ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:21 pm

Crimbo111 wrote:Alhumdulillah, I received my visa today.

I applied at Lahore, My timelines are :

Online Submission : 20th May
Bio-metric and documents submission : 27th May
Visa Granted : 10th June
Informed/ Documents collected: 12th June

Now for British summer :)
Congratulations !
Submitted Application: Feb 2012
Application Refused: Jul 2012
Appealed: Unsuccessfull
Reapplied: 27th Sep 2013
Application hold - Jan 2014
RFC: 26th August 2014
Result: Alhamdulillah Visa Granted - All thanks to Allah and your prayers

GravelyConcerned
Newly Registered

Post by GravelyConcerned » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:45 am

Salam all,

Does anyone know of the following or experience ...

- Is the sponsor subject to a CRB check? If they have a criminal record or a pending issue..

- Applied for visa 5 weeks ago. Paid i believe an extra amount to gt all the updates smss etc Nothing recieved so far at all. Dnt know re HMRC but employer has not been contactd

Reading through makes me think that they have no system,its all randomly done, and basically my bhabis visa could be sat on the dustheap.....

I would appreciate a response if you can help

magicman316

Post by magicman316 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:47 am

I got an email this morning advising me that my visa application is ready for collection.

Does anyone know the collection days/times for the Islamabad VAC? There's no appointment needed for collections, right? What does my wife need to take with her? Just the receipt and her CNIC?

Getting the application back so quickly, is that a good sign?
27/5/14 - Applied in Islamabad
12/06/14 - Decision Delayed (Further Enquiries)
13/06/14 - Email & Call from VAC to collect Passport
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:53 am

magicman316 wrote:I got an email this morning advising me that my visa application is ready for collection.

Does anyone know the collection days/times for the Islamabad VAC? There's no appointment needed for collections, right? What does my wife need to take with her? Just the receipt and her CNIC?

Its a positive sign insha'Allah as the processing times are alot quicker these days.
Go onto the Gerry's website, you should find the collection times for the VAC where you submitted your application.
Best of luck !
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Called for Interview 3rd July 2014
ALHAMDHULILLAH VISA GRANTED SAME DAY
Total 117 working days

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:28 am

Hi i emailed the embassy to withdraw application filled in the form and sent it back last Friday.

Anyone who has withdrawn could u tell me how long it took to receive back ur passport and documents?
Applied online 15/9/15
Biometrics mirpur 17/9/15
Documents confirmation November

magicman316

Post by magicman316 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:12 pm

can documents be collected by anyone or only by applicant themselves|?

Because my wife just got a call and her dad spoke with them and they told him that he can come collect and that she doesnt have to be present.

Does this sound right?
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:16 pm

magicman316 wrote:can documents be collected by anyone or only by applicant themselves|?

Because my wife just got a call and her dad spoke with them and they told him that he can come collect and that she doesnt have to be present.

Does this sound right?
Just to be on the safe side, get your wife to go with her father and get the documents. Remember to take the receipt etc..InShaAllah you'll get the visa. Do you mind if I ask which CAT you applied with?

Hello786 - We got our documents back after 2 weeks.

TangoMike
United Kingdom

Post by TangoMike » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:49 pm

A relative can collect as long as the applicant writes an affidavit to give permission for the person whoever it may be to collect. Id cards for both the person collecting and applicant are also required. The application receipt is required also! I know this works cos my wifes uncle collected it on her behalf when we withdrew application.

Hello 786 - when we withdrew they sent it back within 3 working days, i had asked then in the email to release it urgently so i could re-apply!

magicman316

Post by magicman316 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:54 pm

prayforus wrote:
magicman316 wrote:can documents be collected by anyone or only by applicant themselves|?

Does this sound right?
Just to be on the safe side, get your wife to go with her father and get the documents. Remember to take the receipt etc..InShaAllah you'll get the visa. Do you mind if I ask which CAT you applied with?

Thanks, they did mention that if she signs an authroisation letter he can collect.

