ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form MN1 confusion

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Agastya80

Form MN1 confusion

Post by Agastya80 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:03 am

Dear All, Thanks for your time on my query. I've tried looking for answers to my query but I'm totally confused now, sorry.

I’m filling Form MN1 for our two children under the age of 5. I’ve got my ILR last month but my wife hasn’t applied yet but will do in next few months or so, which I think will be after our children's registration process

While filling the application form there are certain section where I’m sufficiently confused and need some clarity.

- In the MN1 Guide it reads “Section 1 (3) A child born in the UK whose parents are not British citizens and were not settled in the UK (see page 6) will have an entitlement to register when their parents become settled in the UK or become British citizens.”
Does it mean that child will become eligible to register when both parents have settled or can we register even when one of the parents has become settled?

- In the MN1 Form under Section 1 point 1.3 “Enter the date the child was given indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK . If the parent is an EEA or Swiss national or a family member of an EEA or Swiss national please ensure that they qualify for settled status”.
Well actually the child has Tier 2 leave to remain and instead of applying for their ILR we are applying for this registration, is it correct thing to do or do we have to apply for their ILR before completing this form?

- Also, Do we have to submit a copy of current passport(Indian) along with the birth certificate?

Thanks again
Thanks!

Agastya80

Re: Form MN1 confusion

Post by Agastya80 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:12 pm

Please could someone help me on my query?
Many thanks
Thanks!

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:45 pm

Read the FAQs and it should answers your questions and more.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 95747.html
There is a reason for having search functionality on the forum - please make use of it. These questions have been answered at least a 100 times before.

Agastya80

Post by Agastya80 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:24 pm

Excellent, many thanks Shahid2000. The link you provided answers my queries.
shahid2000 wrote:Read the FAQs and it should answers your questions and more.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 95747.html
There is a reason for having search functionality on the forum - please make use of it. These questions have been answered at least a 100 times before.
Thanks!