ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Cover letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deepakuec

EC Cover letter

Post by deepakuec » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:57 am

Hi All,

Please send me the EC Cover letter Format ..

I am applying from Bangalore VFS ...

Please do it ASAP ... I have to apply this week ,.

Thanks for your help

regards
Deepak

vishalsunr

Post by vishalsunr » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:09 pm

if possible please also send me cover letter at vishalmmehta@gmail.com
Om Reem Shree PadamPrabhu Jinendrai Namah
-------------------------------------------------------
Applied On : 20th-dec
Applied From : Ahmedabad VFS
Integra Verification: 3rd & 4Th Dec
Case No.: 1161xxxx
Final Status : Waiting

ssvgopal

Re : EC Covering Letter

Post by ssvgopal » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:45 pm

Hi,

Pls find relevant snippets from my covering letter.
Accomodation letter is already available on the site, dont remember the link though.

Regards,
Sai

======================
Mr. XYZ
Mrs. ABC
FULL ADDRESS
....INDIA
Phone : +91-(landline),
+91- (husband’s mobile)
+91- (wife’s mobile)
Email :
Date Month Year
To,
The British Deputy High Commission
Chennai/CITY-of-UK-Embassy, India

Subject : Entry Clearance Application of Mr. XYZ & Mrs. ABC
Dear Sir/Madam:

My full name is XYZ, Z being my Surname. I am an Indian national, born on … and resident of …, India. I have applied for HSMP in …date, and my initial application had been kindly approved by Work Permits(UK) with Reference number : … on …date (valid upto …date). Myself and my wife, ABC(pre-marital name being …), wish to apply for Entry Clearance to the UK, to come to the UK.
All the required supporting documentation is enclosed along with the EC application forms. Upon being kindly granted the EC for both of us, we plan to travel to the UK on …date. We kindly request the British Deputy High Commission to process our EC applications, and issue the EC for both of us with Effective Date from …date.

Marriage Documentation :
• Marriage Registration certificate
• Entry of husband’s name in wife’s passport
• Entry of wife’s name in husband’s passport
• Joint Bank Account statement from BANK-name, Branch-name,City
• Marriage photographs

Finances in UK :
• Financial support from my friend, PQR staying in London on Work permit.
o Letter of financial support, stating his willingness to help us financially in case the need arises. { If you have a sponsor for accommodation as well as finances, it will be really helpful. }
o Council tax receipt
o 4 months Payslips
o 1 month Bank statement
o Latest P60 certificate
• Statement of Salary Account with Bank-name, A/c no. …. Account balance is in excess of … INR ~ … GBP(at 1GBP = 82 INR as on 27th June 2007 given by www.xe.com).
o I’ve taken a loan of … INR from Bank-name, City-name to fund my expenses in the UK, this amount being reflected in the enclosed Bank statement. The loan agreement letter from Bank-name is also enclosed.
o The Bank contact details are enclosed below :
BANK-NAME
Area …
Address …
Tel +91-
Fax +91-
Weekday : Monday to Friday, Timings : 10.00 - 4.00
Weekend : Saturday, Timings : 10.00 - 1.00
WeeklyOff : Sun

Finances in India :
• Statement of Joint savings account & Copy of Passbook. Account balance is in excess of … INR. The Savings Account Number is ….
The bank details are provided below :
BANK-NAME, branch-name, City-name.
Branch Code : …
Branch-Address…
Phone : +91-40-…, +91-40-…
• Company Pension Fund Accumulation since …(mention year here), … INR. I plan to withdraw this PF amount and deposit the proceeds to my BANK-NAME Account. The online statement for the PF accumulation is enclosed till …date. Tax(at applicable rates of around 30%) would be deducted on these proceeds, and the net proceeds are expected to be around … INR.
• I own a Bullet Machismo 350cc bike and Maruti 800cc Euro-2 car, both taken under loan. The bike’s loan is cleared, and the car loan is due till this …year. I plan to clear off the remaining car loan for the 2 months, sell both of them and deposit the proceeds to my BANK-NAME Account.
o The car and the bike were originally priced at 2,45,000 INR(in Sept’2002) and 75,000 INR(in Oct’2004), and are expected to fetch around 1,00,000 INR and 55,000 INR respectively in the second hand market.
o The bike and the car RC copies are provided along. The letter from BANK stating the completion of the bike loan is provided. The letter from BANK stating the complete tenure of the car loan is also provided.
o The net proceeds from the sale of these vehicles is expected to be around …INR(after deducting the remaining 2 EMIs for July/August: 4372 + 4372 + 2.5% foreclosure charges).
• Total finances available for my financial commitments in India would be … + … + … = … INR.