I applied under not needing to meet financial requirement as Im a claimant of DLA, I also work full time so showed salary so financially wasn't any barriers so inshaAllah visa granted.

Thanks!
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:09 pm

magicman316 wrote:
prayforus wrote:

Does this sound right?

Thanks, they did mention that if she signs an authroisation letter he can collect.

I applied under not needing to meet financial requirement as Im a claimant of DLA, I also work full time so showed salary so financially wasn't any barriers so inshaAllah visa granted.

Thanks!
InShaAllah, thanks for sharing! Let us know how it all goes and the process for collection. This will also help others.

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:27 pm

MashaALLAH you got response very quick :) (what you wrote in your email brother ) bcoz u got quick RFC mashaallah and your wife will definitely get visa IA

may Allah grant visa to all of us
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

magicman316

Post by magicman316 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:40 pm

Thanks for all your kind words.
I relaly hope everyone gets their visas soon. Insha Allah.

If successful I'll surely advise on exactly what I included in the application as I have it saved and it may help others applying soon.

If the visa is granted, must my wife travel to the UK within 3 months of the issue date? i.e. if its issue date is June 10th, she must arrive in UK by September 10th and no later?

Also, doe sshe need to produce her TB certificate upon arrival? Anything else I should know?

Will her English certificate come in handy when she applies for ILR in a few years time? her certificate is a lifetime one with no expiry.

Cheers.
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:09 pm

magicman316, tell your wife to carry her documents with her. Keep ontop of the pile her your details, TB certificate, spouse visa docs etc..This can be handy for when the immigration officers asks her the reason of the visit. They can contact you if need be.

3 months is the given time frame from what I remember.

I've also read that people travelling internationally from Pakistan from June 1 2014 need a polio certificate. This is valid for 1 year. The certificate can be obtained from a district hospital or the airport from what I read.

The english certificate, is it the A1 test she took? I've been getting mixed information on the validity of this. My wife did the same, and was told it's valid for 2 years. Some say it's for life. The certificate my wife has no expiry date so I'm assuming it's valid for life.

In 2.5 years, you will need to apply again for your wife's visa and meet the requirements. After those 2.5 years are up then you can apply for ILR. Life in the UK test needs to be taken, no sure about english.

nimi

Post by nimi » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:10 pm

Husband submitted passport for visa stamp on1st april 14 been over 10 weeks and still no call to collect passport. How long does it take.

yasen

Post by yasen » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:02 pm

magicman316 wrote:
prayforus wrote:

Does this sound right?

salaam brother im claming dla to and im applieing for my wife to come over its been over 4 months now.

plz can you tell me what papers you included in your application. well brother i know a sister got her visa she wasnt working even its been a few weeks back she got visa.

plz brother let me know.

Thanks!

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:27 pm

magicman316 wrote:I got an email this morning advising me that my visa application is ready for collection.

Woh that was quick. Hopefully will be good news for you. Shame that its Friday, you have to wait 2 days to know the result. Anyways good luck and let us know as soon as you find out.
Submitted Application: Feb 2012
Application Refused: Jul 2012
Appealed: Unsuccessfull
Reapplied: 27th Sep 2013
Application hold - Jan 2014
RFC: 26th August 2014
Result: Alhamdulillah Visa Granted - All thanks to Allah and your prayers

magicman316

Post by magicman316 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:32 pm

Applicant
Nikanama in Urdu
Nikanama in English
Birth Certificate
TB Certificate
English Certificate
Qualification Certificates
Attested Photocopy of CNIC
Applicant's Passport
1 Photograph
Signed Letter of applicant's intent

Forms
VAF4A Completed/printed from Visa4UK site
Appendix 2
Sponsorship Undertaking Form
Proof of visa fee payment
Proof of appointment printed out online

Supporting Documents
Sponsorship Letter
Sponsor's Passport Photocopies
Invoice from Solicitors (for their attestation of my passport, birth certificate etc)
Sponsor's Birth Certificate
Accommodation Support Letter
Sponsor's Mother's Passport Copies as she is homeowner.
Land Registry Document proving her ownership of property.
Recent Bills in mothers name proving she pays council tax, gas and electric.
Property Inspection Report

Financial
Disability Living Allowance letter dated April 2014 detailing my entitlement to DLA with the rates (this is very key document as proves you are entitled to DLA and therefore exempt from financial requirement)
Certified Copies of last 12 months bank statements where salary is paid in.
Certified Copies of last 12 months worth of savings account statements
Photocopies (certified) of savings book pages for last 12 months worth of transactions.
Online print out (certified) of online savings account showing last 12 months transactions.

