid for 2 years

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _tests.pdf

My question is would the old IELTS certificate suffice to fulfill the english language requirements. Has anybody used an old/expired certificate and had their case approved recently?

The second question is regarding maintenance funds. My understanding was that for ILR there is no need for maintenance funds but the latest Set (0) version 06/14 form page 62 asks to provide bank statements for 3 months. Is this a new requirement or am I confusing it with something else??

Thanks

Aashan

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Re: KOLL - English Language Requirement

Post by go2khurram » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:03 pm

For Settlement applications, Home office accept the expired qualifications if:

 The qualification has previously been accepted by HO in connection with another immigration application, e.g. for entry clearance, or
 (if it is being presented for the first time) it was taken in the UK, and is on the OFQUAL register.

The expiry dates do not apply to citizenship applications.
*please do not take this as professional advice**