ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

claraluh
United Kingdom

Re: EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Post by claraluh » Thu May 29, 2014 2:47 pm

Imshzd wrote: Your mother is a main applicant,that's why your name is not on this letter.
This is normal and nothing to worry.
Thanks Imshzd !!!! I feel much more relieved now!!

kulla
Newly Registered

Post by kulla » Sat May 31, 2014 9:32 am

Hubba wrote:
Stoli wrote:Would you believe it? - I got my documents back, and PR.

Yupeeee

To conclude my application timeline:

Docs and EEA4 sent on 11 Feb, on 12 Feb they took the money
COA issued on 14 April
PR issued on 13 May (although received on 22 May with my special delivery, not sure what they've been doing with it :) )

I do have a question though, which I'm leaving in this thread because it could be of interest to other waiting for PR.

HO put my PR in the passport, and I would prefer it to be on a separate piece of paper (reasons being - my passport is my only ID and I would not like my PR lost in the post somewhere..). Also, my passport expires the next year..
Can I ask the home office to issue a PR on a piece of paper or.. am I stuck with what I have?
It's easier to get a new passport than to get a new PR :) Just apply for a new passport and keep the old one just for the PR...

@ hubba, askmeplz and blooms,

QUESTION:

-so if my wife has EEA3 and I apply for EEA4, she is not working , can CSI be avoided?

Regards,
Kulla

Hubba

Post by Hubba » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:28 am

kulla wrote:
Hubba wrote:
Stoli wrote:Would you believe it? - I got my documents back, and PR.

Yupeeee

To conclude my application timeline:

Docs and EEA4 sent on 11 Feb, on 12 Feb they took the money
COA issued on 14 April
PR issued on 13 May (although received on 22 May with my special delivery, not sure what they've been doing with it :) )

I do have a question though, which I'm leaving in this thread because it could be of interest to other waiting for PR.

HO put my PR in the passport, and I would prefer it to be on a separate piece of paper (reasons being - my passport is my only ID and I would not like my PR lost in the post somewhere..). Also, my passport expires the next year..
Can I ask the home office to issue a PR on a piece of paper or.. am I stuck with what I have?
It's easier to get a new passport than to get a new PR :) Just apply for a new passport and keep the old one just for the PR...

@ hubba, askmeplz and blooms,

QUESTION:

-so if my wife has EEA3 and I apply for EEA4, she is not working , can CSI be avoided?

Regards,
Kulla
If you were present here during the 5 years on which you EEA national spouse exercised Treaty Rights, then no, you don't need to present CSI. You need only to prove that your EEA national has exercised Treaty Rights for 5 years consecutively whilst you were here with her. If you arrived here in the UK at least 5 years before the issue date of her EEA3, you can present only her EEA3, regardless of her current situation.

If she obtained PR before you completed 5 years in country, then it is my understanding that, even though she has already acquired PR, she needs to be exercising Treaty Rights during the whole 5 years period of your residence here. from my understanding of EU directive 2004/38/EC, the right of residence for family members of an EEA national only exists if the EEA national is exercising Treaty Rights in another member country and it is given by article 7 paragraph 2. If your wife is not exercising Treaty Rights according to article 7, paragraph 1, items a, b or c (none of which includes permanent residence), your stay here in the UK would not be deemed legal and you wouldn't be able to obtain PR.

Now, this is only my understanding. A caseworker might not be as picky as I am and may approve your PR request even without CSI. The EEA4 form does leave the door open for this kind of application. It is up to the caseworker to decide.

iwantmyresidenceasap
Newly Registered

Post by iwantmyresidenceasap » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:21 pm

It seems no one has heard from the HO recently. I WANT MY PR!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
9 weeks and counting!

Sylviaucl
Newly Registered

Post by Sylviaucl » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:31 am

22/05/2014 sent joint application EEA3&4
23/05/2014 HO received it
28/05/2014 Money taken out for both eea3&4
30/05/2014 received letter from HO confirming that they have received the EEA3 application (but not the EEA4!)

And no news ever since...

I wonder if having submitted both would actually delay my EEA4 application...

Hubba

Post by Hubba » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:40 am

Sylviaucl wrote:22/05/2014 sent joint application EEA3&4
30/05/2014 received letter from HO confirming that they have received the EEA3 application (but not the EEA4!)

Certainly not. EEA3 has actually precedence when it comes to processing.

People here got excited thinking that the Home Office somehow got better and more efficient. They certainly did, but do not take for granted that your process will be quick. They have 6 months to process it.

iwantmyresidenceasap
Newly Registered

Post by iwantmyresidenceasap » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:40 pm

Hubba wrote:
Sylviaucl wrote:22/05/2014 sent joint application EEA3&4

Certainly not. EEA3 has actually precedence when it comes to processing.

