ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) In Person Application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Arjun_123

Tier 2 (General) In Person Application

Post by Arjun_123 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:20 am

Hi All,

i am planing to apply in person for my tier 2 (general) visa. can anybody tell me if i will have to go through any interview with visa officers in that case. and is it true that i can get my visa stamped the same day of my application?

if anybody in this forum has done this before, please share your experience & process and also please let me know if thr is any thing that i need to be careful if i am applying in person.....any advice is appericiated. cheers..

KCC
Newly Registered

Post by KCC » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:22 pm

Arjun_123,

Yes, if u phone up and able to make an appointment u will be able to get ur visa stamped on the same day.

I'm applying for Tier 2 as well, was told by my solicitor that appointments are so full that u have to wait at least until Mid of March.

I would be interested to find that out from u though, if u manage to make an early appointment. Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks! :)

Arjun_123

Post by Arjun_123 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:28 pm

actually i am planning to go in mid of march..so i am not in rush coz i am waiting on my company to get sponsorship and give me a COS with minimum pay as specified in code of practice...as soon as they give me a COS i want to go n apply in peson and get my visa in one day..i cant go through the pain of waiting for 6-8 weeks..

any ways do u know if we have to attend any interview if we are applying in person?

Talha40
Newly Registered

Post by Talha40 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:00 am

I got my appointment on 1st Feb so will let you guys know how it went , did you guys get your COS, I am still waiting for mine its been more then 2 weeks

KCC
Newly Registered

Post by KCC » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:31 am

Talha,

when did u call and make the appointment that u said in Feb? and which office in UK?

Talha40
Newly Registered

Post by Talha40 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:06 pm

KCC wrote:Talha,

when did u call and make the appointment that u said in Feb? and which office in UK?
I booked mine online on 27/12/2009 and is for Croydon office

Talha40
Newly Registered

Post by Talha40 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:07 pm

Arjun_123 wrote:actually i am planning to go in mid of march..so i am not in rush coz i am waiting on my company to get sponsorship and give me a COS with minimum pay as specified in code of practice...as soon as they give me a COS i want to go n apply in peson and get my visa in one day..i cant go through the pain of waiting for 6-8 weeks..

any ways do u know if we have to attend any interview if we are applying in person?
Yes you have to attend an interview, plus it is easier as they will take your biomatric information on the day otherwise if you send by post you have to book an appointment to give your biomatric information

Arjun_123

Post by Arjun_123 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:40 pm

Talla40,

OK.......and thank you for the reply..

I havent got my COS yet,But my HR Manager told me tat it is just an online form and you will get a reference number once you finish filling that form and it should not take more than a day to get your COS....

so i dont understan why do you have to wait for 2 weeks to get your COS!!!??

@All - please correct me if i am wrong...Cheers

Talha40
Newly Registered

Post by Talha40 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:55 pm

Arjun_123 wrote:Talla40,

OK.......and thank you for the reply..

I havent got my COS yet,But my HR Manager told me tat it is just an online form and you will get a reference number once you finish filling that form and it should not take more than a day to get your COS....

so i dont understan why do you have to wait for 2 weeks to get your COS!!!??

@All - please correct me if i am wrong...Cheers

I did get mine today so all is well I did ask my employer they sent payment by cheque so that was the delay

Has anybody else manage to get an appointment or already been to one?

Arjun_123

Post by Arjun_123 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:06 pm

ohk tat cool...All is well..... :)

keep us updated on this.....I will let u know once I book an appointment..have a nice weekend....

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:09 pm

Arjun_123 wrote:ohk tat cool...All is well..... :)

keep us updated on this.....I will let u know once I book an appointment..have a nice weekend....
lol Aal is well.. Aal is well/
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

tier210

Post by tier210 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:23 pm

hey guys
i got mine sorted from sheffield PEO few months back
the visa and stamp were sorted same day and I had no trouble at all
if there are any specific queries i guess i will b able to assist so plz dont hesistate to ask
i noticed complains abt booking visa appointment
best way to do that is through the UKBA website and no phone cuz over the phone they dont help you at all, atleast I had a very bad experience in those terms. better book it over internet and that would be helpful
best of luk

KCC
Newly Registered

Post by KCC » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:50 am

tier210 wrote:hey guys
i got mine sorted from sheffield PEO few months back
the visa and stamp were sorted same day and I had no trouble at all
if there are any specific queries i guess i will b able to assist so plz dont hesistate to ask
i noticed complains abt booking visa appointment
best way to do that is through the UKBA website and no phone cuz over the phone they dont help you at all, atleast I had a very bad experience in those terms. better book it over internet and that would be helpful
best of luk
Hi tier210, i did try to book appointment online but it apprears that not even one slot is available. I wonder if all slots are really fully booked or they just shut down the online appointment.

Please advice if anyone has managed to get an appontment recently.
Thanks

Arjun_123

Post by Arjun_123 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:24 am

tier210

please see your Personal messages...

cheers...

curiousmaster
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 (General) In Person Application

Post by curiousmaster » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:05 pm

Hi Tier 210,
Will UKBA check my work history through NI number if i go inperson or it will be a straight interview?