ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) ILR Success @ PEO, Solihull on 09 June 2014

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

t2ict

SET(O) ILR Success @ PEO, Solihull on 09 June 2014

Post by t2ict » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:13 pm

Hi ALL,

Thanks for all the support from this forum. I've got my ILR today (09 June 2014) from Solihull PEO. My eligibility was based on Work Permit + T2 ICT (under the rules before 06 april 2010) + T2 General (with total continuous period of stay > 5+ years). I was applying for myself plus 1 dependant.

I came to the UK in 2008 as a work permit holder and further renewed on into T2 ICT >> T2ICT- Long Term until recently, but my previous company were not supporting the ILR application (But OK to extend the visa any number of times !) and as a result, have moved into Tier 2 General with a new sponsor company (just very recently).

Here I would like to share my experience with my ILR at Solihull office:

Appointment at 9.40 am
Approached the office at 8.50 am, was given a token at 9 am
9.15 am - Registration completed
9.35 am - Biometrics completed
9.50 am - Asked to go out for a coffee / shopping for 2 hours
12.20 pm - Received a call for ILR approval documents collection. :)
12.30 pm - ILR approval + other documents collected and informed that the BRP cards will arrive by 5 working days.

Documents Submitted:

1. SET (O) form - including one dependent + Passports + BRPs
2. 2x LIUK + PBS calculator sheet (main+dependent) + Original degree certificates (main+dependent)
3. 1x very recent month Bank Statement
4. 1x very recent month payslip - printed on a plain paper signed & stamped by HR
5. Employer reference letter
6. Absence letter from previous employer
7. Lots of Cohabs docs for myself + dependent.
8. Photocopies of all the above (excluding the SET(O) form)

Cheers,
T2ICT.

ksinghn
Newly Registered

Re: SET(O) ILR Success @ PEO, Solihull on 09 June 2014

Post by ksinghn » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:00 pm

Congrats for your ILR.

One Query:

Did you use Tier1 (General)extension option on the PBS for showing the English language requirement? There is no such option available for Tier2 ICT in PBS. I spoke to Home office call centre and they told me that I can't use Tier1 (General) extension option in PBS for degree and english language qualification since my visa is Tier2 ICT.

Please advise.

ksinghn
Newly Registered

Post by ksinghn » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:00 pm

Congrats for your ILR.

One Query:

Did you use Tier1 (General)extension option on the PBS for showing the English language requirement? There is no such option available for Tier2 ICT in PBS. I spoke to Home office call centre and they told me that I can't use Tier1 (General) extension option in PBS for degree and english language qualification since my visa is Tier2 ICT.

Please advise.

t2ict

Post by t2ict » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:15 pm

Hi,

Thanks. I've used the Tier-2 General option (i.e., as was with T2 General before ILR, today) in the PBS calculator sheet. As long as you see the 10 points for your english language skills (i.e., based on your degree/university availability in the PBS calculator), you should be all-right. I have used that option for myself & my spouse today and it all went OK. No questions asked. Also you should submit original degree certificates.

Cheers,
T2ICT.

DeeDos

Post by DeeDos » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:25 pm

Congratualtions T2ICT.
It must be such a big relief.

I am planning to apply for ILR in the coming weeks.
Could you let me know the Leave of Absences letter format, please?
It would be very helpful.

Many thanks
Doshi

Subbs
Newly Registered

Post by Subbs » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:29 pm

Hi

Congrats, I am applying for my IlR in 2 months. I am going through lots of links to understand whats the process and what are the docs need to be submitted.

My base salary is around £43000 and gross is around £54000 and I came to UK in 2009 as a software test engineer Can you please confirm my salary meets the eligibility criteria for ILR and also could you please confirm what are the docs you submitted for cohabitation bcos I am planning to submit my depends ilr as well along with me.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Subbs

t2ict

Post by t2ict » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:35 pm

DeeDos wrote:Congratualtions T2ICT.
It must be such a big relief.

I am planning to apply for ILR in the coming weeks.
Could you let me know the Leave of Absences letter format, please?
It would be very helpful.

Many thanks
Doshi
Thanks. I saw your another post in this column asking about the employee absence letter format. The wordings are all fine and would suggest you to include the absence dates (left the uk & returned to the uk in a table format) as well in the letter. Mine's same with the similar wordings, as it's a letter from my previous company.

t2ict

Post by t2ict » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:39 pm

Subbs wrote:Hi

Congrats, I am applying for my IlR in 2 months. I am going through lots of links to understand whats the process and what are the docs need to be submitted.

My base salary is around £43000 and gross is around £54000 and I came to UK in 2009 as a software test engineer Can you please confirm my salary meets the eligibility criteria for ILR and also could you please confirm what are the docs you submitted for cohabitation bcos I am planning to submit my depends ilr as well along with me.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Subbs
Hi,

As long as your salary meets the minimum threshold against your SOC code for your tier-2 visa, in the home office website (applicable ONLY to Tier-2 migrants), then you should be OK. For cohabs docs, have submitted previous 2x home office letters, 2xNHS cards, 2x bank statements (with 6 months gap), 2x council tax, 2x water bills (with 6 months gap), 1x UK born child certificate, 2x letting agent letters (with 6-8 months gap), voters registration letters and other NHS letters.

Hope this helps you.

DeeDos

Post by DeeDos » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:52 pm

Many thanks, T2ICT
Appreciate that you took the time to get back.

One other quick question:
If I am applying on 20th June 2014, should the leave table be year wise
as June 16 2014 - June 16 2013 and so on
Or
is June 2014 - June 2013 and so on enough?

Regards
Doshi

t2ict

Post by t2ict » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:58 pm

DeeDos wrote:Many thanks, T2ICT
Appreciate that you took the time to get back.

One other quick question:
If I am applying on 20th June 2014, should the leave table be year wise
as June 16 2014 - June 16 2013 and so on
Or
is June 2014 - June 2013 and so on enough?

Regards
Doshi
Hi,

It should be as per your UK absences dates based on your passport stamp dates, not necessarily the year wise.
Hope this helps you.
Cheers.

DeeDos

Post by DeeDos » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:34 pm

Many thanks T2ICT.
I will include it year wise to make it easier to read.

If you have the chance and time could you also see my SOC letter form employer posted in the forum, please?

Many thanks
Doshi

Subbs
Newly Registered

Post by Subbs » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:47 am

t2ict wrote:
Subbs wrote:Hi

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Subbs
Hi,

As long as your salary meets the minimum threshold against your SOC code for your tier-2 visa, in the home office website (applicable ONLY to Tier-2 migrants), then you should be OK. For cohabs docs, have submitted previous 2x home office letters, 2xNHS cards, 2x bank statements (with 6 months gap), 2x council tax, 2x water bills (with 6 months gap), 1x UK born child certificate, 2x letting agent letters (with 6-8 months gap), voters registration letters and other NHS letters.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks for your replay.

I just saw another post by Doshi, regarding leave absence letter. My company is giving me SOC letter and just mentioning one line saying all leave I have taken are paid leaves. Can you please confirm do I need to take separate letter or in the same letter mentioning all my details of leaves.

If you have format of the letter that would be really help full.i can request my company to use that.

Regards,
Subbu