ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

first2013
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by first2013 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:27 pm

Please can any body help me about what suporting documents I need for my naturalisation and if it's the right time to apply now, and I do not want to for apply parmanent RC,
I Married to EEA 20/02/2008
EEA RC issued 0/08/2009 for 5yers
Divorce in 30/11/2012
I apply for EEA2 ROR 0/06/2013
New 5yers RC issued 30/03/2014

So as you can see when do I need to apply and what documents I need thanks.
Journey of thousands of miles begins with a single step

Parada
Newly Registered

Post by Parada » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:36 pm

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 5 year residency (non EEA married to EA member, divorced in the meantime), had BECs higher from uni in my country and Life in UK test
Method of application: NCS Bristol 15.04.14
Date of receipt by UKBA: 16.04.14
Date of debit of fees: 28.04.14
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: sorry, forgot
Date of receipt of approval: 05.06.14 dated 30.05.14
Date of Ceremony: 03.07.14

I cannot thank enough all the people on this forum for their advice, support and simply listening to a rant or two when things were not going that great. This would have been much more difficult and confusing without you!!!! Thank you.

arthurlvice
Newly Registered

Post by arthurlvice » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:18 pm

arthurlvice wrote:Eligibility criteria: 3yr spouse of BC
Method of application: NCS Chelmsford
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11 April 2014
Date of debit of fees: 23 April 2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 26 April 2014
Date of receipt of approval: TBA
Date of Ceremony: TBA
Update : Date of receipt of approval : 6 June 2014 (letter dated 27 May 2014)
Date Of Ceremony: TBA

We hope to travel abroad in July so hope I can receive my passport before then. Current applications seem to indicate roughly a two month wait before a decision is reached. Phoned and got through on the 0300 number a few days ago on my second call when they already indicated that a decision has been reached.

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:48 pm

Recently they are deciding the naturalisation application very quickly.

call2bala

Post by call2bala » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:49 pm

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 5 year residency (non EEA member) - 2 yrs WP+3 yrs T1(G) visa + 1 year ILR Higher from uni in my country and Life in UK test- gave PBS print out for English Language points
Method of application: NCS Bedworth 15.05.14
Date of receipt by UKBA: 15.05.14
Date of debit of fees: 24.04.14
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 29.5.14
Date of receipt of approval: awaiting
Date of Ceremony: Awaiting

JavKhan03
Newly Registered

Post by JavKhan03 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:14 pm

JavKhan03 wrote:Hi Guys,

HO call center information is strange.

I called HO on 29th May and progress was decision being made.
Then called again on Monday 2nd June then progress was Application under consideration.
Then called again on Tuesday 3rd June and progress was Decision being made and waiting letters to be printed.
Called again on Wednesday and progress was Application is in final stages please wait and you will get decision soon

And finally called today and progress was application is progressing normally please wait for 6 months. ha ha haha

So i am not sure if decision being made then how come application status jump back and forth.

Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Oldham
Date of application: 10/04/2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 14/04/2014
Date of acknowlegment: 23/04/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 23/04/2014
Date approval received: Waiting
Date of ceremony: Waiting
Called Home office yesterday and they confirmed letters sent today, So don't know when they will arrive as havn't received in post today.

jonyti
Newly Registered

Post by jonyti » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:44 pm

Application Timeline :
Nationality: Colombian
Eligibility criteria: 10 years Long Residence + 1 yr ILR
Method of application: NCS Hammersmith 21 May 2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 23 May 2014
Date of debit of fees: 30 May 2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 06 June 2014 dated 30 May 2014
Date of receipt of approval: Awaiting
Date of Ceremony: Awaiting

Hoping for a positive answer, Good luck everyone

Lcj

Post by Lcj » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:19 pm

[quote="Lcj"]Eligibility criteria: 10yrs LR + 1 yr ILR.
Language criteria: LIUK and uk naric ELA letter.
Method of application: self post.
Date of application: 23/05/14.
Date of reciept by homeoffice: 27/05/15 Royal Mail tracking.
Date of clearance of fees: 04/06/14
Date of reciept of acknowledgement: 7/06/14
Date of reciept of approval: not yet
Date I ceremony: not yet[/quote]

boyd
Newly Registered

Post by boyd » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:04 am

Eligibility criteria: 1.5 year student visa + 3 months IGS + 1 Year Work Permit + 4 years Tier1 General + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria met: IELTS Certificate from 2005 + Life in The UK
Council name: Hammersmith & Fulham (London)
Date of application: 21/05/2014
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 03/06/2014
Date of acknowledgment letter received: 07/06/2014 (dated 03/06/2014)
Passport Interview: Waiting
Passport Received: Waiting

