ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sophia20

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by sophia20 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:50 pm

And guess wht they didn't even return our documents back either just refusal letter, is that normal?!?!

Tru nadizee hope u hear soon with gud news!
I think that's just crap cz tax was paid then lol
Im not chasing my employer musriz lol my "dad" can lol
I've had enuff today they can do what they want lol

Xiko

Post by Xiko » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:53 pm

sophia20 wrote:And guess wht they didn't even return our documents back either just refusal letter, is that normal?!?!

Tru nadizee hope u hear soon with gud news!
I think that's just crap cz tax was paid then lol
Im not chasing my employer musriz lol my "dad" can lol
I've had enuff today they can do what they want lol
Very sorry to hear Sophia20 may Allah give u sabar, If you dont mind was your employment continuous even after application was your employer paying tax?

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:43 pm

That's sad Sophia. Surely your p60 should provide information about your employment, income earned, tax etc..

What I would do in your situation is contact the HMRC and get a letter from them stating you have paid tax, how much you've paid, the details of your employment they have etc.. Then send that to UKVI and see what happens. If you applied via CAT A and meet the income threshold they should allow your husbands Visa.

Was that the only reason for refusal?

mooty

Post by mooty » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:59 pm

Any last minute advice,things to watch out at VAF centre in Lahore? got an appointment tomorrow for settlement visa.

KSAli

Post by KSAli » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:25 pm

mooty wrote:Any last minute advice,things to watch out at VAF centre in Lahore? got an appointment tomorrow for settlement visa.
I hope u have photocopied each and every paper u'll be providing as ur supporting documents.
Keep ur passport, 2 passport sized photos, appointment confirmation letter on top of ur folder bcz these will be needed first.
Plz ask them how much time does it take for the application to go under process after submission. In how many days will they send an acknowledgement email to us.
Thanks and Good Luck :)
Applied (Karachi): 20th September 2013
Refused: 2nd April'14
Re-applied: 6th June'14
Refused: 21st Nov'14
Appealed: 8th Dec'14
Call from BHC & call in letter: 25th Feb'15
RFC: 10th March'15
Collected: 10th March'15
VISA STAMPED Alhumdulilah.

mooty

Post by mooty » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:33 pm

Thanks a lot

Haze77

Post by Haze77 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:41 pm

mooty wrote:Any last minute advice,things to watch out at VAF centre in Lahore? got an appointment tomorrow for settlement visa.

Hi. We also needed the print out of the email confirming payment. Thanks

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:09 pm

SW35 wrote:Salam everyone,

My husband collected vpassport and visa gtanted, Aalhamdulillah.
Congratulations !
Submitted Application: Feb 2012
Application Refused: Jul 2012
Appealed: Unsuccessfull
Reapplied: 27th Sep 2013
Application hold - Jan 2014
RFC: 26th August 2014
Result: Alhamdulillah Visa Granted - All thanks to Allah and your prayers

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:13 pm

sophia20 wrote:Hi everyone,
Husband got rfc today lol
Refused! Lol
Someting about tax not being paid lol
Was stamped last month on 28th, just got called today to collect it! Great!!
Sorry to hear about refusal. May Allah give you sabr during this difficult time. Why did they refuse visa, was your tax not up to date?

If your tax was up to date maybe its best to appeal, but bear in mind that appeal process drags ! I really hope all works out for you. Im also suffering because of the hands of BHC, i just hope it all ends now.
Submitted Application: Feb 2012
Application Refused: Jul 2012
Appealed: Unsuccessfull
Reapplied: 27th Sep 2013
Application hold - Jan 2014
RFC: 26th August 2014
Result: Alhamdulillah Visa Granted - All thanks to Allah and your prayers

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:12 am

l[/quote]

Very sorry to hear Sophia20 may Allah give u sabar, If you dont mind was your employment continuous even after application was your employer paying tax?[/quote]

Thanks xiko lol no my employment wasn't continuous after 6 mnths, I know obviously they would refuse it lol

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:23 am

prayforus wrote:That's sad Sophia. Surely your p60 should provide information about your employment, income earned, tax etc..

