ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help for for spouse EEA1 and EEA2

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nom_anwa
Newly Registered

Need help for for spouse EEA1 and EEA2

Post by nom_anwa » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:45 am

Hi every one i just found this board last week and all the people here are realy nice and help full.
I,m non EEU spouse my wife is nl citizen.
and i,m pr of CANADA.
I,m confused :shock: if i,ll go to visit my wife on vist visa to netherland can i apply for spouse permit for UK in UK COUNSULATE in NETHERLAND?
i think what i study on this board me and my wife can apply togather
EEA1 and EEA2 is that right.
Or should we come to uk on visit and apply for spouse permit there.
i think if its possible from netherland it ,ll be much better for us that after geting our spouse permit we can move to UK.
please help me we,ll realy appreciate that thanks. :? :?
Last edited by nom_anwa on Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:22 pm

Are you in Canada at the moment?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

limey

Post by limey » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:43 pm

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:33 pm

(For info, the OP told me in PM that he is in Canada.)

You must apply for your entry clearance in Canada or in the country of your nationality. The British Embassy in NL will not accept the application if you are only there as a visitor.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:32 pm

Further to your PM, I fail to understand what the complication is. Apply from Canada before you leave to go to NL. As long as you both then enter the UK within 6 months (and you don't come to the UK before she does) there is no problem.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:41 pm

VictoriaS wrote:You must apply for your entry clearance in Canada or in the country of your nationality. The British Embassy in NL will not accept the application if you are only there as a visitor.
Do you have a rules reference or real examples of them not accepting applications from non-EU spouses of EU citizens who are legally in an EU country on a visitors visa?

nom_anwa
Newly Registered

thanks for your time

Post by nom_anwa » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:38 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
VictoriaS wrote:You must apply for your entry clearance in Canada or in the country of your nationality. The British Embassy in NL will not accept the application if you are only there as a visitor.
Do you have a rules reference or real examples of them not accepting applications from non-EU spouses of EU citizens who are legally in an EU country on a visitors visa?
thanks for your time guys no i don,t see any thing but it mansion that the non family member shoud be legaly rsidence in a EEA state may be i should go and check with uk consulate in nl.
if any of you know any thinhg please let me know thanks.

nom_anwa
Newly Registered

Post by nom_anwa » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:46 pm

VictoriaS wrote:Further to your PM, I fail to understand what the complication is. Apply from Canada before you leave to go to NL. As long as you both then enter the UK within 6 months (and you don't come to the UK before she does) there is no problem.

Victoria
thanks victoria you mean if i apply from canada i live in vancouver western part of canada and the application ,ll go to ottawa as far i know i have to submit my passport with application or if i send seritied copies of my passport then i fly to nl what gonna happen next if they ,ll ask me any interview or documents. :(

nom_anwa
Newly Registered

Post by nom_anwa » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:09 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
I had experience in 2004 i was visiting nl and i applied for uk visit visa they told me its batter if i apply from canada and they said you can apply from here but its waist of time and money and its gonna take long time to get dissinon. i did apply and i was there almost 4 weeks in nl but never recieved any answer from uk consulate. after that in 2005 i applied from canada and i got my visit visa in 10 working days.