Bhupal

Post by Bhupal » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:22 pm

Hi Boyd,

Coming few month times I am also applying for Naturalisation,you said u used ILETS from 2005,Can I used my IELTS score which I did in 2012 as well(overall 6.0 Listening 6.5,Reading 6.0,Writing 6.0 Speaking 5.5) and I have got ABE (Association of Business Executive) Level 5 and 6 in Business Management from UK College,which is equivalent to UK degree and recently I am doing Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management(Level 7) in London as well.

My question is will my ILETS score 6.0 ABE Level 5 and 6 qualification qualify for Home Ofiice requirement for citizenship?I am confused.

With best regards

Bhupal
boyd wrote:Eligibility criteria: 1.5 year student visa + 3 months IGS + 1 Year Work Permit + 4 years Tier1 General + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria met: IELTS Certificate from 2005 + Life in The UK
Council name: Hammersmith & Fulham (London)
Date of application: 21/05/2014
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 03/06/2014
Date of acknowledgment letter received: 07/06/2014 (dated 03/06/2014)
Passport Interview: Waiting
Passport Received: Waiting

fkhoja
Newly Registered

Post by fkhoja » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:17 pm

Hi all,

Need of an urgent advise from you, would really appreciate your response.
I am applying for Naturalisation in two weeks time and I have few qquestions with regards to completing the form, please let me know if you have any details. Firstly, I have came in the UK initially in Sep 2004 on student visa, then i got HSMP in July 2008. Secondly I have done my Masters from London South bank University which is listed on PBS calculator but not sure if i need to deem the Enalish qualification from Naric on this basis as the form doesn't have any relevant options to select and i am confuse. Please help.

Q1: From below what option i should be chossing under section 1.22 of section KoLLUK
> I hacve a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an quuivalent level of qualificationl OR
> I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK Naric to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelors or Masters degree in the UK and:
>> UK Naric has confirmed that the qualification was taught in English; Or
>> the qualification was taight or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country
From the above options which one i should be chossing and do i need to deem my qualification from Naric even though its listed in the PBS calculator for teirs sections?

Q2: Date and place of first arrival in the UK section 2.1 what is the date i should be entering here Sep 004 on the basis of Student or July 2008 on the basis of HSMP?

Please do responsd as that would really help..... thanks in advance.

Regards - FK

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:47 pm

Hi, I have a question plz. Does ncs accept photocopy of brp cards along with passport? Cos I want to apply for naturalisation and I have to show them I was here for last three years legally. But I every time I extended my visa I had to send the brp card back. So only got the photocopy of those brp cards. So im confused if they r gona accept that orI have to show something else for evidence,

boyd
Newly Registered

Post by boyd » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:25 am

Hi Bhupal,

This was actually not my original idea to submit the IELTS certificate as the proof of language skills. I have got a master's degree from the UK which should be sufficient and I have used it for other applications before also with the HOME OFFICE. However, at the NCS appointment, the staff couldn't photocopy my degree certificate because it was of an A3 size. To be on the safe side I brought the IELTS result with me so I mentioned it. Then the guy said that was perfect. I even questioned him about the time it was issued but he insisted that it was fine. So back to your question, if I were you I would being all the relevant ones and let the staff choose one to use.

Regards

Bhupal wrote:Hi Boyd,

Coming few month times I am also applying for Naturalisation,you said u used ILETS from 2005,Can I used my IELTS score which I did in 2012 as well(overall 6.0 Listening 6.5,Reading 6.0,Writing 6.0 Speaking 5.5) and I have got ABE (Association of Business Executive) Level 5 and 6 in Business Management from UK College,which is equivalent to UK degree and recently I am doing Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management(Level 7) in London as well.

My question is will my ILETS score 6.0 ABE Level 5 and 6 qualification qualify for Home Ofiice requirement for citizenship?I am confused.

