ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set(M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krssubbu

Set(M)

Post by krssubbu » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:23 am

Hi,

My wife got her spouse visa in April 2012 (old rules). she got for 27 months - just have a few queries

1. do I need to take photocopies of all my documents ?
2. She has done her degree in English and has got a letter from university and this is what we produced for her initial spouse visa also which got approved. Is this enough or do I need a UK naric or B1 also ?
3. out of the 2 years, the first 3 months we stayed in studio apartment where all bills was paid by landlord. Then we moved to a apartment where I pay all bills is it enough if I show from the time I moved to the new apartment as bills are in my name or do I need to show the first 3 months ? if ths is the case can I just get a letter from my friend as he is the landlord of the place
4.the form is SET(M) isn't it ?

Thanks

krssubbu

Re: Set(M)

Post by krssubbu » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:44 pm

any thoughts on this please ?

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:00 pm

moderators any thoughts please ?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:29 pm

Yes it's SET(M). She should supply a print out from the PBS calculator to show the degree is awarded at least 20 points for qualification and 10 points for English Skills. If not, a NARIC SoC in addition to the letter from the institution should suffice B1. The first 3 months should be ok.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:30 am

Thanks Amber,

1. Do I need to take printouts of all documents ?

2. I don't think I have enough time of UK NAric ? I will check points calculator. do I just put it as Tier 1 and give some dummy values and goto the Qualification section ? Just a letter from university wont alone suffice, is it or I have shown the same thing for spouse ILR - so do I need to show again ?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:00 am

Yes 'dummy values'. Yes, photocopy all documents if you can.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:59 pm

Thanks Amber.

I have had a look at the pbs. my wife has done bsc in Hotel Management - but the closest option is Accountancty/ management / etc...

do I just choose this one ?

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:33 am

Hi Amber,

any thoughts on this. I had a look again and the closet is Accountancy / Bussiness / Management / Commerce (I don't think this would suit but she has done hotel management...so is this the one) There is something "Other" - can I choose this ?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:43 am

If you can't confirm the degree, perhaps a NARIC SoC with a letter from the institution?

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:55 am

But I used this for spouse visa, do I still need to prove this again ?

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:02 pm

Amber so do you think if use "other" it wont be valid - the reason I ask I am short of time of apply of UK NARIC as I takes 15 working days...

Also I used this for spouse visa, do I still need to prove this again ?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:39 pm

Yes as it's a B1 requirement now.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:16 am

Amber could you please tell me if I need the NARIC language or NARIC SoC please?

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:36 pm

Amber, I am trying to chose the closet match for Hotel Management on PBS calculator (since I cant find this degree). Can anyone who has extended their visa please let me know what will be the closed match ? (Can I chose "administration/ Securatairal Studies / Public Administration" or as "other") ? - I am still awarded the points whatever is the case

and if I have to take NARIC could you please tell me if I need the NARIC language or NARIC SoC please

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:16 pm

Amber_ wrote:If you can't confirm the degree, perhaps a NARIC SoC with a letter from the institution?

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:26 am

finally Amber, can I show letter from uni that I used for spouse visa (dated 2012) is that ok ?

I have also most recent one (2014) but student number is not mentioned on it whereas the old one has the student number

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:32 am

Yes the older one should be fine.