People here got excited thinking that the Home Office somehow got better and more efficient. They certainly did, but do not take for granted that your process will be quick. They have 6 months to process it.

My PR has finally arrived! 10 weeks :-)

If you're reading this and you're applying or thinking of applying in the future I would strongly recommend you create a VERY ORGANISED folder, with tabs for each pocket, stating all the documents you're sending. The more organised the better will the outcome be.

I sent everything required. Original passports (important), Marriage certificate, bank statements, tenancy agreements, utility bills, P60s and a full cover letter explaining what I thought it would help the caseworker understand any question he/she raised.

I am extremely relieved I won't have to miss travelling this summer.

I still don't understand why this service can't be sorted same day, even for a higher fee.

Good luck to everyone in the same position waiting for their PR to come through. If you do a good job, it will.

OFF TO THE CARIBBEAN NOW 8) 8) 8) BYYYYYEEEEE

bola080695
Newly Registered

Post by bola080695 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:08 pm

Congratulations , so happy for you & enjoy your holiday : :D

Stoli

Post by Stoli » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:13 pm

Congratulations!!! :))

I received my PR a couple of weeks ago now, but still kept the email notifications for this thread - holding my fingers crossed for everybody waiting, and ask any questions if you're interested, I'm still here! Hopefully to return the favour of supporting someone who is now in the situation I was only so recently.

big hug to all :)

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:41 pm

iwantmyresidenceasap wrote:
My PR has finally arrived! 10 weeks :-)

If you're reading this and you're applying or thinking of applying in the future I would strongly recommend you create a VERY ORGANISED folder, with tabs for each pocket, stating all the documents you're sending. The more organised the better will the outcome be.

I sent everything required. Original passports (important), Marriage certificate, bank statements, tenancy agreements, utility bills, P60s and a full cover letter explaining what I thought it would help the caseworker understand any question he/she raised.

I am extremely relieved I won't have to miss travelling this summer.

I still don't understand why this service can't be sorted same day, even for a higher fee.

Good luck to everyone in the same position waiting for their PR to come through. If you do a good job, it will.

OFF TO THE CARIBBEAN NOW 8) 8) 8) BYYYYYEEEEE
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D So Happy for you!

I got my COA today and am looking forward to get my PR soon - Fingers crossed for me and everyone else waiting for theirs.

Good Luck Everyone!!! :)

Imons7
Newly Registered

Post by Imons7 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:48 am

Stoli wrote:Congratulations!!! :))

I received my PR a couple of weeks ago now, but still kept the email notifications for this thread - holding my fingers crossed for everybody waiting, and ask any questions if you're interested, I'm still here! Hopefully to return the favour of supporting someone who is now in the situation I was only so recently.

big hug to all :)
@stoli, pls I have gone through the thread and I am exactly in your old situation ,
My story goes like this;
I have submitted my eea4 application;
19/05/14
Received acknowledgement on the 21/05/14,
Till this very moment no money is been taken out of my account, I have made several calls, with all different answers, I haven't received a COA, and I twice I was told no payment has been made, and if they can't take the money , the application will be sent back invalid.

I am so sure I enter the correct detail on my debit card, and my folder was well organised, I am a bit worried.

Stoli

Post by Stoli » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:56 am

Imons7 wrote:@stoli, pls I have gone through the thread and I am exactly in your old situation ,
My story goes like this;
19/05/14
Till this very moment no money is been taken out of my account, I have made several calls, with all different answers, I haven't received a COA, and I twice I was told no payment has been made, and if they can't take the money , the application will be sent back invalid.

I am so sure I enter the correct detail on my debit card, and my folder was well organised, I am a bit worried.
Uhh this is so frustrating. In your case there has not been all that much time since the receipt of documents, so don't worry too much just yet.
But if I were you I'd continue calling them because that's exactly what happened to me - every operator would tell me smth different, and in the end - return of documents.. By the way, having a case ID is not a sign that everything is great - I had one too. I'd say try calling them again mid-end next week. Maybe the gurus around here have more advice?

iwantmyresidenceasap
Newly Registered

Post by iwantmyresidenceasap » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:23 pm

For anyone applying I would recommend sending a Postal Order, which I did, and received the Letter of Receipt within two days and the COA the day after. It makes life much easier I think :-)

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:51 pm

I also sent Postal Order as I saw lots of people complaining here that UKBA was sending lots of applications that were paid by card back. I would defo recommend postal order as a payment method.

