ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

APPLYING FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

OLUMUYIWA
- thin ice -

APPLYING FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE

Post by OLUMUYIWA » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:30 pm

I was looking at the EE4 form, and i noticed that in section 6 -( where you are required to provide documents showing your British spouse exercised treaty rights in another EU country, under Surinder-Singh) it says if you have been previously issued a residence card, go straight to section 8. And from section 8 downwards, I couldn't see any requirement to provide any documents to prove Surinder-singh in an EU state, 5 yrs back.

My question is - As a UK Residence card holder under Surinder-Singh, will i need to provide my wife's Treaty rights documents in another EU member state again when i apply for Permanent residence, or will i just need to provide evidence that i have continously resided in UK for 5 yrs since the date i was issued with RC ???

Thanks for your responses.

Imshzd

Re: APPLYING FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE

Post by Imshzd » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:22 am

You have to show your EEA nationals treaty rights for up to five years if you are applying PR in all cases except where EEA national already acquire the PR or BC or death,or termination of relationship.

OLUMUYIWA
- thin ice -

Post by OLUMUYIWA » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:08 am

I was looking at the new PR form, and i noticed that surinder singh applicants are required again to provide documents showing that their British spouse exercised treaty rights in another EU country.

Has anysurinder singher applied for PR recently? Did you have to resubmit all documents again, just as you did when you applied for RC?

OLUMUYIWA
- thin ice -

Post by OLUMUYIWA » Sun May 01, 2016 9:07 pm

cAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun May 01, 2016 9:30 pm

OLUMUYIWA wrote:cAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE?
No need to SHOUT.

:idea: Pro tip: it is not necessary to use the latest 'monster' PR form.
An earlier (simpler) version can be used.

Of, if you wish to go commando, you may apply by letter.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.