Last 12 months worth of original payslips
P60 for 2014 and 2013
Confirmation of Employment letter which my employer supplied detailing the date I started, my salary, my position and the fact that I am a full-time permanent member of staff.
Employment Confirmation - A letter sent to me last year when I passed probation at my work.
Terms and Conditions - original signed copy of my terms and conditions for my job.
Marriage Ceremony photographs printed and stuck onto A4 paper.
Casual Pictures of myself and wife together after the wedding.
Phone Bills detailing calls between myself and my wife, period of about 2 months which started about 5 days after Nika and went to about 2 weeks before application date.
Money Transfer Receipts

Bank Receipts proving she received the funds i sent on her end.
A letter from the bank manager proving she picked up the funds I sent via western union through UBL bank.
Mobile Top Ups - evidence of screenshots Ive sent showing that Ive topped up my wifes mobile online here in the UK to allow for her to communicate with me.
More Online screenshots of chat logs between myself and my wife.
idiot-phone Screenshots showing received text messages and sent messages between myself and my wife, again spanning the whole 2 month period from Nika till application time.
More phone screenshots of text messages sent via WhatsApp and SMS Markaz antoher idiot-phone App.

And that is all I sent I think.
Did I miss anything?
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:41 pm

salaam magicman316

is submitting the applicants and sponsors birth certificate a requirement?

just asking as i dont know where mine is at the moment, and i am hoping i can leave this document out?

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:43 pm

and do you know where i can get the Sponsorship Undertaking Form from?

yasen

Post by yasen » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:43 pm

magicman316 wrote:Applicant
Nikanama in Urdu
Nikanama in English
Birth Certificate
TB Certificate
English Certificate
Attested Photocopy of CNIC
Applicant's Passport
1 Photograph
Signed Letter of applicant's intent

Forms
VAF4A Completed/printed from Visa4UK site
Appendix 2
Sponsorship Undertaking Form
Proof of visa fee payment
Proof of appointment printed out online

Supporting Documents
Sponsorship Letter
Sponsor's Passport Photocopies
Invoice from Solicitors (for their attestation of my passport, birth certificate etc)
Sponsor's Birth Certificate
Accommodation Support Letter
Sponsor's Mother's Passport Copies as she is homeowner.
Land Registry Document proving her ownership of property.
Recent Bills in mothers name proving she pays council tax, gas and electric.
Property Inspection Report

Financial
Disability Living Allowance letter dated April 2014 detailing my entitlement to DLA with the rates (this is very key document as proves you are entitled to DLA and therefore exempt from financial requirement)
Certified Copies of last 12 months bank statements where salary is paid in.
Certified Copies of last 12 months worth of savings account statements
Photocopies (certified) of savings book pages for last 12 months worth of transactions.
Online print out (certified) of online savings account showing last 12 months transactions.

Last 12 months worth of original payslips
P60 for 2014 and 2013
Confirmation of Employment letter which my employer supplied detailing the date I started, my salary, my position and the fact that I am a full-time permanent member of staff.
Employment Confirmation - A letter sent to me last year when I passed probation at my work.
Terms and Conditions - original signed copy of my terms and conditions for my job.
Marriage Ceremony photographs printed and stuck onto A4 paper.
Casual Pictures of myself and wife together after the wedding.
Phone Bills detailing calls between myself and my wife, period of about 2 months which started about 5 days after Nika and went to about 2 weeks before application date.
Money Transfer Receipts

Bank Receipts proving she received the funds i sent on her end.
A letter from the bank manager proving she picked up the funds I sent via western union through UBL bank.
Mobile Top Ups - evidence of screenshots Ive sent showing that Ive topped up my wifes mobile online here in the UK to allow for her to communicate with me.
More Online screenshots of chat logs between myself and my wife.
idiot-phone Screenshots showing received text messages and sent messages between myself and my wife, again spanning the whole 2 month period from Nika till application time.
More phone screenshots of text messages sent via WhatsApp and SMS Markaz antoher idiot-phone App.