Imons7
Newly Registered

Post by Imons7 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:55 pm

Stoli wrote:
Imons7 wrote:@stoli, pls I have gone through the thread and I am exactly in your old situation ,
My story goes like this;
19/05/14

Uhh this is so frustrating. In your case there has not been all that much time since the receipt of documents, so don't worry too much just yet.
But if I were you I'd continue calling them because that's exactly what happened to me - every operator would tell me smth different, and in the end - return of documents.. By the way, having a case ID is not a sign that everything is great - I had one too. I'd say try calling them again mid-end next week. Maybe the gurus around here have more advice?
@stoli
I want to say big thanks to everyone who is supporting each other in this journey. It feels so great to actually see people do care . Well, the deed has been done but everything that has a beginning must come to an end. I will do as you says but those yet to submit, this is true life story, a word is enough for the wise.

Sylviaucl
Newly Registered

Post by Sylviaucl » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:55 pm

Congrats iwantmyresidenceasap !

I think your user name helped. :)

A bit of update on mine:

22/05/2014 sent joint application EEA3&4
30/05/2014 received letter from HO confirming the reception of EEA3 (dated 27/05/2014)
06/06/2014 received letter from HO confirming the reception of EEA4 (dated 27/05/2014)

So maybe less EEA3 applications so a bit quicker to send their letters out.

fabtastic1
Newly Registered

Post by fabtastic1 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:55 pm

I want to share with my experience:

Sent my documents for EEA 4 in september 2012

1.My non eu passport
2. My partners eu id card
3. My partners PR card EEA 3 (I advice even HO say you dont have to apply, that you apply it makes such a big difference)but if you dont have it then documents to send for your partners to confirm excers treaty are
a) ID/Passport
b) Contracts for 5 years
c) A8 work registration certificate, which is now cancelled. But if your partner had to register then you must include that otherwise HO will refuse your application
d) P60s for full 5 years
4. My P 60s and my Partners for 5 years with same address
5. Council tax for 5 years both names
6. Tenancy agreements for 5 years
7. Marriage certificate
7. I also wrote a letter of all included documents and if they needed anything else then i am there to help
8. Make it nice and clean, use plastic folders make it professional

Result was that i got my PR in 3 months!!! So make it clear and informative!

Good luck !

danuge
Newly Registered

Post by danuge » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:50 am

Hi guys,

Thought I would share my experience so far:

28/05/2014 Joint EEA3 & EEA4 application received by HO
30/05/2014 Payment taken
02/06/2014 Confirmation letter for both applications received (dated 29/05/2014)
09/06/2014 COA received (dated 05/06/2014)

Am so relieved as I received a job offer last Friday and was really worried I wouldn't get my COA in time to be able to accept it. Now the long wait before the family can have a holiday, but at least I can work.

Good luck to everyone

Betitoo
Newly Registered

Post by Betitoo » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:46 pm

Hi,
My wife will apply EEA 4 to get PR card after 5 years.
The question is I am EU citizen and I recently became British and I send my EU passport to Home Office for UK Passport, and we do not know whether my wife needs to prove my 5 year residency for EU Family member ( I am already became a British), because when I applied to Naturalisation I already proved 5 year residency in the UK and it will be really weird to prove them again.

Hubba

Post by Hubba » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:58 pm

Betitoo wrote:Hi,
My wife will apply EEA 4 to get PR card after 5 years.
The question is I am EU citizen and I recently became British and I send my EU passport to Home Office for UK Passport, and we do not know whether my wife needs to prove my 5 year residency for EU Family member ( I am already became a British), because when I applied to Naturalisation I already proved 5 year residency in the UK and it will be really weird to prove them again.
Was she married to you and living here in the UK during the entire 5 year period you have already proved your Treaty Rights to the HO? If so, you only need to send your EEA3 as proof of 5 years exercise of Treaty Rights. You will still need to send proof that she has been residing here in the UK this whole time.

If this isn't the case, i.e. if you obtained PR before she completed 5 years in country, then it is my understanding that, even though you have already acquired PR, you still need to be exercising Treaty Rights during the whole 5 years period of her residence here. From my understanding of EU directive 2004/38/EC, the right of residence for family members of an EEA national only exists if the EEA national is exercising Treaty Rights in another member country and it is given by article 7 paragraph 2. Therefore I think you need to send your EEA3 and proof that you're exercising Treaty Rights since then.

Betitoo
Newly Registered

Post by Betitoo » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:19 pm

Thanks for information above, We have been married for 5 years now. First my wife got a residence permit visa in June 2009 and now she wants to apply for PR card after 5 years. I have my own PR card which was gained in Nov 2011 and I've recently become a British. Such being the case, do I have to prove that I have been lawfully lived in the UK for last 5 years?
EEA4 form itself is very confusing, they haven't explained very well.

