ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

similo
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by similo » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:26 pm

ThisYear wrote:I was asked to withdraw my JR and give them 3 months to reconsider on the premise that if the decision is not positive it will generate a right of appeal IN COUNTRY. Also, they agreed to pay my costs. However, the 3 month limit has elapsed and I'm yet to get a reply so it is back to the waiting game.

I agree with Al Hagg that your solicitor should have insisted on you getting at least right to appeal, but seeing that you are married to a BC, it could work in your favour. I pray it does.

rilakuma wrote:Good Day to all!
Just want to share and find out if anyone in here are going through Judicial Review. My solicitor received the consent order from the Tsol, that they are reconsidering my application but I have to withdraw my JR. He advised to withdraw it. It says as well in the letter that a result would be within 3 months.
I actually do not know if that is a wise move because that does not guarantee that I wont get refuse again and I feel like if that happens I have wasted a lot of time and effort.
I initially applied for a spouse visa (wife is british citizen) but under FLR O since my previous visa has expired 14 days (Dec. 2012) before we got married.

here is my timeline
FLR O application: January 8, 2013
Biometrics: February 2013
REfused:September 27, 2013 (that was my birthday :(
PAP sent: October 2013
JR filed: December 23, 2013
Consent order was given June 9, 2014
Hi, this year
I'm a silent follower of this forum and wondered if your consent order has been selead by the courts. As my partners one took 3months for the sealing before starting counting the 3mths?

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:48 pm

Believe2013 wrote:@This year please excuse my lacklustre in failing to acknowledge your greetings! It was unintentional. Well if 3 months have elapsed you are within reason to give them a kick up the backside' wouldn't we all love to, given the opportunity!!!! You are extremely close to freedom! If i hear one more lawyer say oh just wait until they get in touch.... I will burst into .......tears lol - they haven't got the slightest idea of what we face day in and day out! Somethings you just have to do it on your own accord! Sounds like a mini rant but not intended it to be! Now to the less mundane things....They are denying me my freedom but they can't stop me from watching the world cup! I am supporting all the teams but one! I suppose they better leave the engine of the plane running, they will be back home soon!

Hahaa I can't but to laugh. I absolutely agree with you. Hope they will meet the barbecue
Your expectation will manifest very soon

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:55 pm

@Believe no offence taken :D

:lol: :lol......: let them continue with the hype
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:57 pm

@similo, I honestly don't have a clue about "sealing"
Kindly enlighten me.

similo wrote:
ThisYear wrote:I was asked to withdraw my JR and give them 3 months to reconsider on the premise that if the decision is not positive it will generate a right of appeal IN COUNTRY. Also, they agreed to pay my costs. However, the 3 month limit has elapsed and I'm yet to get a reply so it is back to the waiting game.

I agree with Al Hagg that your solicitor should have insisted on you getting at least right to appeal, but seeing that you are married to a BC, it could work in your favour. I pray it does.

rilakuma wrote:Good Day to all!
Just want to share and find out if anyone in here are going through Judicial Review. My solicitor received the consent order from the Tsol, that they are reconsidering my application but I have to withdraw my JR. He advised to withdraw it. It says as well in the letter that a result would be within 3 months.
I actually do not know if that is a wise move because that does not guarantee that I wont get refuse again and I feel like if that happens I have wasted a lot of time and effort.
I initially applied for a spouse visa (wife is british citizen) but under FLR O since my previous visa has expired 14 days (Dec. 2012) before we got married.

here is my timeline
FLR O application: January 8, 2013
Biometrics: February 2013
REfused:September 27, 2013 (that was my birthday :(
PAP sent: October 2013
JR filed: December 23, 2013
Consent order was given June 9, 2014
Hi, this year
I'm a silent follower of this forum and wondered if your consent order has been selead by the courts. As my partners one took 3months for the sealing before starting counting the 3mths?
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

similo
Newly Registered

Post by similo » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:12 pm

ThisYear wrote:@similo, I honestly don't have a clue about "sealing"
Kindly enlighten me.

@thisyear I'm not very good at explaining things but I will give it but will give my best short!
When my partner was asked to
Withdraw his JR early jan2014, their initial consent order stated, we must withdraw the JR and they agree to reconsider upon the sealing of the order. Our solicitor wrote back and redrafted stating, we agree only if they refund the cost and should they refuse again they should give right to appeal. They agreed and the order was signed by both parties and was sent to the court on the 8th of January BUT the court did not seal/stamp it until 2nd of April 2014. And that's when we started counting the 3months.
I think the best advise I can give you is to read your consent letter if it says, they agree to reconsider after the sealing of the order, you will need to ask your solicitor to give you the sealed order. If your consent order doesn't say anything about the sealing, please insist that the solicitor contact them sharp sharp! I know we would we just waiting for the 2nd of July

By the way my patners application was based on a private life, British partner and child. He was refused last year Sept!