And that is all I sent I think.
Did I miss anything?

nop you didnt mss anything i sent the same papers as you but i dont work. i sent supporting letters from doctrs and support worker. inshAllah yr wife will get visa i just get this gut feeling people with dla they get visa and on facebook theres a group where lot of people with dla gt there spouses visa first time.

how much saving are you spouse to have in account solicitor said you need atleast 4,000 pounds but if more thats gd but solicitor was cofidnt tht if you getting dla u get visa my sis was on dla she gt her spouse visa to the same solicitor got papers ready tht my sistr gave to him.

magicman316

Post by magicman316 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:48 pm

abdulraheem123, I dont think its a requirement that you must have your birth certificates but as I had mine and she had hers we just included it (the more docs you can provide the better, thats the way I see it). If you dont have something then either dont mention it or if its something important try explain why you dont have it, Im sure they will understand.

sponsorship undertaking form:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... p-form.pdf

yasen, Im fortunate to have had about 37k in savings which I showed and hopefully thats going to help. I didnt actually go to a solicitor for anything other than them to attest my passport, birth certificate, my mums passport and that was it I think. My wife got her docs attested by solicitor in pak though.

You should be fine, as long as you meet the adequate maintenance level which is something like 120 pounds a week I believe, for the next 2.5 years. As long as the ECO can see you have this much projected income either from income sources or savings for next 2.5 years then they cant reject you on financial grounds. best of luck
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!

yasen

Post by yasen » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:54 pm

magicman316 wrote:abdulraheem123, I dont think its a requirement that you must have your birth certificates but as I had mine and she had hers we just included it (the more docs you can provide the better, thats the way I see it). If you dont have something then either dont mention it or if its something important try explain why you dont have it, Im sure they will understand.

yasen, Im fortunate to have had about 37k in savings which I showed and hopefully thats going to help. I didnt actually go to a solicitor for anything other than them to attest my passport, birth certificate, my mums passport and that was it I think. My wife got her docs attested by solicitor in pak though.

You should be fine, as long as you meet the adequate maintenance level which is something like 120 pounds a week I believe, for the next 2.5 years. As long as the ECO can see you have this much projected income either from income sources or savings for next 2.5 years then they cant reject you on financial grounds. best of luck

you shouldnt have any problem inshAhhal you wil hear good news. yeah i meet the money requirmnt the 120 pounds per week.

yasen

Post by yasen » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:56 pm

yasen wrote:
magicman316 wrote:abdulraheem123, I dont think its a requirement that you must have your birth certificates but as I had mine and she had hers we just included it (the more docs you can provide the better, thats the way I see it). If you dont have something then either dont mention it or if its something important try explain why you dont have it, Im sure they will understand.

Dont understand 2 and half year thing is a new rule u after re apply or sumat

you shouldnt have any problem inshAhhal you wil hear good news. yeah i meet the money requirmnt the 120 pounds per week.

magicman316

Post by magicman316 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:01 pm

I don't fully understand it myself just yet but I think the visa you get issued to begin with is for 2.5 years, then you have to apply for either Further leave to remain or Indefinite leave to remain. Haven't gottten that far yet to be honest, lol - just want the first hurdle out of the way. My understanding is that down the line as long as your circumstances are still good, i.e accommodation and finances and your spouse still has relevant English qualification and passes Life in UK test then you can apply for further leave/indefinite leave which is in other words british citizenship.
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:24 pm

thanks for the link bro, jazakallah khair