ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa on a new work permit for a PR Visa holder

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:26 pm

Yours is a very tricky situation. So play it safe!

Your PR status expects you to stay in UK though they allow absence for a specified time without voiding it.

Since you got a valid PR on your passport now, I think its better you get to UK as quickly as you can without going for a WP.
Will it have a negative impact on you if you let your employer there know about your UK PR status ?

If you get a new work permit, your immigration status may go back to square one since WP is applied from India. Or, in other words - your PR status may get overidden since you are outside the country while WP application is filed.
But please consult a immigration expert regarding this - I'm not one !

Personally, I think you should get back to UK in your PR status because it gives you much freedom to move around while here without worries of a WP visa getting expired. More than that.... there is less complication for future if you wish to stay in UK as a resident!

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:28 pm

pvscd wrote:My company is not aware that I have Permanent Resident Visa and also I don't want to reveal it.
Is there a specific reason why revealing your ILR status is such an issue?