What I would do in your situation is contact the HMRC and get a letter from them stating you have paid tax, how much you've paid, the details of your employment they have etc.. Then send that to UKVI and see what happens. If you applied via CAT A and meet the income threshold they should allow your husbands Visa.

Was that the only reason for refusal?
I know but I doubt anything can be done now, we did give p60, tax was paid 6 months lol but the thing is they're claiming there's no record of my employment at all, or any tax paid lol
Can I still send a letter from hmrc to ukvi abt tax even after refusal?

Oh the other things were they didn't believe I met the income threshold! When the paperwork showed I had earned over 11000 in 6 months
And apparently I had a payslip a month before it stated when I started work lol I wonder who's fault that is! Lol so no explanation abt that either

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:36 am

ALWAYSHOPE wrote:
Refused! Lol
Sorry to hear about refusal. May Allah give you sabr during this difficult time. Why did they refuse visa, was your tax not up to date?

If your tax was up to date maybe its best to appeal, but bear in mind that appeal process drags ! I really hope all works out for you. Im also suffering because of the hands of BHC, i just hope it all ends now.
Yeh it was tax not paid at all and no employment record , not meeting income threshold and wrong date for when I started work lol wt a mess lol
I don't know if were gonna appeal, Tru that's wht I told my dad it drags on but apparently tax can still get paid past ten months!?! According to "dad"! Lol
Thanks for your kind words :) don't give up!
I guess its just another test for us,
I hope eveyone gets good news soon insha allah!!!

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:52 am

Refused! Lol
I'm really sorry to hear, don't worry and reapply,better than appeal. Also plz change your name to LOL.Matter is serious and you keep laughing.All the Best.
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:12 am

sophia20 wrote: I know but I doubt anything can be done now, we did give p60, tax was paid 6 months lol but the thing is they're claiming there's no record of my employment at all, or any tax paid lol
Can I still send a letter from hmrc to ukvi abt tax even after refusal?

Oh the other things were they didn't believe I met the income threshold! When the paperwork showed I had earned over 11000 in 6 months
And apparently I had a payslip a month before it stated when I started work lol I wonder who's fault that is! Lol so no explanation abt that either
Well HMRC will have a record of your employment. As long as your employment was declared by your employer. Then your employer should have paid your employee tax, N.I tax, income tax. This should be stated on your p60 too.

The payslip before work, it may just be a error of the date. HMRC are the only people that can provide information on when you started the job/taxes/etc..

If you left work after applying, you shouldn't have done so, unless you were made redundant.

People fail to realise, even though when you apply it depends on your circumstances at the time of application, UKVI do check to see if your in employment. They can ask all this information from previous employers, HMRC etc..

You can still send the HMRC letter to the UKVI, because it shows your situation previously to the application. Anything after the application isn't counted. If I was you, I'd speak to your employer, and also HMRC. Get what you need and send it off to the UKVI. Be quick as if I recall correctly, they give you 3 weeks to send evidence that will support the application to grant the visa.

Crimbo111
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Crimbo111 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:39 am

Alhumdulillah, I received my visa today.

I applied at Lahore, My timelines are :

Online Submission : 20th May
Bio-metric and documents submission : 27th May
Visa Granted : 10th June
Informed/ Documents collected: 12th June

Now for British summer :)

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:56 am

MashAllah, great news Crimbo. Very fast processing times. Could it be new applications are being sent to the UKVI Decision making centres, and old applications are still being looked at by BHC in Islamabad? Seems like it to me. Must be a back log at the BHC.

Could you also tell us which method you used to apply? CAT A, B, etc..?

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:58 am

Crimbo111 wrote:Alhumdulillah, I received my visa today.

I applied at Lahore, My timelines are :

Online Submission : 20th May
Bio-metric and documents submission : 27th May
Visa Granted : 10th June
Informed/ Documents collected: 12th June

Now for British summer :)
Congratulations you've had a very quick turnaround.
All the best for the future.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Called for Interview 3rd July 2014
ALHAMDHULILLAH VISA GRANTED SAME DAY
Total 117 working days

Crimbo111
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Crimbo111 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:11 pm

prayforus wrote:MashAllah, great news Crimbo. Very fast processing times. Could it be new applications are being sent to the UKVI Decision making centres, and old applications are still being looked at by BHC in Islamabad? Seems like it to me. Must be a back log at the BHC.