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:33 pm

Betitoo wrote:Thanks for information above, We have been married for 5 years now. First my wife got a residence permit visa in June 2009 and now she wants to apply for PR card after 5 years. I have my own PR card which was gained in Nov 2011 and I've recently become a British. Such being the case, do I have to prove that I have been lawfully lived in the UK for last 5 years?
You can use your PR obtained in 2011 to prove you were exercising Treaty Rights for the prior years and then you still need to prove you are continuous exercising Treaty Rights since 2011 untill now.

kashiscash
Newly Registered

Post by kashiscash » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:53 am

This forum is quite interesting. I would like to share my experience that might help someone.

Sent EEA 4 application in November 2013.

Enclosed:
  • Utility bills - one for each year
    joint bank statements - one statement for each year
    Council tax bills - last 5 years
    Marriage certificate
    Letter from my wife
    My wife's P45s and P60s for last 5 years
Payment for application fee was taken from my account very next day and received COA [certificate of application] letter in 2 weeks time.

In April 2014 received a letter from home office to send them pay slips for last 2 years.

In May 2014 received Refusal letter with a right of appeal on ground that in last 2 years payslips there are 10 payslips missing so creating a gap of 10 months. [actually my wife was on maternity leave in those 10 months]. Home office also objected that no proof had been submitted for maternity leave.

Next day posted a letter to Home office explaining them of her maternity leave dates and enclosing the original letter from DWP confirming her entitlement to Maternity Allowance for the said months.

Within a week after that letter, received a reply from home office with a PR attached on a A4 paper.

Top Tips:
1- Keep your papers organised year wise with an index on the top in a file.
2- Only attach few relavent papers for each year and do not stuff your file with junk.
3- Send all P45s and P60s only. If there is a gap like maternity leave or sick leave, send relevant year's payslips and proof of such leave.
4- Always include a letter from your EEA sponsor stating that they wish for the grant of your PR document.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :mrgreen:

Hubba

Post by Hubba » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:28 am

claraluh wrote:
Betitoo wrote:Thanks for information above, We have been married for 5 years now. First my wife got a residence permit visa in June 2009 and now she wants to apply for PR card after 5 years. I have my own PR card which was gained in Nov 2011 and I've recently become a British. Such being the case, do I have to prove that I have been lawfully lived in the UK for last 5 years?
You can use your PR obtained in 2011 to prove you were exercising Treaty Rights for the prior years and then you still need to prove you are continuous exercising Treaty Rights since 2011 untill now.
Hi Betitoo,

Claraluh is correct. You can use your PR to prove your Treaty Rights exercise from June 2009 until November 2011. You will then need to prove your Treaty Rights exercise from November 2011 until June 2014 for her to qualify for PR. Not sure how you becoming British will interfere in the process, though.

Hubba

Post by Hubba » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:29 am

Hi guys,

I can't believe it just yet, but my permanent residence card has just arrived! :D :D :D :D :!: :D

I've got to commend the Home Office for their swiftness. From when the documents left my hands until I've got them back, only 31 days have passed. Timeline below:

- 13/05/14 - sent my EEA4 and my wife's EEA3 applications (EEA exercising Treaty Rights as self-sufficient based on my employment here in the UK);
- 14/05/14 - received by the Home Office in Durham;
- 16/05/14 - fees taken from my credit card;
- 21/05/14 - Acknowledgement letters received (dated from 17/05/14);
- 27/05/14 - CoA (just for EEA4) received (dated from 23/05/14);
- 14/05/14 - EEA3 & EEA4 received with the rest of the documentation. Documents issued on 12/06/14.

Just for comparison, my EEA2 process took 11 months back in 2008/2009 :shock:

List of documents and application type:

Application type: EEA national exercising Treaty Rights on self-sufficiency, based on non-EEA spouse's employment

Documents:

- 6 CSI certificates with both EEA national and non-EEA husband on them, covering period between 2009 and 2014;
- Joint Savings account statements - all covering period between 2009 and 2014;
- Joint current account statements - 3 statements per year, covering period between 2009 and 2014;
- 61 pay slips from the non-EEA husband, covering all months between May/2009 and May/2014;
- 5 P60s from the non-EEA husband, covering period between 2009 and 2014;
- Marriage certificate, with certified translation to English.

It probably helped the fact that we still live on the same address and I still work for the same company as 5 years ago. In fact, nothing really changed on the past 5 years, except that I've been promoted twice since then and have saved money.

I'm over the moon right now, I was expecting to wait at least 3 months for my PR, and that being optimistic.

I'll still be around to help whoever needs it, since this forum has helped me since 2006. I just hope I can give some help and hope back now.

Cheers! It is still morning, but I'll certainly have a few pints later on to celebrate!