ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter from Employer with new SOC code

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DeeDos

Letter from Employer with new SOC code

Post by DeeDos » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:47 pm

Hello All,

I will be applying for ILR soon and am in the process of getting the documentation in place.
I plan to use the following format for the letter from the employer. My SOC code in 2012 was different from the one in the new Codes of Practice document.

Please have a look below and let me know if the letter format looks okay. Should there be anything else included in it? Many thanks for taking the time to read through and answering my queries.

Thanks
Doshi

-----------------------------

Date:

To Whom It May Concern

This is to state that [NAME] is presently employed with [XXXXX] as a [XXXX]. He commenced his employment on [00-00-0000].

His current salary is GBP [00000.00] which is above the appropriate rate of GBP [00000.00] for the SOC 2010 - 2136 for the job title Programmers and Software Development Professionals as stated in the current Codes of Practice for Tier 2 sponsors. The above mentioned SOC code and job title have been chosen to reflect the closest match to [NAME]’s current designation and associated job responsibilities.

• CoS Number: [XXXXXXXXXX]
• SOC code : 2136 (As per latest Codes of Practice)
2132 (Old SOC code)
• Current rate of Pay (Per annum) : GBP [00000.00]
• Number of weekly hours : 37 hours

[XXXX]’s services as an employee are still required by [XXXXX] and he will continue to remain employed with us in the foreseeable future.

Should you have a need for any additional information or further clarification in the matter, please feel free to get in touch with the undersigned.

Yours faithfully,

[Name of signatory]
[Designation]
[Phone: ]
[Email: ]

DeeDos

Re: Letter from Employer with new SOC code

Post by DeeDos » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:18 pm

Hello Forum Gurus,

If you could quickly have a look at the letter format and suggest any additions/deletions then it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for taking the time to look at our messages and responding.

Regards
Doshi

DeeDos

Post by DeeDos » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:43 am

Good Morning Everyone,

If anyone who has successfully got ILR while holding Tier2 could kindly look at the format of the Employer letter I am planning to use and let me know if it looks in order, I would be very grateful.

Many thanks and have a great day.

Regards
Doshi

vishpb35

Post by vishpb35 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:14 pm

You are fine with this letter. Just keep a copy of previous 2012 Cos with you when you apply.

2136 is new Soc Code and thats fine.