With best regards

Bhupal

na2316

Post by na2316 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:01 pm

Hi All,
I have a quick question, can some help me PLEASE
Question.

I am going to apply for Naturalisation/citizenship in the next few days. I have ILR for more than 12 months now (was on Tier 1 for 5 years before the ILR)

I passed the Ielts test in 2009 and used it with my first tier 1 applciation.

It is expired now (as ielts is only for 2 years). CAN I use it with my Naturalisation/citizenship appcliation for ENGLISH LANGUAGE Proof OR do i need to do the ielts again...There are different answers on the website

--------- PLEASE ADVISE URGENTLY... PLEASE

Many thanks

ajbhatta

Post by ajbhatta » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:34 pm

When I applied last week, I was told by the NCS that the IELTS test results should have been taken within 2 years, which i fortunately had. But the point I want to make is that, All they need to know is that you have a certain level of proficiency in English, which a IELTS test result should prove, irrespective of when it was taken. Also, please note that, if you go through previous pages on this topic, you will see other mentioned who have applied have provided old copies; as old as 5 year ago.

So I would suggest that you call your local NCS and query them about it. If they say NO, then you might just have to do the test again.
Please note that if the NCS think the document is not acceptable, then they will automatically advice you to come again with the appropriate documents.

Hope this helps.

Bhupal

Post by Bhupal » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:38 am

Hi Boyd, na2316 and ajbhatta,

Today I went to my NCS( Brent Cicic Centre,Wembley Central),I have shown my old IELTS(overall score 6.0) but I told staff my ILETS was expiresd on Feb/2014.Can I used it for Naturalisation.She said YES YES YESS,because I am appplying a Naturalisation not a ILR,so this is fine.I even send my ILETS score and covering letter to UKBA to make sure it is accepted or not.But lets wait for a few weeks.Guys if you have found any news about expired IELTS score.Please share us.

With best wishes,
Bhupal
ajbhatta wrote:When I applied last week, I was told by the NCS that the IELTS test results should have been taken within 2 years, which i fortunately had. But the point I want to make is that, All they need to know is that you have a certain level of proficiency in English, which a IELTS test result should prove, irrespective of when it was taken. Also, please note that, if you go through previous pages on this topic, you will see other mentioned who have applied have provided old copies; as old as 5 year ago.

So I would suggest that you call your local NCS and query them about it. If they say NO, then you might just have to do the test again.
Please note that if the NCS think the document is not acceptable, then they will automatically advice you to come again with the appropriate documents.

Hope this helps.

na2316

Post by na2316 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:04 pm

Thanks a lot for sharing your comments on IELTS

My Ielts test expired in 2011. is there any official statement on homeoffice website where it says EXPIRED IELTS test are accpeted for Naturalisation/citizenship

On this forum, i am reading , some poeple are saying expired ielts tests are ok, some are saying not.

I gave my ielts in 2009, which expired in 2011

Please advise what is the best step here.

darkhorse10

Post by darkhorse10 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:50 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 1yr ILR
Method of application: NCS Manchester
Date of submission at NCS : 10/06/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: TBC
Date of debit of fees: TBC
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: TBC
Date of receipt of approval: TBC
Date of Ceremony: TBC

na2316

Post by na2316 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:58 pm

Please any one can advise re my above post re IELTS

MANY THANKS

farrukhnizam

Post by farrukhnizam » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:50 am

fkhoja wrote:Hi all,

Need of an urgent advise from you, would really appreciate your response.
I am applying for Naturalisation in two weeks time and I have few qquestions with regards to completing the form, please let me know if you have any details. Firstly, I have came in the UK initially in Sep 2004 on student visa, then i got HSMP in July 2008. Secondly I have done my Masters from London South bank University which is listed on PBS calculator but not sure if i need to deem the Enalish qualification from Naric on this basis as the form doesn't have any relevant options to select and i am confuse. Please help.

Q1: From below what option i should be chossing under section 1.22 of section KoLLUK
> I hacve a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an quuivalent level of qualificationl OR
> I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK Naric to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelors or Masters degree in the UK and:
>> UK Naric has confirmed that the qualification was taught in English; Or
>> the qualification was taight or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country
From the above options which one i should be chossing and do i need to deem my qualification from Naric even though its listed in the PBS calculator for teirs sections?

