ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent query about mentioning position on the contract plz

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

memoa
Egypt

Urgent query about mentioning position on the contract plz

Post by memoa » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:10 am

Hi guys,

Applying for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa (PSW) route/50k.
Money held in UK

Is it mandatory to put (job position/occupation) on your contract where you put your name and sign.

For example, in my case:

I put on the front page of the contract
My company details and contact details
Then, I put my name
Then, I put the title as Director

Then, do I need to add (position or occupation?) before I put my signature??...I am a director of my ltd company as well as an Electrical engineer.

Please could u advise me if I am wrong, I will write this on contract:

Name_________

Title___Director___________

Occupation_Electrical Engineer__

I read on this forum that one get refused bcz he did not put the Job title on contract?...is that real?I just put my title as a Director and I signed.I have no idea that we do need to write Position.

Plz advise me on this...thannks for everyone and wish u all the luck..

my_friend

Re: Urgent query about mentioning position on the contract p

Post by my_friend » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:08 am

memoa wrote:Hi guys,

Money held in UK

Is it mandatory to put (job position/occupation) on your contract where you put your name and sign.

For example, in my case:

Then, I put my name

Then, do I need to add (position or occupation?) before I put my signature??...I am a director of my ltd company as well as an Electrical engineer.

Name_________

I read on this forum that one get refused bcz he did not put the Job title on contract?...is that real?I just put my title as a Director and I signed.I have no idea that we do need to write Position.

everyone is a director of his or her own company...but u need to have a specific job title according to your business and in relation to the NVQ level 4 or above....

when i applied i did put my job title on the contract rather than mentioning me being a director...

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:26 am

I will say put both

eg

Memoa
(Director, Electrical Engineer)

regards

Money held in UK

For example, in my case:

Then, I put my name

Name_________

memoa
Egypt

Post by memoa » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:53 am

my_friend wrote:

Money held in UK

For example, in my case:

Then, I put my name

Name_________

everyone is a director of his or her own company...but u need to have a specific job title according to your business and in relation to the NVQ level 4 or above....

when i applied i did put my job title on the contract rather than mentioning me being a director...

Dear my_friend,

Many thanks for your reply.

Yes I have been convinced now to put the job title and give it priority as everyone who has company is a director as u said. However, I will try to add Director as well to get rid off any doubts that come to my mind.

I will put :

Job title: Electrical Engineer. as u suggested,

and I will add Director somewhere as well.

All the best in ur application...thanks again

memoa
Egypt

Post by memoa » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:57 am

rehan01 wrote:I will say put both

eg

Memoa

regards

Money held in UK

For example, in my case:

Then, I put my name

Name_________

Dear rehan01",

I appreciate your prompt reply. You really sorted this out for me. I also thank you for being posting me a reply to my 2 posts...That is really so kind from u...

Yes..I will write like this:

Job title: Director/Electrical Engineer

Wish u success and luck with ur application....

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:12 am

you are welcome and good luck with your application too, I just told you the way I did in my contract.

all the very best and good luck

regards :P
memoa wrote:
rehan01 wrote:I will say put both

eg

Memoa

regards

Money held in UK

For example, in my case:

Then, I put my name

Name_________

Dear rehan01",

I appreciate your prompt reply. You really sorted this out for me. I also thank you for being posting me a reply to my 2 posts...That is really so kind from u...

Yes..I will write like this:

Job title: Director/Electrical Engineer

Wish u success and luck with ur application....

KickAss
Member of Standing

Post by KickAss » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:35 am

Just to let you know that not only the job title but it will be better you add services required in the contract known as statement of work (SOW).
This should be a role of consultant from your company and in this contract assigned consultant should be you.
and I am sure you will be aware about including all client details like email address and landline number etc.

These service offered then should be same in your advert and website to make your case strong.

Money held in UK

For example, in my case:

Then, I put my name

Name_________

monolyte

Post by monolyte » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:45 am

ok

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:57 am

well according to policy guidance, you do not need to mention your chosen job title anywhere else other than application form, as they will access your occupation from the services you are providing in contract. However, if you want you can mention it on contract on to be safe side. Just do not miss any of the requirements of contract format from policy guidance. People are being refuse on silly things, as if i am not wrong someone on forum was rejected because he did not mention on his website that he is the director of the company..and someone else was rejected because he mentioned director on contract which was different job title than in application form... but ofcourse i think these rejections are easy to defend in appeal based on policy guidance.

Another way you can mention it on contract without confusing case worker that Director is not your job title(SOC job title) can be
Name: Xxxxxx
(DIRECTOR OF Xxx Limited)

You must also provide one or more contracts showing trading. We will accept original documents
or copies, but if it is a copy you must sign each page of the contract. The contract must show:
• Your name and the name of the business;
• the service provided by your business; and
• the name of the other party/parties involved in the contract and their contact details.
These must include their full address including postal code, landline phone number
and any email address

Money held in UK

For example, in my case:

Then, I put my name

Name_________

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:55 pm

As per my understanding contract should have details of full terms and conditions covering everythng, services your business will be providing to client, person full name who signing on behlaf of company, with job title and applicant also mention director too (director/ electrical engineer), complete address of both parties including postcode, date contract signed, date contract will be effective from, LandLine telephone number of both parties.

And the your charges details that how much how will be charging your client.

That's all I can remember n I guess it cover it all but if I m missing nything plz correct me.

Regards

KickAss
Member of Standing

Post by KickAss » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:16 pm

rehan01 wrote:As per my understanding contract should have details of full terms and conditions covering everythng, services your business will be providing to client, person full name who signing on behlaf of company, with job title and applicant also mention director too (director/ electrical engineer), complete address of both parties including postcode, date contract signed, date contract will be effective from, LandLine telephone number of both parties.

And the your charges details that how much how will be charging your client.

That's all I can remember n I guess it cover it all but if I m missing nything plz correct me.

Regards
Agreed... I guess this is all required

memoa
Egypt

Post by memoa » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:33 pm

Money held in UK

For example, in my case:

Then, I put my name

Name_________

Thanks for u all about this useful discussion.....This discussion really cleared up any confusion.

All the best for everyone in his/her application....You deserve success as you are all working hard and doing great effort.....Good Luck :)

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:40 pm

Same to you too

Regards

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:16 am

Hi Guys,

Can someone please elaborate on the format of a contract. Does it have to be on the company letterhead ? If someone can share a sample it would be really helpful. Thanks !

pakhtoon77

Post by pakhtoon77 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:38 pm

Hi everyone, just to add to the usefull discussion about contracts. My visa was refused bcoz ho alleges that I have not mention the services which I will b providing to the client x, what is more bizarre is that services have been clearly mentioned in my contract . I have a hearing next week. InshaAllah it will b sorted.