It's the hardest journey, one we are determined to succeed.
I hope my little pennies helps

Hi, this year
[/quote]

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:41 am

@everyone,
Did you watch the channel 4 news last night, Theresa May/or her office is not only failing immigrants she is failing British citizen as well. They have back log of passports. I guess they stopped processing the BC passport so that they can process as many refusal as possible :?

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:48 am

rilakuma wrote:@Al Haqq
Yes that is all they have offered and it was the suggestion of our solicitor to accept their terms. I did asked the solicitor to call the TSol and make them agree that if in any case that they refuse me again they'll give me a right for an appeal but Tsol refuse to give us that. They said that my situation is not applicable for a right to appeal since I filed my initial application with an expired visa. So I was left with no choice but just to accept the consent order. Now, I am worried that I made a wrong choice. Felt like I juSt thrown all the time and effort I have put on this.
Solicitor is confident that my application is strong but I've been burned and learned my lesson on that one (first solicitor said that one as well and look where it got me).
I wonder what is the percentage for applications going through JR then reconsideration gets refuse? Do you know?
Thank you so much.
@rilakuma
I am sorry I do not know but you can get this information if you contact freedom of information and make a request or look through if someone has made similar then you can read the data. I know the there was a statistics by the end of 2012.
let us hope and pray it all comes out positive for you.

God's time
Newly Registered

Post by God's time » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:08 am

Al Haqq wrote:@everyone,
Did you watch the channel 4 news last night, Theresa May/or her office is not only failing immigrants she is failing British citizen as well. They have back log of passports. I guess they stopped processing the BC passport so that they can process as many refusal as possible :?

Spot on. Al Haqq victory will surely be yours after today.

clee4
Newly Registered

Post by clee4 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:07 pm

Hello All,

First time posting on this board but I have been following these posting since I first applied for FLR(O). My situation is a tad bit different I applied as a US Civilian Employee. My husband is british and both of my children are british however they were born in the states. We were living in the states but had to come back since my husband is very ill and I don't really have much family in the states but we have a ton here. I was able to obtain a job on base within time and applied for a US Civilian Employee because I came here on a tourist 6 month I was a little bit nervous applying for this. Applied April 10th 2014. Received biometric letter and an ECHR letter on April 19th, 2014. Biometrics were done on April 22nd, 2014. I have not heard anything since I applied however today I had a missed package from DX and it was for me under my name I don't have any accounts or anything under my name here so I'm thinking this has to be the BRP card? I couldn't think of what else. They cannot re-deliver until Monday! SO I'm driving myself crazy thinking what it could be. Have not yet received any apprroval letter...Anyone else receive a brp card before approval letter?

FLR(O) - applied 4/10/14
Application received/biometric/ECHR - 4/19/2014
Biometrics done 4/22/14
Missed package from DX 6/13/14

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:15 pm

clee4 wrote:Hello All,

First time posting on this board but I have been following these posting since I first applied for FLR(O). My situation is a tad bit different I applied as a US Civilian Employee. My husband is british and both of my children are british however they were born in the states. We were living in the states but had to come back since my husband is very ill and I don't really have much family in the states but we have a ton here. I was able to obtain a job on base within time and applied for a US Civilian Employee because I came here on a tourist 6 month I was a little bit nervous applying for this. Applied April 10th 2014. Received biometric letter and an ECHR letter on April 19th, 2014. Biometrics were done on April 22nd, 2014. I have not heard anything since I applied however today I had a missed package from DX and it was for me under my name I don't have any accounts or anything under my name here so I'm thinking this has to be the BRP card? I couldn't think of what else. They cannot re-deliver until Monday! SO I'm driving myself crazy thinking what it could be. Have not yet received any apprroval letter...Anyone else receive a brp card before approval letter?

FLR(O) - applied 4/10/14
Biometrics done 4/22/14
If its DX than it must be your BRP.

Congrats in advance
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:20 pm

FLR(O) - applied 4/10/14
Biometrics done 4/22/14
Most likely as there has been stories on here that have received theirs before letter. Fingers crossed for you :D

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:23 pm

Thanks for the support as I picked up the courage and filed my oral request myself so the rest is in the hands on God. Will think about the day when I get a date but now let me breathe abit.
Have a lovely blessed weekend everyone. :D

es2013
United Kingdom

Post by es2013 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:45 pm

FLR(O) - applied 4/10/14
Biometrics done 4/22/14

Hi there, congratulations on your freedom. That is surely BRP, yes you can get it before your documents. Just relax and enjoy the lovely weekend
Application sent: 10.04.14
Received by HO : 11.04.14
Acknow dated : 14.04.14 received 19.04.14
Biometric letter: 15.04.14 and letter of ECHR received on 17.04.14
Biometrics done: 19.04.14
More docs requested: 04.06.14 Posted 14.06.14
BRP: 19.06.14

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:02 pm

Greetings one and all. Hope I find you in good health and making the most of the sunny weather!!

