ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintainence of Funds more than 28days

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

siva77

Maintainence of Funds more than 28days

Post by siva77 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:20 pm

Hi All,

I am in UK on psw visa and i want to apply for student visa. I want to maintain Living expeneses for myself and 2 dependents (20k arrpoximetly) for 28days, after 28days i will get the statment for 28days and then want to withdraw some funds. so my question is,
IS IT ALRIGHT TO WITHDRAW MAINTAINENCE FUNDS AFTER 28DAYS OR SHOULD I MAINTAIN UNTIL I GET THE VISA.

Thank You in advance

Siva

gulrose786

Re: Maintainence of Funds more than 28days

Post by gulrose786 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:48 pm

read tier 4 policy guidance.

shaq1

Post by shaq1 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:49 pm

siva77 wrote:Hi All,

I am in UK on psw visa and i want to apply for student visa. I want to maintain Living expeneses for myself and 2 dependents (20k arrpoximetly) for 28days, after 28days i will get the statment for 28days and then want to withdraw some funds. so my question is,
IS IT ALRIGHT TO WITHDRAW MAINTAINENCE FUNDS AFTER 28DAYS OR SHOULD I MAINTAIN UNTIL I GET THE VISA.

Thank You in advance

Siva
You have to wait till they make the decision. So suppose you have withdraw some money and they check on the next day with your bank that you do not have sufficient amount they will refuse your visa. As you do not know when they will make the decision so you should better keep the money until you have the confirmation that you get the visa

siva77

Post by siva77 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:44 pm

@shaq1 ,

Thank you for your reply, if i have to maintain the fund until i get the decision then why did ukba said minimum 28days maintainence, they could have said maintain until we make the decision, because at the end of the day that fund is for our living expenses and after 28days we have to pay our bills, so i have to withdraw money from that maintainence fund, if that makes any sense.. please clarify me

@glurose786

Thank you for your comment, i read the rule and i still want to confirm from some seniors, if you know please let me know if i can start withdrawing funds after 28days, if you are not sure ur self then its alright, anyways thank you.

shaq1

Post by shaq1 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:23 am

siva77 wrote:@shaq1 ,

Thank you for your reply, if i have to maintain the fund until i get the decision then why did ukba said minimum 28days maintainence, they could have said maintain until we make the decision, because at the end of the day that fund is for our living expenses and after 28days we have to pay our bills, so i have to withdraw money from that maintainence fund, if that makes any sense.. please clarify me
You have a point but please see the policy guidance -
The money you show us must be for your use for studying and living in the UK. The full
amount of this money – which should be held in the manner specified in this guidance - must
continue to be available to you after your application is made, except for any money you
have to pay for course fees and living costs.
For example, you should retain the full amount of money you have shown us in your bank
account, minus the balance you have paid for your course fees.
Although they have said you can use the money for living costs but there were many cases when they have checked balance and on a particular day and find out the fund is below the required amount and they refused the visa based on that. So if you have option then keep that money until you receive the decision.