ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Problems with LTD company and payslips for a Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abdulraheem123

Problems with LTD company and payslips for a Spouse visa

Post by abdulraheem123 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:03 pm

Hi all
i have a quick question with regards to a LTD company and payslips

If i only withdraw my salary from my LTD company once every 4 months,
would i have to show a payslip for just when i withdrew the money out of the company?
or should i issue myself with monthly payslips which show some months as no salary paid and some months a salary paid?

(i withdrew over £20k from the company bank account over the last year but i did it as large withdrawals as and when i needed to)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Problems with LTD company and payslips for a Spouse visa

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:38 pm

Are you registered with HMRC RTI for PAYE?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:29 pm

i dont know, i will ask accountant,

i dont give myself payslips as i am the only employee in my company, should i still be doing RTI for PAYE still?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:05 pm

I think you need to be clear here. If you are paying yourself a salary - you need payslips. If you are withdrawing money as dividends - you should have the slips for that.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:18 pm

abdulraheem123 wrote:i dont know, i will ask accountant,

i dont give myself payslips as i am the only employee in my company, should i still be doing RTI for PAYE still?
Of course! Register immediately, think u had to by April 2013 - also you have a legal obligation to issue payslips, even though you are only issuing them to yourself, and don't forget dividends too, they need to be formally declared and minutes taken.

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:55 pm

MPH80 wrote:I think you need to be clear here. If you are paying yourself a salary - you need payslips. If you are withdrawing money as dividends - you should have the slips for that.
yes i am withdrawing salary of minimum wage and the rest as dividends, but the accountant doesn't issue any payslips and dividends vouchers.

i will ask him to issue me payslips and dividend vouchers. but do you think it will matter to the ECO if it doesnt match up with the bank statements i will be providing?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:16 pm

abdulraheem123 wrote:
MPH80 wrote:I think you need to be clear here. If you are paying yourself a salary - you need payslips. If you are withdrawing money as dividends - you should have the slips for that.
yes i am withdrawing salary of minimum wage and the rest as dividends, but the accountant doesn't issue any payslips and dividends vouchers.

i will ask him to issue me payslips and dividend vouchers. but do you think it will matter to the ECO if it doesnt match up with the bank statements i will be providing?
Time to sack your accountant, he sounds useless, I'm certain these things can't be issued retrospectively into a previous tax year, you need to sort that with your new accountant.

Like I said, if it's too late to do that, all payments will be treated as a Directors Loan, with BIK/Interest due. Sounds like a right mess, have you paid any PAYE/CT/VAT at all?

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:24 pm

Wanderer wrote:
abdulraheem123 wrote:

Time to sack your accountant, he sounds useless, I'm certain these things can't be issued retrospectively into a previous tax year, you need to sort that with your new accountant.

Like I said, if it's too late to do that, all payments will be treated as a Directors Loan, with BIK/Interest due. Sounds like a right mess, have you paid any PAYE/CT/VAT at all?
yes i have just paid my CT now, no vat to pay as i dont earn that much to register for vat, i have done my 2014 self-assessment early also

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:25 pm

can i now just write a dividend voucher for my previous tax year for what was already declared in the CT and just submit that?

rizmir

Post by rizmir » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:13 pm

Hi wanderer
could u pls highlight some of the issues about company income. Guidence in company direcor or section F shows:

''A limited company is owned by its shareholders. Where such a shareholder is also a director employed by the company, they may be paid a salary and receive dividends, which can generally be counted, as appropriate, as employment or non-employment income under Category A, Category B or Category C.
However, if the company is of the type specified in paragraph 9(a) of Appendix FM-SE, the person’s income will be considered under Category F or Category G. This is because in a company in sole or limited family ownership there is scope for doubt as to the effective control of the company, as the person is a director and shareholder or the other shareholders are family members of that person. In that case, instead of the employment evidence in Category A or Category B or the dividend evidence in Category C, we need evidence about the operation of the company''.

paragraph 9(a) shows:

(a) The specified type of limited company is one in which:
(i) the person is a director of the company (or another company within the same
group); and
(ii) shares are held (directly or indirectly) by the person, their partner or the
following family members of the person or their partner: parent, grandparent, child,
stepchild, grandchild, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece or first cousin;
and
(iii) any remaining shares are held (directly or indirectly) by fewer than five other
persons.

what u think if a person is only director and receives salary and divedend then by considering above guidance his income could be counted as under employment category A , B or C or under category F.

highly appreciated
Rizmir