Q2: Date and place of first arrival in the UK section 2.1 what is the date i should be entering here Sep 004 on the basis of Student or July 2008 on the basis of HSMP?

Please do responsd as that would really help..... thanks in advance.

Regards - FK
Hi,
Q1:If u have done MSc from LSBU , you need to attach MSc degree
In the form 1.22 - you need to ✔ I have passed the Life in the UK test and attach confirmation and enter the life in the uk test number and you need to tick on (ii) the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country
(other than Canada);
Q2: You need to enter the correct date when you enter to UK first time Sep 2004.
Thanks
Farrukh

rajamahbub

Post by rajamahbub » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:37 am

This timeline is for my son who born here just couple weeks before my ILR and I have got my ILR through 10 years Long Residency (4 yrs Student+ 1 yr IGS + 1 PSW + 4 yrs T1 Gen)

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: Son born in UK
Method of application: NCS (Brent)
Date of Application: 06/06/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA:
Date of debit of fees:
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:
Date of receipt of approval:
Date of Ceremony: N/A

deepakmathur
Newly Registered

Post by deepakmathur » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:30 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 1yr ILR
Method of application: NCS Camden
Date of submission at NCS : 10/06/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: TBC
Date of debit of fees: TBC
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: TBC
Date of receipt of approval: TBC
Date of Ceremony: TBC

Sunface
Newly Registered

Post by Sunface » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:05 am

[quote="Sunface"][quote="Sunface"]Please include the following details when posting in this topic:

Application Timeline April 2014
Eligibility criteria: 1 yr wp + 4 yr tier2 + 1 yr ilr.
Method of application: Post + Self and 2 children under 5 application.
English language: Uk naric qualification and language assessment.
Date of receipt by UKBA: 7th April 2014.
Date of debit of fees: 17th April 2014.
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 24th April 2014.
Date of receipt of approval: 09/06/14, [ 12/05/14 , Children naturalization registration received ].
Date of Ceremony: waiting

Other Updates: asked to pay extra 32 pounds in addition to the fees already paid. I agree because rise in fees on 6th April 2014. Got discounted fees for my children application. 06-05-14 nationality direct taken 32 pounds from my account. 2 children approval received letter dated 08/05/14. Received approval letter on today letter dated 09/06/14.

I thank everyone in this forum who helped me to go through this immigration journey. I wish applicants who are waiting for approval from HO to be successful.

Do I have to wait to receive invitation letter from the council or should I contact them , If have to contact what details should I have to provide them.

KyleDM
Newly Registered

Post by KyleDM » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:06 pm

Update
Apologies for no update, been snowed under in work
Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 10 Years, Life In The UK Exam + ESOL Exam
Nationality: South African
Method of application: NCS Cumbria (23/01/2014)
Date of receipt by UKBA: 27/01/2014
Date of debit of fees: 12/02/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 14/02/2014
Date of receipt of approval:06/04/2014
Date of Ceremony: 18/04/2014

Thanks all!

Sunface
Newly Registered

Post by Sunface » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:58 pm

Sunface wrote:
Sunface wrote:
Sunface wrote: Application Timeline April 2014
Eligibility criteria: 1 yr wp + 4 yr tier2 + 1 yr ilr.
Method of application: Post + Self and 2 children under 5 application.
English language: Uk naric qualification and language assessment.
Date of receipt by UKBA: 7th April 2014.
Date of debit of fees: 17th April 2014.
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 24th April 2014.
Date of receipt of approval: 09/06/14
Date of Ceremony: waiting

Other Updates: asked to pay extra 32 pounds in addition to the fees already paid. I agree because rise in fees on 6th April 2014. Got discounted fees for my children application. 06-05-14 nationality direct taken 32 pounds from my account. 2 children approval received letter dated 08/05/14. Children naturalization registration received on 12/05/14. My application received approval letter on today letter dated 09/06/14.

I thank everyone in this forum who helped me to go through this immigration journey. I wish applicants who are waiting for approval from HO to be successful.

Do I have to wait to receive invitation letter from the council or should I contact them , If have to contact what details should I have to provide them.