ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 unmarried partner

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vengo
Newly Registered

EEA2 unmarried partner

Post by Vengo » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:31 am

I'm unmarried partner of EEA national. We have lived together 5 years,2 years from 11/June/2012 I've got EEA2 residence card.
How can I qualify to remain in the UK in my own rights if I cease to be family member? What rights have I after we separate? Can I stay in the UK or I need to leave?

nmpresents
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 unmarried partner

Post by nmpresents » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:26 pm

Hi,

First of all I would like to tell you that I am not an authentic person for these kind of advises, I am here too learn some knowledge about EEA and get advises.
But as far as I know you have to live together at least five years after getting RC to be eligible for PR.
In married case if divorce took place after completing three year then after providing three years to evidences of living together can get PR. I might be wrong lets wait for someone other to reply and see.

Imshzd

Re: EEA2 unmarried partner

Post by Imshzd » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:41 pm

If you are un married partner then if your relationship ended by separation then you have no right to reside in the UK under EU regulations unless you have a child with court orders to access the child.