ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Granted but TB test certificate expired.ADVICE

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

watchaza1
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Granted but TB test certificate expired.ADVICE

Post by watchaza1 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:49 pm

from watchaza1

my brother wife applied for a spouse visa in march 2012 and she has just been granted her Spouse Visa (20th Sept 2012) from Pakistan, Islamabad
her TB test expired in April and was all clear, but the Home office gave her the spouse visa after 4 months of the TB expire,

i am stressed same as my brother as she went to the TB test centre and they told her that she has to wait 42 days before she gets the renewed version of the TB test certificate, they also have a child (2years old) by the way and her visa is valid for 28 days (child)

can mother and daughter still travel to the UK even if they have a expired TB test minding that they both do have the Visa granted after the TB expired.

all the advice i get will be very help ful, dont matter haw small or little advice and people experiance in a similir situation.

Thanks[/size]

olawest

Re: Spouse Visa Granted but TB test certificate expired.ADVI

Post by olawest » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:17 pm

watchaza1 wrote:from watchaza1

my brother wife applied for a spouse visa in march 2012 and she has just been granted her Spouse Visa (20th Sept 2012) from Pakistan, Islamabad
her TB test expired in April and was all clear, but the Home office gave her the spouse visa after 4 months of the TB expire,

i am stressed same as my brother as she went to the TB test centre and they told her that she has to wait 42 days before she gets the renewed version of the TB test certificate, they also have a child (2years old) by the way and her visa is valid for 28 days (child)

can mother and daughter still travel to the UK even if they have a expired TB test minding that they both do have the Visa granted after the TB expired.

all the advice i get will be very help ful, dont matter haw small or little advice and people experiance in a similir situation.

Thanks[/size]
My thinking is the TB certificate was a requirement to get the visa. The immigration officers at the point of entry may not ask for the TB certificate
before entrance. To be safe, go to another TB test center and obtain
a certificate or a Doctor's letter stating there has been no TB infection since last test.

riversidecreations

Post by riversidecreations » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:26 pm

Shouldn't be a problem.. but to avoid any silliness, i would suggest carrying a chest x-ray.
Sujan
-------------------------
Application Submitted : 27/08/2012
Application refused :( - 09/11/2012
Appeal Lodged : 15/11/2012
ECM to respond by : 30/04/2012
DOT Letter received : 24/04/2013
Passport/Visa Collected : 14/05/2013

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:55 pm

You only need a valid TB certificate at time of entry clearance application.
You do not need a valid TB certificate on arrival at a UK port. The expired certificate will do.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

EnkayCeejay
Newly Registered

Post by EnkayCeejay » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:53 pm

Hello everybody, Please I am new here and I want you guys to help me out..I just received an email from VisaSheffield that a decision has been made on my application and it is ready for pick up in Lagos,Nigeria but the problem is that I'm scared because my TB test certificate was sent to my hubby in the UK instead of me. I'm just wandering if it wouldn't be a barrier at the airport if I'm granted a visa. Please help me.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:11 pm

That shouldn't be something to worry about,immigration officers are human being like you,you can explain to him or her or simply tell your hubby to bring it along to the airport,if you're asked,tell the officer your hubby has got it and they can see it if bent on that.