ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed regarding visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Help needed regarding visitor visa

Post by ilrupdates » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:10 pm

Hi Dear Members,
I am living in the UK on ILR since 6 years and working full time with the same firm since 5 years.
I want to sponsor my real brother for family visit visa to UK who will stay for couple of weeks and will go back to his home country. my brother is working there at local shop and gets his wages in hand. He is not running any bank account there in his home country. He is married man and have 5 kids.

I have following queries in this matter.

1. As He himself has nothing in his bank account, the wages he earns spends on his family, So can I sponsor his visit by providing my personal bank details, pay slips etc? and by mentioning in sponsorship letter that I being his real brother will bear all the expenditures of his visit?

2. If the answer "yes" for the above query then how much minimum money I should have in my personal account?

3. what other documents must I provide along with the bank statements, pay slips, accommodation proof?

Thanks for reading the post and would be grateful for professional help.
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Help needed regarding visitor visa

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:27 am

1. Yes
2. No specific sum. Historical statements indicating a regular positive cash flow from income would normally be sufficient.
3. Yes.

bob-russell

Post by bob-russell » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:33 pm

I suspect the biggest obstacle is persuading the Entrance Clearance Officer of reasons to return. If the sponsor is paying for the visit and can demonstrate affordability the visitors income may not be that critical.
To get a visitor visa the applicant has to demonstrate to the ECO's satisfaction that the applicant is a genuine visitor, the visit is affordable and the visitor is likely to return without breaching the terms of the visa.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:47 pm

The sponsor could well be a millionaire but if the person being sponsored has no real motivation to return the visa will be refused. Even with five kids, a similar unskilled cash-in-hand (albeit illegal) job or jobs in the UK would provide a lot more money to be remitted back to support those hungry mouths. That is the mindset of the ECO which he will have to overcome in this application.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:48 pm

Thanks a lot and I grateful to both of you for reading my post and for the kind response.
Bob-Russell please can you advise regarding the assurance of visitor return matter? I mean how can provide assurance to the CEO that the visitor is genuine and will definitely return back to his home country.
The visitor has got wife and 5 kids back in his home country, is that not an enough evidence to support the guarantee of his return?
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:45 pm

ilrupdates wrote:The visitor has got wife and 5 kids back in his home country, is that not an enough evidence to support the guarantee of his return?
Generally it might, but without evidence that he can already support them in his current job (it seems he can't show his bank account or salary or historical cash flow) it may not be possible to determine whether his present circumstances are sufficient to his needs. Don't take this the wrong way as it's intended to be helpful. It's part of the culture in some parts of the world for a father to work overseas and remit money home to pay for the family and the ECO may wonder if working as an under-the-radar mini-cab driver or shelf-stacker in the UK is a better deal for the family.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:22 am

Thanks to all for the true and kind advice.
What I conclude from above replies is that my brother should run his own bank account and the money should be in and out.moreover I would advise him to request to his employer to pay him to his bank account.

Here an other question comes in mind, that if his employer refuses to pay directly to his bank account, and my brother runs his account as his own for at least an year, would it serve the purpose?

bob-russell

Post by bob-russell » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:52 pm

Reasons to return - property ownership, employment, settled family life (can be of limited value as in many cultures it is not unusual for family members to seek employment abroad, leaving children with relatives).
Not always an easy thing to demonstrate to sufficient ties to the home country.
If it is for a spouse or partner there mat be some merit in stating the applicant will return so as not to jeopardize further visa application!
The applicant has to build up a credible picture making it likely on the balance of probabilities that the applicant will return.
Many visas fail at this hurdle!

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:48 am

Thanks a lot of all of you.