ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant ILR application SET (O) queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ms_singh

Dependant ILR application SET (O) queries

Post by ms_singh » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:06 pm

Hi All,

I am preparing application for my wife's ILR. I have already received my ILR.

My wife's visa history is as follows:

Tier 1 (G) dependant visa : 3 June 2011 & EC : 3 July 2011.
PBS dependent visa : 21 June 2012 valid until 21 June 2015.

Her absences from the UK are as follows:

7 Aug 2011 until 26 Feb 2012
5 Mar 2012 until 26 Mar 2012
27 July 2012 until 12 Dec 2012
14 Mar 2013 until 1 April 2013.

Please could someone clarify the following queries:

1) Assuming that the 2 year qualification period countdown for ILR starts from May 2012, will the last 2 absences ( 27 July 2012 until 12 Dec 2012 and 14 Mar 2013 until 1 April 2013) be an issue ? Will she need to provide reasons for those leave and documentary evidence for the same as she went to complete her job in India ?

2) The 2 year qualification period falls within the first Tier 1 (G) visa and subsequent PBS dependent visa. Will this be an issue or she needs to wait for 2 years under PBS dependent visa only ?

3) In application form SET (O), item 6.1, what date does she need to enter for first entry to UK ? Does this need to be the first Entry clearance date of entering UK or the first date of entry before the 2 year qualifying period ( description in item 6.1 alludes to that) ?

ms_singh

Re: Dependant ILR application SET (O) queries

Post by ms_singh » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:01 pm

Could anybody help with the queries, please ?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:03 pm

You seem to be ok with your line of thinking. Absences should be limited and for good reason, but those less than 6 months don't need declaring so should not be an issue. Though provide evidence of a subsisting relationship for that period if you have some.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ms_singh

Post by ms_singh » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:38 pm

Could someone please clarify the following SET (O) queries ?

1) I have booked premium appointment and paid the full amount . What do I need to fill in items 5-12 of the payment details sections ? Shall I leave these as blank as I have paid the full amount ?

t2ict

Post by t2ict » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:18 pm

ms_singh wrote:Could someone please clarify the following SET (O) queries ?

1) I have booked premium appointment and paid the full amount . What do I need to fill in items 5-12 of the payment details sections ? Shall I leave these as blank as I have paid the full amount ?
You are not required to fill in those items, as you've already paid in full whilst booking the appointment. Even if you fill and include, it will either be returned to you or binned by the caseworker. Hope this helps you.