ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

1just
Newly Registered

Re: May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by 1just » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:25 am

I rang them and was told they keep documents till end, also check online- says clearly if you request your documents you need to withdraw application. If you have different info can you please give me telephone number you have? I rang Croydon office, they don't look at specific file, it's just general helpline I think.

ayoubtt

Post by ayoubtt » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:37 am

1just wrote:I rang them and was told they keep documents till end, also check online- says clearly if you request your documents you need to withdraw application. If you have different info can you please give me telephone number you have? I rang Croydon office, they don't look at specific file, it's just general helpline I think.
Yes from my experience with other visa related applications that is the case that you need to withdraw the application and forfeit the fee. But The naturalisation department is different. Call them direct on 03001232253. You may have to call a few dozen times before you get through because a lot of people call them every single day as soon as they post their application just to get the same answer and in doing so it effects people with genuine enquires or problems from getting through and getting a straight answer from annoyed staff trying to do their work.

Though this is not relevant to your case but it might help others, I was told by NCS that if you have Home office issued documents you dont need to submit originals, photocopies will do. e.g. British passport, Biometric residence card, home office letters etc.

1just
Newly Registered

Post by 1just » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:54 am

Thats the same number I've got. And was trying to get my documents thru their link on gov site. I don't know, maybe your case is different. Have actually rang them with request of sending your documents or you just think it's possible?

ayoubtt

Post by ayoubtt » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:01 am

1just wrote:Thats the same number I've got. And was trying to get my documents thru their link on gov site. I don't know, maybe your case is different. Have actually rang them with request of sending your documents or you just think it's possible?
Could be that my circumstances were different, the actual application was for my daughter only and I requested my British passport back.

skilled_migrant

Post by skilled_migrant » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:38 am

afauk
Date of application: 04/04/2014
Date approval received: 9th June 2014 (approval date on the letter 3rd June 2014)

Mukungubila
Date of application: 14/04/2014
Date approval received: 11/06/2014 (dated 09/06/2014)

drhdrhdrhdrh
Date of application: 14/04/14
Date approval received: 09/06/14

techie78
Date of application: 29/04/2014
Date approval received: 11/06/2014 ( dated 03/06/2014)

A lot of variation in processing time ! What should we make of it?

mcclane25
Newly Registered

Post by mcclane25 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:02 pm

While we all wait, Any idea if there is an extra cost for ceremony?

1just
Newly Registered

Post by 1just » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:04 pm

I checked, if you group one it's free, waiting time depending on time lines in your council, if you do individual costs around £130 and is fast.

skilled_migrant

Post by skilled_migrant » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:49 pm

mcclane25 wrote:While we all wait, Any idea if there is an extra cost for ceremony?
Ceremony fee is £80 which is included in your naturalization application. So you need not to pay anything more.

But you can arrange private ceremony for which you have to pay. The fee varies from council to council.

Waltham Forest
If the date is inconvenient for you Waltham Forest Register office can arrange a private ceremony for you for a £80 fee.

Birmingham
A private ceremony costs £310 and can take place on a weekday at the Register Office, subject to room and staff availability. We can not guarantee that you will be offered a Private Ceremony at an earlier date than the ceremony allocated to you.

1just
Newly Registered

Post by 1just » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:54 pm

Skilled_migrant, just been listening on the radio and tv, passport office back logged terribly, I know it's different dep but might be same time line, I posted earlier- yes in May not many applications but April was a LOT, seems I was right, April applications approved now only, we may look into same, 2 months wait:(

Mukungubila
Newly Registered

Post by Mukungubila » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:45 pm

afauk
Date of application: 04/04/2014
Date approval received: 9th June 2014 (approval date on the letter 3rd June 2014)

Mukungubila
Date of application: 14/04/2014
Date approval received: 11/06/2014 (dated 09/06/2014)

drhdrhdrhdrh
Date of application: 14/04/14
Date approval received: 09/06/14

techie78
Date of application: 29/04/2014
Date approval received: 11/06/2014 ( dated 03/06/2014)

A lot of variation in processing time ! What should we make of it?

@Skill_migrant: My application lasted that long just because they sent a request for further evidence for the language criteria. I didn't include my degree certificate (to prove that I meet that requirement. but I think the average waiting time is 40 days if you insert a special delivery return envelop along with your application

1just
Newly Registered

Post by 1just » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:53 pm

Hmmm, 40 days you say, should be around those days for me. But I have included everything I could and more. Let's just hope it won't take much longer and mess in their offices isn't including naturalisation dep. Also I think it's nice of them contacting some people to provide missing docs, they could just refuse and cash money as they say on website:)

MunchkinMoo
Newly Registered

Post by MunchkinMoo » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:39 am

****UPDATE 2****
Eligibility criteria: 5 YEAR ANCESTRAL VISA + 1YR ILR
Language criteria met: LIFE IN UK AND IELTS ACADEMIC
Method of application: NCS
Council name: EDINBURGH
Date of application: 28/05/2014
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 07.06.2014 (after i called for an update...)
Confirmation Letter Received : 12 June dd 5 June
Approval Date: TBA
Date approval received: TBA
Date of ceremony: Waiting[/quote]

shaheen

Post by shaheen » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:46 am

sheet5.PNG
sheet5.PNG (63.11 KiB) Viewed 3292 times
Here is the updated sheet, it is not as green as it should be let see next week.

ayoubtt

Post by ayoubtt » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:55 am

Thanks Shaheen..

Spreadsheet looks a bit worrying with the lone green line.

