ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

B1 exam or NARIC for BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chongkie
Newly Registered

B1 exam or NARIC for BC

Post by chongkie » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:46 pm

Hi All,

Sorry if I have posted it on a wrong headings...need some help..

I am about to apply for BC and need to complete an english language assessment..
Will you be able to advise me on what route to take, shall I go for NARIC or take the B1 exam.

If you are to advise me to take the B1 exam, will you be able to provide me some test legit test centers..
most of the school I contacted charge £250 per head..just to take the exam...its to expensive..

Hope you can help....

Thanks guys...

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Re: B1 exam or NARIC for BC

Post by go2khurram » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:23 pm

chongkie wrote:Hi All,

Sorry if I have posted it on a wrong headings...need some help..

I am about to apply for BC and need to complete an english language assessment..
Will you be able to advise me on what route to take, shall I go for NARIC or take the B1 exam.

If you are to advise me to take the B1 exam, will you be able to provide me some test legit test centers..
most of the school I contacted charge £250 per head..just to take the exam...its to expensive..

Hope you can help....

Thanks guys...

If you have degree equivalent to UK bachelor degree and taught in english and also have a certificate from your institute confirming your degree is taught is english ... go for NARIC otherwise hassle free option is to get the B1 Qualification.

The cheapest and easiest option available in the market cost you £125 for Trinity GESE Grade 5 . This is 10 min verbal discussion and you will get the required certificate . Check this English Exam Centerr website for more detsils
*please do not take this as professional advice**

chongkie
Newly Registered

Post by chongkie » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:45 am

many thanks go2khurram...yes i have seen the trinity GESE grade 5..i was actually reading their site before i open the forum..
i guess you are right...takling the B1 exam is hassle free...thanks for the advise...cheers..

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:49 am

chongkie wrote:many thanks go2khurram...yes i have seen the trinity GESE grade 5..i was actually reading their site before i open the forum..
i guess you are right...takling the B1 exam is hassle free...thanks for the advise...cheers..

Cheers mate

chongkie
Newly Registered

Post by chongkie » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:10 pm

another one guys....is there truth about this...

If NARIC has accepted that your degree was tought / reserched in english, is this enough to replace the B1 exam for BRITISH CITIZENSHIP?

Any thoughts about this..experience anyone....

please note that, this is purely NARIC English Assessment service only...nothing to do with the below STATEMENT..
..."confirmed by UK NARIC as the equivalent of a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree in the UK"
which I know will cost another £55.00.

Cheers guys...

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:29 pm

chongkie wrote:another one guys....is there truth about this...

If NARIC has accepted that your degree was tought / reserched in english, is this enough to replace the B1 exam for BRITISH CITIZENSHIP?

Any thoughts about this..experience anyone....

please note that, this is purely NARIC English Assessment service only...nothing to do with the below STATEMENT..
..."confirmed by UK NARIC as the equivalent of a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree in the UK"
which I know will cost another £55.00.

Cheers guys...

If you want to claim the Knowledge of language using your degree then you need
UK NARIC Statement of Comparability confirming your degree is equivilent to Bachelor's degree or higher and you also need UK NARIC’s English Language Assessment. Each cost £55.20 so both cost you £110.40

chongkie
Newly Registered

Post by chongkie » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:18 pm

again..many thanks go2khurram...I was just confirming my understanding..

me and my wife decided to go with Trinity B1 exam...less hassle as you have mentioned..

Thanks mate..you are such a good help..

cheers..