ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa for a relative

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thunderera

Visitor visa for a relative

Post by thunderera » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:07 am

Hi,
I'm trying to bring my mother's sister for a short holiday. When i read the gov.uk web site an aunt doesn't fall in to family visa category. But in previous discussion forums it mentions that an aunt or an uncle qualifies under family visitor rule. Can someone confirm if this is not valid now?

Also she is currently unemployed and looks after her older mother as the main care taker. Also she has a house/property in her name and depend on family support. I'm planning to sponsor her for all the expenses for the visit here. Do you think it will be a problem that she is unemployed? Also what sort of documents I should provide to show that she is related to me?

Many thanks in advance.