ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2, Emergency Passport vs Regular Passport

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

papimauri
Newly Registered

EEA2, Emergency Passport vs Regular Passport

Post by papimauri » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:25 pm

Hi all,

I am a EU citizen (Poland), and my partner is applying for EEA2.

I have to travel to the USA soon after submitting the application, and therefore have obtained an emergency passport as there wouldn't be enough time to request it back.

Which passport should I use for each purpose? Should/can I use my emergency passport as my form of ID for my partner's EEA2 application and the regular one for traveling -- or should I do it the other way around?

Thank you in advance!

Hubba

Re: EEA2, Emergency Passport vs Regular Passport

Post by Hubba » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:55 am

papimauri wrote:Hi all,

I am a EU citizen (Poland), and my partner is applying for EEA2.

I have to travel to the USA soon after submitting the application, and therefore have obtained an emergency passport as there wouldn't be enough time to request it back.

Which passport should I use for each purpose? Should/can I use my emergency passport as my form of ID for my partner's EEA2 application and the regular one for traveling -- or should I do it the other way around?

Thank you in advance!
Hi Papimauri,

It should be the other way around. You should use the regular passport for ther EEA2 application and the emergency passport for your travel. I'm not sure what would be Home Office's reaction to the submission of a emergency passport, so better err on the safe side. The US border should accept the emergency passport without any problems.