ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good Character- Is it necessary to have wife's Council Tax?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newbie.scott

Good Character- Is it necessary to have wife's Council Tax?

Post by newbie.scott » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:42 pm

Good Character Requirements - Is it necessary to have wife's Council Tax records?

Hi Friends

I am due to apply for naturalisation in two weeks time though my local council NCS.
I have a query regarding "Good Character" requirement.

My newly-wed wife who is a non-eu national started living with me recently in a property I rented out, I lived in this property for more than 2 years and I get 25% council tax discount as being single occupancy.
I am still in the process of updating her tenancy and council tax details.
In the application form I am declaring my address as my wife's address. Her previous address would be non-UK address. I pay my council tax and have clean record at council. My wife has no record at the moment.
Will home office or NCS at my local council, check both mine and my wife records relating to council tax? Or only mine who is the only & main applicant for naturalisation?
Having no records on my wife's at Council, will it cause a refusal?
Should I postpone my appointment until my wife's get her details recorded at Council?

Thanks for you help in advance..

Cheers
S

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: Good Character- Is it necessary to have wife's Council T

Post by shahid2000 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:06 pm

It takes only about 5 minutes to get your wife's name on the council bill and cancel the 25% discount ..... don't know what you mean by "process" ..... it took me just a phone call.
I would certainly advise you to get at least council tax sorted before you make any application. Nobody knows for sure what they check.

newbie.scott

Post by newbie.scott » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:33 pm

Thanks for your reply Shahid

I did called the council already, they are still processing, dont know when they are going to send me the updated joint account details.sorry for the confusion about "process".. I hope as long as they update the records before i make an application form, thats fine.otherwise.that's what i am worried about..

Cheers
S..

shahid2000 wrote:It takes only about 5 minutes to get your wife's name on the council bill and cancel the 25% discount ..... don't know what you mean by "process" ..... it took me just a phone call.
I would certainly advise you to get at least council tax sorted before you make any application. Nobody knows for sure what they check.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:52 pm

These days systems are computerized, the details are updated there and then. If you have informed the council and they have said that they have added the name to your council tax account and that they will send you an updated bill shortly then that's that .... you are all sorted.

newbie.scott

Post by newbie.scott » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:02 pm

Your comments reassured my case.. Thanks Shahid..

Cheers
S
shahid2000 wrote:These days systems are computerized, the details are updated there and then. If you have informed the council and they have said that they have added the name to your council tax account and that they will send you an updated bill shortly then that's that .... you are all sorted.