ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependent vs FLR m

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nigriv
Newly Registered

PBS dependent vs FLR m

Post by Nigriv » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:23 pm

Hello guys
I have successfully completed my 5 years under tier 1 general and was granted ILR as well. However my wife came to uk last year June 2013 on a PBS dependent visa which is due to expire on 16 th july 2014.
I know I can either apply for her again as PBS dependent or can apply under FLR m. Can anyone tell me pro and cons of both. Obviously PBS dependent is more money but does this have benefits in long run and finally when will my wife qualify for ILR.
Many thanks in advance

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: PBS dependent vs FLR m

Post by Amber » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:25 pm

Under PBS dep she'll be able to settle in 2018 as apposed to 2019. Moreover, FLR(M) has an A1 English and Financial Requirement.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Nigriv
Newly Registered

Post by Nigriv » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:43 pm

Thanks Amber so will she get 2,3 or 4 years on her extension. And also if one foes for FLR m the financial requirement is this combine of mine and hers or just mine as main application

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:59 pm

3 years for PBS extension. The financial requirement can be combined income insofar as you are both eligible to work.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Nigriv
Newly Registered

Post by Nigriv » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:17 pm

If she gets 3 years extension that will take her to 2017 only so she has to apply for one more extension again before she is eligible for ILR.
As far as the English requirements for FLR m are concerned she has got valid IELTS of 7.5 from India that should do

mirzaashraf
Newly Registered

Post by mirzaashraf » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:36 am

Dear Amber,

Could you please advise on the following.

I have got ILR on 10 year route in JUne 2014, My wife is due to apply for FLR(M) and just want to know a couple of things,

1) What is required to meet Financial Requirement. I am full-time employed and she is a housewife.
2) To meet English requirement, we have just followed the Guidance notes option which states

"You have an academic qualification recognised by UK NARIC as equivalent to the standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK. This must have been taught in English."

To fulfill above we have done the following...
a) She has had her Bachelor/Master Degrees(Pakistan) endorsed by UKNARIC which proves that degrees obtained from Pakistan are equivalent to UK Bachelor's degree
b) We have got letters from Universities in Pakistan stating that 'Medium of instruction was English and so'

I will appreciate if you can advise us on points 1 and 2 above.

Thanks
M

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:33 pm

1. Depends if you have dep children who are not settled or British, if not. £18600 Gross.

2. See if she's awarded 20 or more points for qualification and 10 for English Skills on the PBS calculator (T1).

mirzaashraf
Newly Registered

Post by mirzaashraf » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:43 pm

Thanks Amber,

1) One child 4 yrs old, applied for British Registration as I am on ILR. Then how much GROSS INCOME??
2) Any Maintenance funds do I need to show??
3) She has got 35 for qualification. Calculator doesn't allow to select the aforementioned qualification. So I think it's 0 for English.

Just wondering do we still need to follow PBS Calculator for DEPENDENTS or follow guidance notes (below).
In guidance notes they didn't mention about using PBS Calculator. Please advise.

"You have an academic qualification recognised by UK NARIC as equivalent to the standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK. This must have been taught in English."

Many Thanks Again.