ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa refused

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Student Visa refused

Post by RAJ2007 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:31 am

Could someone urgently help my friend.

My friend visa is refused on the basis of her intertion to stay acc to home fooice
1. My friend is doing phd and is enrolled for 7yrs. She has submitted her thesis and attended the viva. She was told to do amendment by her external examiners and re-submit the the thesis by the middle of next year. She has attached a letter from the University explaning the situation in detail. I am surprised how could they judge her acdemic ability? In case of PhD, re-submission of PhD thesis is not uncommon and it could happen to anyone (even to UK students). she has been given 15days to appeal.

Please someone advice what to do? Also, please reccomend some good immigration lawyer?

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:02 pm

Immigration advisors can be found on www.oisc.gov.uk

It sounds as though she may have good grounds for appeal.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

William Blake
Member of Standing

Post by William Blake » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:40 pm

What was the reason for the refusal?
Every night and every morn
Some to misery are born.
Every morn and every night
Some are born to sweet delight.
Some are born to sweet delight,
Some are born to endless night

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:33 am

reason for refusal-

-not able to follow the course
-not intend to follow the course
-not intend to leave UK
-insufficient evidence of passing examination

Though they are not right. She has submitted her thesis 8 moths ago and was examined last May and was asked to do some amendment and she will re-examined next year May.

Previously she was given extension for writing up the thesis two time. I think the mistake she has done is that she has again ticked 'writing up thesis' on the FLr(S), which i believe she should have ticked ' re-sit of exam'. I think that must have confused the case worker and he/she thought she is again writing the thesis.

Someone advised her that when she appeals against it , she should ask for a review be fore the appeal. Coud some one tell how could she do that? Do you think she will win the appeal? What sort of documents she should attach?