ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier2 General - Question about 28 days grace period

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shoonism
Newly Registered

UK Tier2 General - Question about 28 days grace period

Post by shoonism » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:29 pm

Hi, there.

I have some questions about my extension application.

My current Tier2 visa will be expired 28th June. Now I am applying a new position from a different company but probably the decision for the application will be made beyond of my visa expiry date. I guess it would be around middle of July. I think I should stay here to have an interview and get the final decision by middle of July.

Here around I have found there would be 28 days grace period for Tier2 visa. If I apply my extension beyond of my visa expiry date but prior to 28 days after the day, is it OK to me? I would like to confirm this is true.

I have two question about this issue.

1. Can I apply Tier2 extension application if I get a new offer and my prospective company assign a uCoS to me? And would it be considered a 'normal application'?

2. If I fail in getting a new offer and come back to my country in the middle of July, I would have a change to get a stamp of 'overstaying' at the airport? If so, it would affect my future application to any category of UK visa or entry clearance to UK?

I contacted international office of my previous company about this. But he said they recommend me to apply application before expiry of my visa. This is different from what I got to know from this forum.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: UK Tier2 General - Question about 28 days grace period

Post by FaeLLe » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:17 pm

If your application is made before 28 days grace period and it succeeds you will not have any issue.

Otherwise you will break your residency period for ILR and be treated as having a gap in your immigration record.

shoonism
Newly Registered

Post by shoonism » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:30 am

Many thanks FaeLLe for kind reply.

Then, if I fail in getting new offer and leave UK within 28 days after expiry of my visa, it will not affect any harm to my future visa application to UK or entry clearance?
This is just repetition of my second question.

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:04 am

shoonism wrote: Then, if I fail in getting new offer and leave UK within 28 days after expiry of my visa, it will not affect any harm to my future visa application to UK or entry clearance?
This is just repetition of my second question.
You need to leave before the validity of your leave to remain expires, after cancellation of your visa UKBA will notify you what that period is. If you do not receive any communication from them make sure you leave before the last valid day of visa then leave UK immediately (to prevent issues with Border Patrol).

The worker can choose to include any wrap up period originally included in the leave to remain - this is what is usually referred to as the 28 days grace period.