Could you also tell us which method you used to apply? CAT A, B, etc..?
I applied under CAT A. Our case was very straightforward i.e. Sponsor earning 32k , No dependent children etc .

The hard-stamped on visa (which is stamped on Visa says BHC Islamabad), hope that helps.

And Thanks all :)

magicman316

Post by magicman316 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:13 pm

My wife applied in Islamabad on 27th May.

I e-mailed last night for an update and got this e-mail:
Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry service. I have checked the status of your visa application and a decision in your application has been delayed whilst further enquiries are conducted. This means your application is still in the processing and not yet completed. We can not provide you with an exact date as to when you will get your passport back. In general up to 12 weeks for non settlement cases and 24 weeks for settlement cases, respectively. We hope that this has answered your query.
Please can you tell me what you make of this response? What kind of checks may be taking place? We applied under not needing to meet financial requirement due to DLA, but I am employed and gave 12 months payslips, 2 years p60s, employment confirmation, savings of 35k plus 12 year month bank statements showing savings and salary, DLA proof, property inspection report etc etc.

Just wondering how long you think these checks may take, and if they are checking me out in the UK or wife in pak, i.e. Nikanama or English test/tb test etc? How long do you think the wait could be? And is this a negative response to get or normal?
27/5/14 - Applied in Islamabad
12/06/14 - Decision Delayed (Further Enquiries)
13/06/14 - Email & Call from VAC to collect Passport
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!

mooty

Post by mooty » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:16 pm

System failure at all VAF centres until further notice in Pakistan.

My wife was unable to submit her document and biometrics due to the problem in their system. Extremely annoying! Now she is having to commute 120 miles again to submit documents. She waited in the VAF Lahore centre for almost 4 hours but unable to submit. have someone else experienced similar issues today?

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:06 pm

magicman316 wrote:My wife applied in Islamabad on 27th May.

I e-mailed last night for an update and got this e-mail:
Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry service. I have checked the status of your visa application and a decision in your application has been delayed whilst further enquiries are conducted. This means your application is still in the processing and not yet completed. We can not provide you with an exact date as to when you will get your passport back. In general up to 12 weeks for non settlement cases and 24 weeks for settlement cases, respectively. We hope that this has answered your query.
Please can you tell me what you make of this response? What kind of checks may be taking place? We applied under not needing to meet financial requirement due to DLA, but I am employed and gave 12 months payslips, 2 years p60s, employment confirmation, savings of 35k plus 12 year month bank statements showing savings and salary, DLA proof, property inspection report etc etc.

Just wondering how long you think these checks may take, and if they are checking me out in the UK or wife in pak, i.e. Nikanama or English test/tb test etc? How long do you think the wait could be? And is this a negative response to get or normal?
I would say contact them once 12 weeks complete or after 24,weeks.you are going to get same response. they will contact you it's ready.
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

magicman316

Post by magicman316 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:30 pm

Decision delayed while further enquiries conducted...

Is this something to be worried about?
What could this really mean?

Is it like they are emailing my employer to check i work there etc?

Anyone had same thing lately and with what outcomr?

Thanks.
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:33 pm

What that means is they are conducting more enquires with the documents you submitted. This could mean they are contacting banks, HMRC, employer etc..Nothing to be worried about, people just need to have more patience. Once your documents are ready for collection they will contact you.

Nadizee

Post by Nadizee » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:18 pm

Hi all Asslam-u-alykum
I receved acknowledgment letter fom BHC ibd tht they reced my additional documents nd fwrded to relevant section for further process,,,
Pls pls pls pls evryone do pray for me
Want to spend Ramadan with my hubby as he is on his own,,,
Need ur loads of prayers

magicman316

Post by magicman316 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:42 pm

I suppose that it's a positive thing that they are conducting further enquiries. At least it means they have looked at my case and its only been just over 2 weeks since submission.

Realistially speaking if they had to contact say bank or HMRC/Employer they would just get onto doing that straight away and then fingers crossed issue visa and send back to VAF centre for collection, so should expect a fairly quick turnaround I'd imagine??
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!