Begumn
Newly Registered

Post by Begumn » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:38 pm

Hi everyone really need your help

I have been living in uk since 2001. On my passport it says (given leave
to remain in the uk for an indefinite period) can I still go ahead and apply for naturalisation?? Please help thank you

Begumn
Newly Registered

Post by Begumn » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:45 pm

Hi I have my life in the uk cert English cert will take around 2 weeks. I will go to NCS to send off for naturalisation. Will they keep my passport to send it off to?? Or I can keep them?

Thanks

king hassi

Post by king hassi » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:10 pm

total 41 days gone no approval yet...looking forward for next week ....shall i call ho for update or no?

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:27 pm

[quote="Begumn"]Hi I have my life in the uk cert English cert will take around 2 weeks. I will go to NCS to send off for naturalisation. Will they keep my passport to send it off to?? Or I can keep them?

NCS will do photocopies of all your documents and will return you the original documents same day of your appointment with them.
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:29 pm

Begumn wrote:Hi everyone really need your help

I have been living in uk since 2001. On my passport it says (given leave
to remain in the uk for an indefinite period) can I still go ahead and apply for naturalisation?? Please help thank you

The answer is "YES"
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Sudhanshuk
Newly Registered

Post by Sudhanshuk » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:09 pm

Eligibility criteria: HSMP+Tier 1+ILR
Language criteria met: LIUK+ NARIC + HSMP/Tier 1 assessement Documents
Current nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Kingston Upon Thames
Date of application: 22/05/2014
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 23/05/2014
Date of aknowlegment: Dated 30/05/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 30/05/2014
Date approval received: Waiting
Date of ceremony: Waiting

king hassi

Post by king hassi » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:37 pm

guys! let me tell u something dont call ho to knw ur application status they r totally giving wrong statement ..i rang ho today bloke told me ur case is not allocated to caseworker which is totally lie bcz i applied on 2nd may nd i got call from caseworker after 20 days she asked me only one question abt my residency period nd 10 days before i rang to ho guy said it is allocated to caseworker than how come guy told me its not today than how come the lady rang me and asked abt my application she cant b someonce else she was case worker i beleive ..i asked one of my friend today his case was different but he had a same situation he rang ho to know his application status they said it can still take months nd after 4 days he got approval through post ..hopefully i ll get my approval this month bcz i can see on other threads alot of peple got their approvals with in two months maximum...anyways i just wanted to share my experience with u guys ...feel to share ur experiences...

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:39 pm

king hassi wrote:guys! let me tell u something dont call ho to knw ur application status they r totally giving wrong statement ..i rang ho today bloke told me ur case is not allocated to caseworker which is totally lie bcz i applied on 2nd may nd i got call from caseworker after 20 days she asked me only one question abt my residency period nd 10 days before i rang to ho guy said it is allocated to caseworker than how come guy told me its not today than how come the lady rang me and asked abt my application she cant b someonce else she was case worker i beleive ..i asked one of my friend today his case was different but he had a same situation he rang ho to know his application status they said it can still take months nd after 4 days he got approval through post ..hopefully i ll get my approval this month bcz i can see on other threads alot of peple got their approvals with in two months maximum...anyways i just wanted to share my experience with u guys ...feel to share ur experiences...
Just spoke to the naturalisation contact and the guy confirmed that they do not have access to full system and they can not confirm if the case has been allocated to a caseworker yet. They can only see when the application was received and if they have sent any decision or query letters out.
So all the people calling and getting told that their application has been allocated to a caseworker is total bullcrap.

Goodluck.

ayoubtt

Post by ayoubtt » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:48 pm

[iD] wrote:
king hassi wrote:guys! let me tell u something dont call ho to knw ur application status they r totally giving wrong statement ..i rang ho today bloke told me ur case is not allocated to caseworker which is totally lie bcz i applied on 2nd may nd i got call from caseworker after 20 days she asked me only one question abt my residency period nd 10 days before i rang to ho guy said it is allocated to caseworker than how come guy told me its not today than how come the lady rang me and asked abt my application she cant b someonce else she was case worker i beleive ..i asked one of my friend today his case was different but he had a same situation he rang ho to know his application status they said it can still take months nd after 4 days he got approval through post ..hopefully i ll get my approval this month bcz i can see on other threads alot of peple got their approvals with in two months maximum...anyways i just wanted to share my experience with u guys ...feel to share ur experiences...
Just spoke to the naturalisation contact and the guy confirmed that they do not have access to full system and they can not confirm if the case has been allocated to a caseworker yet. They can only see when the application was received and if they have sent any decision or query letters out.
So all the people calling and getting told that their application has been allocated to a caseworker is total bullcrap.

Thanks " iD " for the clarification, lots of weird and wonderful theories were starting to emerge.lol.
Atleast that clears that.

P.S. the Good Luck at the end in your signature really sums up the actual situation there.
No updates from anyone for almost a week now. how strange !!

1just
Newly Registered

Post by 1just » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:38 pm

No update coz no news, I really want it ASAP coz I've sooo much to do. But I gave up hope to get decision quick, just patiently waiting. And you guys heard maybe by now what mess they got in passport office , months waiting ahead. We can not choose fast track service with first adult passport as well. That takes my plans well behind my goal. And serious plans! No point getting stressed though. Shame only we have to pay sooooo much..

king hassi

Post by king hassi » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:51 pm

thanks ayoubtt for ur clarification and 1just dont worry abt ur passport application bcz they still say u ll get ur passsport with in 6 weeks by law ok may b thay can take 7 weeks but not more.. last month i sent my wifes passport for renewal we got it in 5 weeks i knw it was a renewal not a first passport but they cant take 2 months or more to send out new passport they r hiring more staff nd the waiting time is not change yet so hopefully with in 6 weeks we ll get our passports the only problem is naturlisation application they said 6 months wait we cant do anything abt it but hopefully we ll get our approval letters within this month if u see april approvals timeline people got their approvals within 2 months so finger crossed ....