ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at Solihull PEO on 21st Feb 2014

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Su51
Newly Registered

ILR success at Solihull PEO on 21st Feb 2014

Post by Su51 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:06 pm

Hi gurus, seniors and other members

First of all I would like to thank all the administrator, gurus, seniors and other members in this forum, this forum helped me alot in successfully presenting my case to the immigration board.

I overspent more than 12 days than the stipulated 180 days/year due to compelling and compassionate reasons.

My experience in the PEO:

We went an hour earlier than the stipulated time, as we are staying an hour and half distance away from Solihull PEO started early in the morning for 10:05 appointment. Reached Solihull at 07:10 and parked in Touchwood shopping complex (John Lewis car park) suggested here in the forum. Stayed in the car and went to PEO, which 5 min walk from the car park at 09:15. We were ushered immediately in to the waiting area after all the checkups, we were asked to fill a form and after 10 min of submitting it, someone (case worker I presume) came and asked all our documents and intimated us that she needs them to build up the case. I gave all the documents and told her that I have extra evidence with me, if needed. She took all the documents and left. After 30-45min another employee came and ushered us to take biometrics, she's very supportive and helpful as I have a 3Yr. old son with me and loss of sleep and hunger, he's very cranky by that time, she's very helpful and got all our details with ease, not a small hint of frustration, by that time we were totally knackered. We were told to go out for couple of hours and should come back after getting a call from the PEO. We went to shopping complex did a bit of shopping and went to Starbucks had lunch and slept for some time on the sofas. At the time of getting nervous, I got a call from the PEO that my application has been approved and should come and collect the original documents and our passports, a great relief. We went to the office and collected the documents and approval letters.

Lessons learned:
Don't book early slots and don't book appointments far away from your residence, if booked reach the PEO before night if you are far away. We couldn't do that for personal reasons.

As all said and done, it was a walk in the park in the end, coz of the help I got from this forum.

The documents submitted:
1. Payment form
2. Personal Cover Letter to describe the reason for absence.
3. Application form
Financial status:
4. 12 months bank statements
5. 12 months payslips and 5 yrs P60s as extra just in case
6. Letter from employer detailing my annul holidays outside UK
7. Letters from employer for work trips
Compassionate:
8. Letter from doctor
9.Diagnostic reports
10. Letter from NHS
Home office documents:
11. Life in UK pass copies for me and my spouse
12. Points based calculator printout to show my degree is valid
13. My spouse degree certificate studied in UK
Cohabitation
14. 5 years council statements
15. HMRC documents of my dependent
16. NHS letter of mine.
17. Employer letter of my dependent. and 2 year credit card statements of my dependent and 2 year bank statements of mine from another bank just in case didn't submit them though.

Photocopies of all the documents including passports and BRP except the application form, payment sheet and personal cover letter

and lots of other documentation evidence just in case... luckily not required at all.

PS: just give them enough documentation no need of extra evidence.

A humble and heartfelt thanks to the administrators, all the gurus and seniors.

All the best for future application holders.

Best wishes
su51

pinkpop

Re: ILR success at Solihull PEO on 21st Feb 2014

Post by pinkpop » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:40 pm

Congrats! Thanks for sharing information.

Neesheel
India

Post by Neesheel » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:05 am

Hi, Congratulations

Did u apply as Tier 1?

And did they take p60's for previous years?

vijaygoturu
Newly Registered

Post by vijaygoturu » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:56 am

Many Congrats for your ILR,

I am also have same situation exceeded 180 days in a year because of health problem.

Booked appointment in first week of march, But sill waiting for proper advice and documentation.
I have Medical certificate and fitness letter from doctor.. Do i need to include All reports scan report/Diagnose reports?

Also can you send me the Personal Cover Letter to describe the reason.

Thanks Again.

Su51
Newly Registered

Post by Su51 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:28 pm

vijaygoturu wrote:Many Congrats for your ILR,

I am also have same situation exceeded 180 days in a year because of health problem.

Booked appointment in first week of march, But sill waiting for proper advice and documentation.
I have Medical certificate and fitness letter from doctor.. Do i need to include All reports scan report/Diagnose reports?

Also can you send me the Personal Cover Letter to describe the reason.

Thanks Again.
Hi Vijaygoturu

Take all the documents and give them as evidence, it's better to be in excess than to repent later. They will take only those needed anyway.

Hope this helps and all the best for ur application

best wishes
su51

Su51
Newly Registered

Post by Su51 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:39 am

Neesheel wrote:Hi, Congratulations

Did u apply as Tier 1?

And did they take p60's for previous years?
Hi Neesheel

Yes, I applied as Tier 1 General visa holder. I took all the 5 year P60s, although not required, I just submitted them. I also took 5 year summary of P60s from HMRC as I misplaced one year P60.

hope this helps

best wishes
su51

chandu_246

Post by chandu_246 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:26 pm

Hi,

Congrats on getting ILR.

I am looking for family appointments in Solihull PEO and unable to book till now.I can see individual appointments but unable to see anything, when I add dependents.

Did you try anything different to book PEO appointment for family?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Chandra

Su51
Newly Registered

Post by Su51 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:06 am

chandu_246 wrote:Hi,

Congrats on getting ILR.

I am looking for family appointments in Solihull PEO and unable to book till now.I can see individual appointments but unable to see anything, when I add dependents.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Chandra
Hi Chandra

I looked every day and some days almost on an hourly basis, I started looking since November to see the pattern and luckily I got an appointment on 21st. I booked an appointment on 20th at Croydon but changed it when I saw the availability in Solihull.

Keep couple of options open and check on a regular basis, it's a pain to fill all the details every time but that's the way it is unfortunately.

All the best and best wishes

Su51

chowkal

Post by chowkal » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:11 am

Congratulations

vijaygoturu
Newly Registered

Post by vijaygoturu » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:07 pm

Thansk for your response Su51.

Can you please share format of Personal letter that you showed for absences.

Thanks

chandu_246

Post by chandu_246 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:56 pm

Su51 wrote:
chandu_246 wrote:Hi,

Congrats on getting ILR.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Chandra
Hi Chandra

I looked every day and some days almost on an hourly basis, I started looking since November to see the pattern and luckily I got an appointment on 21st. I booked an appointment on 20th at Croydon but changed it when I saw the availability in Solihull.

Keep couple of options open and check on a regular basis, it's a pain to fill all the details every time but that's the way it is unfortunately.

All the best and best wishes

Su51
Hi Su51,

Thanks for your quick response and help.

Regards,
Chandra

vijaygoturu
Newly Registered

Post by vijaygoturu » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:31 pm

Good News, My ILR Granted with >180 days absence during continuous period.
Thanks SU51 for your help.

sroy
Newly Registered

Post by sroy » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:19 pm

Hi,

Congrats on ILR. Were you asked for proof of maintenance funds?

vijaygoturu
Newly Registered

Post by vijaygoturu » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:29 pm

I maintained funds in my Account, But i didnt mention any where in my aplication...
I think this is not a mandatory for ILR.

UKVisit
India

Post by UKVisit » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:28 pm

Hi Friends,

Can you please share format of Personal letter that you showed for absences and list other evidence document which you used in this regard.

Thanks

ramarajp
Newly Registered

Post by ramarajp » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:49 pm

vijaygoturu wrote:Good News, My ILR Granted with >180 days absence during continuous period.
Thanks SU51 for your help.
Hi vijaygoturu,

Can you please pm your contact number or personal email id. am also having >180 days of absence and need to discuss with you reg that.

Thanks.

Regards,
Prabhu