Just a little note to update you on my application. I did manage to put in an app for oral renewal and I have been given a date for August.

Stay blessed!

bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:58 pm

nilemarques wrote:Greetings one and all. Hope I find you in good health and making the most of the sunny weather!!

Just a little note to update you on my application. I did manage to put in an app for oral renewal and I have been given a date for August.

Stay blessed!

I wish you Goodluck on that. You shall celebrate soon

imensh
Newly Registered

Post by imensh » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:37 pm

Hi lovely people, I would like to share my timeline:

Applied under FLR(FP) based on British husband and child. Came as a visitor now an overstayer.

Application sent: 05/06/2014
Received by HO: 06/06/2014
Fees taken: 09/06/2014
Acknowledgment letter: 12/06/2014 dated 09/06/2014
Biometrics and ECHR letters: 13/06/2014 dated 11/06/2014
Biometrics done: 13/06/2014
Decision: waiting........

Wish the best of luck to all people waiting and hopefully we will all get a positive outcome and finally freedom.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:45 pm

[quote="bsmith13"][quote="nilemarques"]Greetings one and all. Hope I find you in good health and making the most of the sunny weather!!

Stay blessed![/quote]

I wish you Goodluck on that. You shall celebrate soon[/quote]

Thanks @bsmith. I need it!

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:49 am

God's time wrote:
Al Haqq wrote:@everyone,

Spot on. Al Haqq victory will surely be yours after today.
@God's time
Thanks and yes, no communication from them and yesterday was the last day. Now the last leg of the waiting game.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:50 am

nilemarques wrote:Greetings one and all. Hope I find you in good health and making the most of the sunny weather!!

Stay blessed!
Very happy for you, that is good news in the right direction. Good luck.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:52 am

rina wrote:Thanks for the support as I picked up the courage and filed my oral request myself so the rest is in the hands on God. Will think about the day when I get a date but now let me breathe abit.
Have a lovely blessed weekend everyone. :D
@rina
Yes that is the spirit, you are a fighter and if you need boosting now and again, the lovely people of this forum family are always there, Take care.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:07 am

[quote="Al Haqq"][quote="nilemarques"]Greetings one and all. Hope I find you in good health and making the most of the sunny weather!!

Stay blessed![/quote]

Very happy for you, that is good news in the right direction. Good luck.[/quote]

Thanks Al Haq. It sure is a step in the right direction. Now just need to convince judge that the amoebas are wrong in not issuing the removal orders.

Quick question though Al Haq if I may. In my judicial review, the judge made mention of HO's refusal reasons which I feel he shouldn't have as I don't have a right of appeal against the original decision. Do you think if I try to be sneaky at court and raise up the issues instead of just fighting for removal notice. Lol!! Worth a try don't you think? Might save me at least 1 court appearance as I fight on.

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:27 am

Hi, this year
I'm a silent follower of this forum and wondered if your consent order has been selead by the courts. As my partners one took 3months for the sealing before starting counting the 3mths?[/quote][/quote][/quote

]@Similo, many thanks for the explanation. Apparently I've been waiting based on the wrong time line! I'm so venting right now, the consent order was only sealed 23rd of May. No wonder my solicitor told me to "just keep waiting" :roll: I'll be forever grateful to the people on this forum for sharing their experiences.

Looks like August/ September for me .......might as well relax until then. Come on world cup :P
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

mickey88
Newly Registered

Discretionary leave travel requirement

Post by mickey88 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:02 pm

Hi,

I have been granted 2 years discretionary leave after failed asylum, I have received my Biometric card and now I am wondering what do I need to travel aboard apart from my passport and the Biometric card? ...I there other things that I need to do before travelling aboard? also with my 2 years discretionary leave would I be able to travel to my home country?

thanks to you all

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:43 pm

Stay blessed!
The Lord is your strength. You got a date that is close please try as much as possible to prepare. You shall be victorious
Your expectation will manifest very soon

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:40 pm

[quote="Kukuwife"][quote="nilemarques"]Greetings one and all. Hope I find you in good health and making the most of the sunny weather!!

Stay blessed![/quote]

The Lord is your strength. You got a date that is close please try as much as possible to prepare. You shall be victorious[/quote]

Thanks Kukuwife. I will go down fighting.