Current Employment Documentation :
Myself, XYZ, am employed with COMPANY, a division of BIG-COMPANY, based in CITY, as a PRESENT-ROLE. I am working on PRESENT-DOMAIN and have been with COMPANY since …year. I am enclosing my Joining letter, payslips, hike/promotion letters, experience letter, recent bonus letter, ID card copy, visiting card as proof for my current employment with COMPANY.
• Joining Letter
• All Hike/Promotion Letters
• Payslips(last 12 months)
• Experience Letter
• Salary account statements in SALARY-BANK, CITY-name from MONTH-YEAR till …date
• IT returns filed in India for the past 3 years(2003 to 2005). (Please note, that the IT returns for the financial year 2006-07 is not filed because the Form 16 was not issued till date by COMPANY. Enclosed the mail-communication with COMPANY HR in this regard.)
Contact details of Mr. EFG, COMPANY Finance for verification purposes :
EFG, COMPANY-NAME
ADDRESS
Phone : + 91- Mobile : +91-
Email : … Fax : +91-…
• Recent bonus letter given in May 2007
• COMPANY Pension Fund Accumulation, online statement(from third party agency maintaining the employee PF funds) since 2003 till 2007.
• Office Address :
COMPANY
ADDRESS
Phone : +91-…. Extn : …
Fax : +91-…
Email : …

Travel Plan :
• I will bear the cost of the travel for myself and my wife to the UK. The air travel cost is expected to be around … INR.

Plan while in UK :
• The cost of initial accommodation in London will be borne by myself. I booked a hotel accommodation for a week for both of us from 26th July till 2nd Aug 2007 at 301 GBP. The online booking receipt is attached along with the EC application. The booking details are mentioned below :
Booking Ref : … in www.bhrc.co.uk
Room details : Double Basic - This room can occupy 2 adults
HOTEL ADDRESS
Phone : +44 (0) … Fax : …
• Subsequently, we plan to find a suitable rented accommodation. We are expecting the cost of combined accommodation to come around 350 GBP per month. Other miscellaneous expenses to come around 300 BGP per month.
• I am applying to job adverts in the job websites jobserve, reed, hays, cwjobs, progressive, totaljobs. I’ve recently interviewed for a Software Engineer position in the company client-company-name based in London.
o The interview details along the email communications with the consultant(name) are enclosed.
o Most of the companies I interacted showed interest in my CV, but were asking me to be physically available in the UK for further discussions. So, I expect to find a suitable position shortly after arriving in the UK.
o My current CV is also provided.
• My wife is applying to job adverts in the field of …. She expects to get a job shortly after she arrives in the UK as she had previous experience working for UK firms in India.

Please find enclosed below, the details of the supporting documentation that was provided for the Initial HSMP application.
Evidence supplied for Age :
• Original Birth Certificate [ Q.53 ]
• Notarised copy of personal details page of Passport [ Q.54 ]
• Copy of Driving Licence [ Q.54 ]
HSMP Points awarded : 5
I am a post-graduate in STREAM, having completed my MTech(Master of Technology) in INSTITUTE during the academic year 1997-98. This course is equivalent to Masters programme in UK.
Evidence supplied for Academic Qualifications :
• Original MTech Degree Certificate [ Q.24.1 ]
• Also enclosed the original letter issued by the Institute in 20th Feb’01, to correct the spelling-mistake in my Name as written on the MTech Degree certificate(corrected from “XyZâ€

shin25

Help with EC - Experts Opinion Please

Post by shin25 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:21 pm

Hello,
I have already got my HSMP approved and I am going for EC. Wanted to know if I show only Hotel Booking approval Is it okay? Or DO i need to show that I have a JOb offer in Hand or I need an Invitation letter from some body in the UK. Does showing only Hotel bookign weaken the case or sumthing? Experts Opinion Please .....

Shin

sow2k
Newly Registered

Thx ssvgopal!. I have a Q on the CV...

Post by sow2k » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:22 am

I dont have the exp certificate of one of the firms I worked , as it got closed due to slow down in 2000. Can I hide this in my CV ?

How important the CV is , when we apply for EC? Is it a must to be given?