ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I HAVE to include my dependents on my EC application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

keviv
Newly Registered

Do I HAVE to include my dependents on my EC application

Post by keviv » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:36 pm

Hi,

I got my HSMP approval 2 months ago and I am getting ready to apply for EC.
I am married with a 4 year old son. My son is going to to preschool and I want my wife and child to remain here until I get fully settled (with a job and apartment) in the UK. I realize this may take some time , maybe 6 months or more.

What I want to know is the following:
Do I have to apply for EC for my wife and son right away (along with my application) , or can I do this after 6-8 months ?

The reason is: After they get their EC they will have to be in UK within the next 3 months (or atleast the ILR clock will start ticking) , so it is desirable to delay this until they are ready to come to the UK.

Does anybody here have any experience of the latter ? [i.e. Dependents appied separately for EC several months after the primary applicant got his EC]

Your responses are highly appreciated.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:52 pm

You can wait to apply, that is not a problem..

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:46 pm

I know that some applications were rejected on the ground that the dependent's EC was not applied for, along with the main application.

ECO rejected the application saying that the fact that the application for the dependents was not submitted, indicated that the applicant does not want to make UK as his main home, as required under the HSMP.

You need to draft the cover letter very carefully, therefore.

regards,

push_hsmp

umanghere

Post by umanghere » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:11 am

may be in the cover letter specify that I can confirm that I intend to make UK as my main home with my family;however initially I have decided to go myself first, find a job , acco and will then apply for family.

I also intend to do the same for my EC application.

Members if there is anything more we shd add , do share.

umanghere